It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Right's Emerging Deadly Worldview: Kill Muslims to Purify the Earth

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by undo

Yeah, maybe I replied a bit in haste there.
Apologies.
That happens sometimes when someone else comes in and claims the moral highground and spouting nonsense with absolutely no supportive evidence and showing a total ignorance of previous posts.

To describe the OP as an evil atheist when he quite clearly isn't really bugged me.

Erm, well I don't think the OP is any more evil than anyone else. I think we all hopped on that bandwagon. The difference is, I don't want you to die. Me and my kind, take care of you and your kind, and vice-a-versa, every day. But one day, that won't matter. When that day arrives, you won't have that sweet brunette nurse anymore because she'll have been discarded due to her belief in Jesus. There won't be anymore, handsome waiter who always cheered you up, or cute bartender with such wise advice, that also happened to believe in Jesus because his life wasn't worth the space it was taking according to the rhetoric flying around these days. According to the folks that hate christianity, us christians are idiotic, low IQ, hateful space wasters. And one day, the extremists will come out and prove you right, at that point you can say good bye to that friendly mailman who always delivered your mail first, or that librarian who knew your whole family and made sure you didn't have to pay late fines by personally calling you to remind you your book needed to be back at the library.

Honestly. The extent of the damage this unreasonable hatred of christianity and people of faith in general, is going to do, will never be worth the trade off. I can guarantee you that, here and now.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

You're kidding, right? You don't hang around antagonizing people on threads you don't agree with? Yet... well, here you are.

And again I ask you, did you read the article in the initial post? 'Cause it seems in your hurry to demonize atheists (which is freaking hilarious, given the context...) you seem to have forgotten to do so.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Yeah, maybe I replied a bit in haste there.
Apologies.
That happens sometimes when someone else comes in and claims the moral highground and spouting nonsense with absolutely no supportive evidence and showing a total ignorance of previous posts.

To describe the OP as an evil atheist when he quite clearly isn't really bugged me.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by Freeborn]

LOL you apologies and go right ahead AND DO IT AGAIN!

Man you don't know WHAT my morality is and when it comes to that I will tell you right now I don't just have a skeleton in my closet I got a graveyard ,, I never said I was any better than YOU.

In fact I will tell you that you can stand outside right next to me and the sun is gonna shine on BOTH OF US.

If you insist on being this presumptuous at least introduce your self I hate being accused of bigotry by those who took something meant as a general statment purported by the very people I was talking about.

If I mean YOU,, trust me,, I have no problem using your name and being that specific.

- Con

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Nazi Germany was still based on nationalism and not religion. Evil is the work of man and not religion, and I think every Christian would agree with that. I also can say everyone will commit sins throughout there life, and I don't think there is a single Christian that thinks one must be atheists to do evil, but if a person actually lived as their religion would like them to live they would not be doing evil.

I know.

Does not change the religion that the overwhelming majority of Nazis followed, and which they used as a basis for their outlook on race - regardless of wheter posters here agree with that outlook, that's what hte Nazis cited.

I'm not making a statement about Christianity, simply refuting some guy who thinks Nazis were atheists - who used that assumption to paint all atheists as Nazis, which clearly, not a damn one of you have an issue with...

[edit on 12-2-2008 by TheWalkingFox]

The Nazi's and Hitler himself were founded on an Occultist base (Hitler was a follower of Helena Blavatsky.) Hitler was probably demoniacially possessed, but he most certainly wasn't a Christian.

When did you start studying history...this morning?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Again, another example of moral superiority.
Does your arrogance and conceitedness know no bounds.

I am truly grateful that you are not representative of Christians I know, both here on ATS and in "the real world".

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

You're kidding, right? You don't hang around antagonizing people on threads you don't agree with? Yet... well, here you are.

No I am not kidding and yes here I am and no I don't and show me one thread where I started making assertions about atheists in a negative light.

Just one?

Invariably what you will find is me RESPONDING to allegation initiated by Atheists that obviously have issues with Theists.

And again I ask you, did you read the article in the initial post? 'Cause it seems in your hurry to demonize atheists (which is freaking hilarious, given the context...) you seem to have forgotten to do so.

As I said I have seen the video, their story is the same as the article but yes I read it. Did it scare me? No,, does it say anything about Christianity being evil? Nope, not to me it doesn't I try to keep things in perspective that way. It is why you won't see me starting hate threads scaring folks about the evils of Atheism. They seem to make that clear about themselves without my help. Does that mean all of them? What would Atheists care,, they seem to think ALL Theists are bad so,, whats good for the goose.

- Con

[edit on 12-2-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Skies

So you're telling me Hitler was "probably possessed" in hte same phrase you're chiding my knowledge of history? Want to go into a data-off? I'll provide all the documents and speeches and letters and texts and actions from the Nazis from the party's inception to their destruction displaying their embrace of Christianity as a unifying force in Germany that I can find.

You can do the same proving the details of Hitler's demonic possession.

