It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Arrest Several Suspects in Plot to Kill Muhammad Cartoonist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Police Arrest Several Suspects in Plot to Kill Muhammad Cartoonist

www.foxnews.com

COPENHAGEN, Denmark —  Danish police said Tuesday they have arrested several people suspected of plotting to kill one of the 12 cartoonists behind the Prophet Muhammad drawings that sparked an uproar in the Muslim world two years ago.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Its ironic to me that while some sectors of the Muslim world make a petition for some pictures of their prophet to be removed, you have another group ploting to kill a man over some drawings.

Its just goes to show you how you have fanatics on one side discrediting this religion and some moderates in the other.

www.foxnews.com

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch

Its ironic to me that while some sectors of the Muslim world make a petition for some pictures of their prophet to be removed, you have another group ploting to kill a man over some drawings.

Its just goes to show you how you have fanatics on one side discrediting this religion and some moderates in the other.

www.foxnews.com

Id wager most of those petitioners are also fanatics

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Bunch beat me to it! Gotta get up early to scoop the ATS news hounds

I am just posting up my submissions from mine that got closed, it has some other sources and some links to ATS threads concerning this subject.

Danish Police Say Muhammad-Cartoons Death Plot Foiled

www.bloomberg.com

Feb. 12 (Bloomberg) -- Danish police arrested suspects in an alleged plot to murder one of a dozen cartoonists whose caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad in 2005 sparked riots in Muslim communities around the world.

Denmark's Security and Intelligence Service, PET, detained an unspecified number of people at 4:30 a.m. local time today in Aarhus, where Jyllands-Posten, the newspaper that commissioned the cartoons, is based.

Related News Links:
www.timesonline.co.uk
www.cnn.com
www.washingtonpost.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Denmark On Muhammeds Naughty List
NEWS: Cartoon protests turn deadly
Bounty Set Over Prophet Cartoon

Among the arrested were Danish citizens as well as foreign born Islamic extremists according to the article.

Another interesting snippet from the story is the economic impact to businesses of the country when parts of Africa and Asia stopped importing their goods due to the aftermath of the 2005 cartoon.

The suspected assassins planned to kill Kurt Westergaard, the artist, at his home.

I wonder if the artist from Sweden, Lars Vilks, who created a cartoon and a bounty was set last fall, is getting the same protection as Westergaard.

ed:add comment

[edit on 2/12/2008 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Well you can make the argument that everyone that follows a religion is a fanatic.

Me personally would like them to make a petition than having them ploting to kill someone.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
ISLAM= Religion mostly of ignorant, backward, poor people.

SCIENTOLOGY= Religion exclusively of ignorant, backward, rich people.

If Scientology and Islam ever merge, the whole world is doomed.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch

Well you can make the argument that everyone that follows a religion is a fanatic.

Me personally would like them to make a petition than having them ploting to kill someone.

I would use the term "fanatic" more in the sense that it shuts out reason, wishes to impose their system on others etc (that is obviously a very loose definition, and it would take a much longer discussion to nail down the term fully), but what I mean is, that someone who takes issue with an internet image of a man, to the extent that they sign petitions is certainly verging on fanatical (or as some appeasers like to call it "devout")

But yes, petitions are much better than beheadings

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
ISLAM= Religion mostly of ignorant, backward, poor people.

SCIENTOLOGY= Religion exclusively of ignorant, backward, rich people.

If Scientology and Islam ever merge, the whole world is doomed.

man that is some judgement. I used to be religious until I about choked to death on all the lies I was expected to swallow. Everything we need is within and around us.

peace

top topics

join