It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Pic of a triangle in Indiana !!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
here's a great pic someone took of a "triangle" in Indiana !

Article here: Triangle Article

here's the pic:

Enjoy !! Opinions anyone ??

[edit on 12-2-2008 by Alpha Grey]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Alpha Grey

I am a bit skeptical about this one. The actual craft its self seems to be in better quality than the rest of the picture. Everything else is a bit fuzzy while the craft is quite clear. Im not 100% sure but thats what it looks like to me

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Ive seen something very similar looking before. Interesting. The submitter seems to be anonymous. The fuzziness could be due to darkness.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Just a blimp, swamp gas reflecting off the trees because Venus wasn't in the picture. The moon was near but also not in the picture so, it was a reflection from 2 jet liners, flying in formation reflecting the sun, over California, never minding that California is 3 time zones away and the witness could see it 2,000 miles away because it was so high.

All of that, or a ufo, not sure which. Not that it is from outer space, as I said in a different thread, I've always thought the triangles were ours, but have learned on this forum, that triangles have been seen for decades.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I say we show this one to JRitzman (our resident expert) and see what he has to say about this one. I will let him know. Great shot if real.

Great post regardless

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I'm skeptical. The part of the image that is near the craft seems to have more compression artifacts than the rest of the picture, as if there was an effort to "blend" two images together.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Where in Indiana I camp there every weekend.

Line 2 I really do camp there every weekend

mikell

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Well I'm not going to cry hoax, but Oz made a good point about the image quality where the object is.

To be honest though, this could be a photo of a B2 from behind and at an angle when its running with nav lights on. Difficult call to make.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Cool picture.....why does the object look to be in better focus than every thing else in the scene?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I emailed this thread to Jeff. Now we wait.

I'm no expert so I'm not even going to offer an opinion.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Looks almost exactly as the China 2006 ufo video.

www.ufocasebook.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
The actual craft its self seems to be in better quality than the rest of the picture. Everything else is a bit fuzzy while the craft is quite clear.

I agree. There is alot of noise in the image, an obvious produce of it being a night time photo. Yet the black part of the craft seem to have little to no noise, its just blurry.

Zooming in, I get the impression that the black part of the disc in particular has been painted over the original image.

This is not a very technical analysis though, just an impression.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It's a clone of the fake China UFO vid from awhile back, here's a composite of the two:

All light positions are 100% the same, it's a cut and paste job. Someone with VERY little effort could have done *a lot* better then this.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by jritzmann]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I promise that I witnessed 3 triangles in Arizona back in 1987. They were very close and I saw every detail down to the astronauts who flew them. This I have to say looks nothing like those. Either these are fake or some sort of military vehicle seen from a strange angle. No way are they extra terrestrial in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'm assuming the label on the bottom of the pic meant 'the state of Indiana.' Jan 31/08

If so, why isn't there any snow on the ground in the pic?

Around what time was the pic taken?

According to this SITE there was a snowstorm lasting from Jan 31 to a few days after.

The ground is completely covered in snow in the site that I gave, but NOT according to the pic presented by the OP. Hmmmm...

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Being from Indiana, I would like to know approximate location also. While it does look exactly like the Chinese ufo, has that video been proven to be a hoax? It does not look like a triangle, more disc like. It seems as though with the Stephenville sighting that the ufo world has heated up. Lets all let a pro at debunking pictures have a look first before we yell fake.

I live in southern Indiana and we have had very little snow, the storm you are referring to left nothing where I live. We have had maybe 10 days total where the snow stayed around. We have had several 50 degree days this winter. More rain than snow.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by aceace]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Exactly!

Why would the ufo in the pic be more clear than the rest of the surroundings?

Even the person who took the pic had to say this:

The only thing I noticed was a sort of wavy-ness of the air surrounding the object - that's probably what stuck me most, actually. It resembled kind of what you see over a hot road on a summer day

Unknown Object Photgraphed over Indiana

If that's the case, the ufo would be blurry in the pic as well, as opposed to being more clear than it's surroundings?

~Ducky~

[edit on 12-2-2008 by TheDuckster]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
looks like that 1 from china

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
A couple of things... while I see the similarities between the china ufo and this one (matter of fact, it reminded me of that right away), upon closer inspection, this looks to be neither disc shaped NOR triangular in shape. It looks rectangular, to me. It could be a clever reconfiguration using photoshop....which may explain the lack of snow and the light positions being very similar to our china video.... or it could be coincidental, and this could be very similar to the craft I'ven seen before. big football field sized black flat-ish rectangular ships. Yes, kind of like the monolith from 2001, but also kinda not.

I dunno, this doesn't look exactly like what I saw. It could just as easily be a somewhat clever fake.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by indierockalien

The shape is the result of pixelation at the time of composite. You'll see in the blow up, a very light darkened upper edge. The result of a bad composite, and already degraded photo (if not with noise added to further obscure the composite edges.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join