To make things a little more fair, I'll even leave out the simple demographics that there were a hell of a lot of Nazi troops and rank and file and supporters in Germany and Austria, and that the demographics of Germany and Austria was (and still is) vastly Christian - Protestant in the north, Catholic to the south.

READY?!

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Have you seen my threads? None of them have been about demonizing atheists. Perhaps they should be??? But WHY????? I don't want people to die over something as ridiculous as whether or not they agree with me! I LIKE YOU! (that's not yelling, it's emphasis!) WHY would I want you to die, be chopped up, hacked up, shot, poisoned, radio actived, microwaved or any other gruesome or not so gruesome death scenario? Why?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   

My bone of contention is that you come bludgeoning in calling people EVIL obviously without reading the whole thread.

If you had then you would have known that the OP never once stated anything remotely like ALL Christians are evil.

I very much doubt that this was intended to be a Christian bashing thread and I certainly never interpreted it as such.

You then take the moral highground claiming it's all part of some sort of Atheist conspiracy.
That is absolute nonsense.
Read the whole thread man they you'll see where it all started going tits up.

Skeletons in cupboards.
Hell, Ive got more than Fred West could fit in his garden.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Look at the "Estimates" they make when discussing Iraqi civilian deaths. At last I heard it was some 5,000 civilians per month being killed. Do the math. That brings civilian deaths to 300,000 in Iraq alone. Then there's Afghanistan, I don't have those numbers but I'm willing to bet they are comparable. How about insurgent casualties? Anyone take those into account? I'm not inflating anything.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I'd also like to add that the media "pads" the numbers for everyone including dead soldiers. The numbers we get are run through the Pentagon first. And we get their version. I'm willing to bet my numbers are closer to reality than even I would like to think.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Look at the "Estimates" they make when discussing Iraqi civilian deaths. At last I heard it was some 5,000 civilians per month being killed. Do the math. That brings civilian deaths to 300,000 in Iraq alone. Then there's Afghanistan, I don't have those numbers but I'm willing to bet they are comparable. How about insurgent casualties? Anyone take those into account? I'm not inflating anything.

It's horrible. and how did it get that bad? By demonizing religion to the point where all islamics became associated with extremism. Then brainwashing an entire population to believe it. It's scary weird stuff. The future is here friends and it's a butt ugly mess.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Again, another example of moral superiority.
Does your arrogance and conceitedness know no bounds.

I am truly grateful that you are not representative of Christians I know, both here on ATS and in "the real world".

Conceited? please tell me what part of the "Me" you think has an over exaggerated opinion of myself. It seems that when I tell you that is not what I think of you or that I have a moral high ground which again I denied, you insist on believing it as if you know me better then I do.

One can not give another an inferiority complex without their consent.

By the way my Moral superiority is not correct representation of me. It is my moral Authority which is God. That which I know you may mock and ridicule, but regardless of whether you do or not

I will admit, it knows no bounds

Deal with it.

- Con

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I was responding to conspirology. Other than that, I must say, I have no idea what you're going on about.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology
On the contrary smalls, it is YOU who has NOT a degree in Christian Theology, what you have is the same hate motivated discontextualized cut and pastes of the Bible mixed with the same unmittigated arrogance of an atheist. Thanks for the favor sparing us the links.

Nowhere did I mention a degree in theology, and that wouldn't give me expertise anyway. I have taken quite a few Christian theology courses as I am a graduate of a Franciscan university.

I do know what I'm talking about. I've had years of indoctrination that I've now broken.

You know if I make a deal with you that I can show you how silly 99% of them are when put into a more educated context and you promised TO QUIT USING the now corrected interpretations, invariably they continue to believe the hype or basatardized convoluted assumptions.

You know it would be one thing if you followed the Gnostic texts, but its another thing if you take the KJV as fact. It is not. There's some history mixed in with fables and other tales.

Yeah just ask Hitler, he did that. Unlike Paul though,, he didn't heal the sick and teach forgiveness but he WAS persecuted.
Like the Christians Hitler persecuted and the thousands of JW he put in concentration camps.

Paul healed no one. He was not a healer. Yeshua was a healer. Paul was a Roman and a "bad" one at that.

Paul's message was not that of hope, peace, and love UNLIKE Yeshua. Yeshua was a great man, but a prophet (in my opinion, you are entitled to yours) NOT God.

Hitler persecuted more than just Christians and Jews, but that is another story altogether...

Anyways...

The Christian "Right" is a large force in this country, as we have seen with the 2000 and 2004 election with the evangelical vote.

Somehow a war mongering idiot won the Presidential election twice in a row.

I have a question for those who voted for this mad man and call themselves Christians.

In all honesty, what the hell is wrong with your moral compass?

How can a 'religion of peace' be misconstrued so badly and be used in a context for war?

Yeshua's message has fallen on deaf ears I see.

His truth speaks across the generations, yet no book can hold it.

His message is within your heart. You do not need a church or pieces of paper to tell you that.

Open your heart and you are already in the "Kingdom of God."

