It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This an alien pet or something?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
www.coasttocoastam.com...

what the heck is that thing?

I first thought it might of been a turtle, but I am unsure about that now, it appears to have scales or something.

any idea?

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
perhaps its a rock - just a guess

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Looks kinda like the fossilized head of a baby "Alien"....don't take DNA from the teeth.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
This little pet rock reminds me of a Galapagos Land Iguana. They are a bunch of cute, colorful creatures.

Or, perhaps a carved trinket for the replica of a 'reptoid' head.

[edit on 2008-2-11 by pikypiky]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Very interesting!

Im going to forward this to my father who works w/in the paleontology world. If my father cant figure it out but think it is "something"....maybe he can forward it to the proper person.

Not sure when my father will get back to me....he is out of town

[edit on 11-2-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Yes...it's a rock with a plant fossil.
That's all it looks like to me.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
It's a sex rock.

just another faking rock lol

still look's cool regardless of the fact it's a sex rock

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Aliens don't have pets.

That's a rock that looks somewhat like a fossilized skull. And even if it was a skull, it's nothing more than a turtle.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Well, this is my father's response....for what it is worth:

I'm not sure what sort'a rock that is but I can say ... it's not a skull. If it's biological, it's probably some type of plant. There is a large Paleo club on the east coast; the "Delaware Valley Paleontological Society" (I think). Someone there might be able to help.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
It looks to me like the result of mineral crystallisation. The 'teeth' seem to be a separate crystalline form which can be seen as lines extending into the bulk of the stone. It's just an interesting mineralogical specimen. Interesting to us that is. I doubt an expert would give it a second glance.

WG3

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Looks like piece of limestone with a vein of calcite crystals running through it. Quite common in some places.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
If you were to turn that stone over, I would bet money that it is a petosky stone. It is Michigan's state stone and quite common to this state.

Here's a link to info on it.

www.dayooper.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
how can you forget your marvel. it's the grumpy yet benevolent THE THING when he was still an egg. or it's THE THING's left EGG.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by beastamerica
or it's THE THING's left EGG.

Hoax definitely. See where his left glove's coming off.

WG3

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It's a Crinoid fossile. Very common.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteWash
Yes...it's a rock with a plant fossil.
That's all it looks like to me.

Really? Thats ALL it looks like to you? Sure, I could see how this could be a plant fossil. But I also see how this could be an ancient fossilized head of some sort.

Do you really lack *that much* imagination?

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
It's a Crinoid fossile. Very common.

If it is so common, then how come google doens't seem to have anything that looks like it?

LOL I just love how these people sluff things off without even the simplest thought of "Wait, before I call this common, lemme see if I can find an example"

I'm sure it's a fossil of some kind, plant or otherwise, but I could not find any Crinoid Fossils that look anything like it.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
the thing deterring me from assuming its a head of some sort is that it has a mouth but no jaw bones or anything.
if it was a skull, it would have a jaw bone or just the top part of the head without the jaw bone so we couldnt see the mouth in its entirety.
clearly this is someone with tooo much imagination imo to think its a head, although it does make resemblances... much like clouds do.
if it a fossil, then i would generally have to go with some type of plant as wel;.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
This is a piece of Petoskey stone, which is fossilized coral. I can't tell you how many pieces of stone like this I have found around Michigan lakes and rivers.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DamnedDirtyApes
This is a piece of Petoskey stone, which is fossilized coral. I can't tell you how many pieces of stone like this I have found around Michigan lakes and rivers.

a petosky stone sir, i believed is smooth, with almost gem/glass-like surface.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join