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Look freethorn,, I am done with you,,all I see is you trying to argue making assertions about me when you don't know a damn thing about me . I have not called you a name or assumed anything of you personally like you are of me. Since you insist on continuing to act like I have done something too even when I say I haven't even met.

Then we have nothing more to talk about and you will be ignored

If you want to call that conceited bigotry then have at.

know that what anyone here thinks of me,, I think is

None of my business.

- Con

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

I was responding to conspirology. Other than that, I must say, I have no idea what you're going on about.

Well do you think christians are a threat to your livelihood? I mean, reasonable christians! There's unreasonable people everywhere.
Do reasonable christians cramp your style? What is it about christianity that just frosts your petunias to the point you don't mind dragging out infamous people like Hitler to attach to the already sky high heap of derogatory comments regarding christianity? It seems anybody can claim a thing but to actually be that thing, don't their actions like kinda have to match that thing? It seems to me that most infamous and deadly leaders in history have claimed christianity, making it seem like a big stinkin' pile of refuse. But when you read the words of Christ, he's like, be kind, love those who hate you, turn the other cheek, give to the needy, if someone asks for help, help them, and so on. Jesus was not even remotely scary. He didn't advocate anyone's death. He didn't even advocate returning a punch or a slap or an angry word. Doesn't it strike you as odd that the worst LEADERS in history have all claimed to follow his teachings? Don't you smell a rat? (and don't tell me it's Jesus)

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I'm a Christian myself, a good one with a full knowledge of my faith, it's origins, it's rich history(including the stuff most people, including The Church doesn't even concede to).

That said, if you want to know why people are worried about the fundamentalist Christian agenda look no further than G.W. Bush's base. The evangelicals have set up brainwashing camps(Rent Jesus Camp. It's scary even for a Christian of my education) around the United States that teach our kids to be as extreme in thought as their Muslim counter part. I'm sorry, but being a man of science as well, I can tell you that you can't fight fire with fire. That old terminology has no foot hold in reality. You have to fight fire with water. Because that IS the Christian way. Atheists, whether you like it or not, do not have as much of a foot hold as you'd like to think. No even in the scientific field. As a matter of fact I came to my faith through science.

Extremism in any light is wrong. Christ did not teach you and I the principles of ignorance, but those of knowledge and compassion which alot of "Christians" fail to display. If you wanna know why Christians are talked badly about, spend a day in their shoes instead of being a spy and you'll get the idea. These people feel that their freedom is being threatened by Christian inflexibility, and if you ask me it is that same inflexibility and lack of understanding that creates stupid debates like this one, and fuels the fires of hatred and bigotry. Rather than infiltration, try integration. Try using faith as a tool for good rather than a political and ideological tool for accusations, and what would seem to be spitefully bigoted rhetoric. The Christian Right IS an evil organization, because they twist the word of the Bible, and they all live in an intellectual dark age similar to that of the first Popes during the Roman Empire, or that of the Inquisition.

Hear them out before you pass judgement. And before you pass judgement, remember that it isn't you job, but that of God.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by projectvxn]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I find it rather wierd. My friend's son is an atheist and he gets almost hostile attacking religion any chance he gets. He has this need to force confrontation that I find odd in why would anyone care about something they do not belief in. I would not get into deep conversation about Santa Claws or the tooth fairy, so why do they care about religion.

You would get into heated arguments over the tooth fairy if the majority of people around you place absolute faith in it and pretty much shun you daily for not believing in that tooth fairy.

Then you see another group, lets say they believe in Santa Claus. They also attack you for not believing as equally as the tooth fairy believers do. Eventually the only peace you get is when they go at each others throats.

If the religious would actually do as they preach and meet differences with understanding... then I wouldn't have these views. But I get crapped on for not believing almost on a daily basis without saying a thing to anyone.

Some atheists can't take it any more, and yes, they get hostile with their words, because thats how they have been met by the religious who have learned of their non-faith in the past.

Me, I bite my tongue in public. On the internet, not so much. But I can say this, I have never met a religious person in the real world who will simply let the subject drop....
at first they try to convert you... if you show signs that wont work, they then turn to calling you names, like sinner... they typically proceed to tell you repeatedly that you are going to hell. They don't do it in a demeaning tone, instead they talk to you as if you are a child.

I don't take the aggressive stance in public... but it certainly is warranted.

I feel sorry for your friends son for having to deal with the oppressive religious for so long that he can't retain his anger any longer.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I'm not making a statement about Christianity, simply refuting some guy who thinks Nazis were atheists - who used that assumption to paint all atheists as Nazis, which clearly, not a damn one of you have an issue with...

I kind of see it as apples and oranges. Germany is a Christian based country. Nazism was an ideology based on nationalism. Many in the German army were religious, but many allowed this nationalism to override their beliefs. When you start down the path of looking at the SS and other secret groups I do not think they followed Christianity or any other religious beliefs, well maybe something based on Paganism or Satanism.

Anyway you look at it I think it is safe to say whatever evils the Nazis did they didn't do them in the name of Christianity, and they didn't do it because they might be atheists.

If someone is stating all atheists are Nazis than that is a rather ignorant statement to make.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join