It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING DISCOVERY!! 1986 Shuttle Challenger Disaster (2 UFOs??)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Not one but two speeding light. Wonder what it is?

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
that shot at 1:10 is what first caught my eye when I viewed the youtube clip...

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sgt. Hightower

Multiple chase planes or birds would however.

You first have to understand perspective. A few small birds say 50 yards from you flying by would appear to move at lightning speeds when compared to an object miles away. Then you need to understand depth of field as these birds would be nothing but blurs due to the camera's focus on the object in the distance.

When these videos of launches are shot the cameras are a long distance away from the actual launch. As I mentioned I attended one. There is a cult of people who view and photograph launches. People come out by the hundreds with some of the most amazing camera gear you have ever seen. There are probably dozens of very high resolution video's of every launch in the hands of civilians. If there were any anomalies worthy of noting they would be all over the Internet.

When I was there I noted the incredible number of birds flying around the area. It is an uninhabited area that is a defacto reserve for birds. Also I don't think they send the chase planes up one at a time and for them to be flying in the same area simultaneously is a given I'm sure.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Please don't misunderstand. I do believe in UFOs and have witnessed a couple myself. I have found no reason to think they are not unknown military craft but at the same time; I have no doubt there could be other less earthly explanations of some. I just get weary of low quality video's being used to support fantastic claims and the lack of knowledge used in regards to even the most basic concepts of photography.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by HitmanOnline

I don't know how that could look more like two jets (chase planes) including the exhaust (contrails). In the original footage their identity was probably clear. That is why nobody ever posts links to clear original quality video's as it would spoil the fun I guess. It does nothing for the advancement of knowledge or this topic. It does help me while away a boring Saturday morning though.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Hey, the shuttle exploded because NASA screwed it up big time.
Plain and simple.

P.S.
I don't see anything in the video, but then again, it must be me.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The dark object looks to me like something on the lens because it appears to move when the camera man moves
However the "parachute", if that is what it is, does seem to be descend, hard to say because the only other reference point is the debris cloud which I'm sure is moving as well
Even the guys on the ground were thinking it was a parachute, someone did mention the orbiter on track...
found this, some of the timing correlates with what you are seeing:

www.mahal.org...

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
is this thread a joke?

i mean seriously...those are video dropouts, plain and simple.
back in the 80s those were quite common due to crappy analogue videorecording.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by h3akalee
Im more intrested in the white parachute at the 4:45 mark.

Not even shure if it is a parachute but if it is what could it possibly be ??

Space shuttle blackbox maybe.

Now this is going to sound a little out there but does anyone else see this parachute as possibly being two orb's ?

Regards
Lee

I thought that was what we were looking for. It seems to stay at relatively the same place in the sky starting at 4:42 I think. I think since the shuttle exploded so close to launch that it would be falling faster if it was a part of the shuttle.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Very interesting thread. As far as the speeding lights in the first video I would have to agree with the opinion that they are video dropout. This happens a lot with old film in all types of settings whether it be inside or outside. I am curious about the white object that seems to slowly descend, were there any reports of a parachute being deployed during this event? Also the second video with the black spherical object is even more interesting to me! In my opinion it is not something on the camera mans lens, very interesting stuff and great find!

[edit on 9-2-2008 by captinofcats]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Ok, I just found another video that explains the parachute coming down...when watching this video at 3:02minutes the parachute appears and is explained as search and rescue teams...

Here is the youtube video link...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 2/9/2008 by wrangell76]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The white object near the end of the video cannot be faked as the camera clearly concentrates on it, and you can hear the camera crew asking about it, as for the 2 streaks it is obvious they are just camera glitches

on the excellent 911 video filmed from another skyscraper you can see at what point on the upper left hand side of the screen what looks extremely similiar to the white object on this clip, the difference is you can see it moving on the 911 video, I cannot find it on the net but perhaps someone could find it and post a link to it?????

[edit on 9-2-2008 by jackcowboy]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by h3akalee
Im more intrested in the white parachute at the 4:45 mark.

Not even shure if it is a parachute but if it is what could it possibly be ??

Space shuttle blackbox maybe.

Now this is going to sound a little out there but does anyone else see this parachute as possibly being two orb's ?

Regards
Lee

Yep, I find that far more interesting, the streaks just look like video static to me, if you watch the closely the 2 objects merge together into one object and it just hangs in the air, you can hear the camera crew talking about it, see my post above

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
What you need to confirm these as not being video artifacts, birds or insects at close focal are other videos or photos from similar or different angles.

If you can get any other videos, do scans for similar object/artifacts it will confirm something, but not specifically anything. Any video displaying either mission time in hundredths of seconds, or similar time code can help pinpoint actual distances and altitudes of observed.

Remember, besides the many high speed cameras, both video and film NASA had for record, media and engineering, there where news cameras and many people with cameras of all kinds. You might find some with serious research, the many other sources to pull from. Yet from these you maybe cannot account for some of the aforementioned explanations.

This video forensic work is very tedious and technical work for non-professionals, but not impossible with good research and time efforts.

These videos are interesting though. the originals would be more worth looking at. Using a YouTube video to do forensic is like using a rubber chicken for soup.

I firmly believe we could be observed for historical events by other beings with time-tech. If I went to another civilization, I might be interested how they averted catastrophe or succumbed. The anthropologist in me would be fascinated.

ZG

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATS-38
I believe that Sgt. Hightower's observation is correct.

Two orbs were present during the STS-51 shuttle launch.

This is not the first orb spotted during a shuttle launch.

youtube.com...

Nice find Sgt.

The above video is fake, when I watched it I knew it was 2 seperate pieces of footage spliced together, I scrolled down to the comments after viewing and lo and behold, someone agreed with me, its fake, its so obvious I have no idea why you would include this link as support

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jackcowboy

Because this is a discussion forum . And he probably figured it was worth talking about . Regardless of what the outcome maybe. There are professionals here that can make those calls better than the average joe.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I still don't understand how people go from microscopic dots in the sky to actual Extraterrestrial beings flying around. What kind of logic is that?

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR
reply to post by jackcowboy

Because this is a discussion forum . And he probably figured it was worth talking about . Regardless of what the outcome maybe. There are professionals here that can make those calls better than the average joe.

I realise this but you don't need to be a professional to know the footage is fake

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
I still don't understand how people go from microscopic dots in the sky to actual Extraterrestrial beings flying around. What kind of logic is that?

One that is based on nothing instead of reality. How many times does it have to be said? Richard Feynman was able to point out the very reason the whole event took place. It was a mistake that could have been prevented. There's no foul play besides lack of engineering quality on NASA's part.

What do you get when you overlook simple but "in your face" flaws in your design? Accidents.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The first video may be explainable, but as I said in my previous post the second video example is more interesting. Does anyone have any explanations for the black dot that seems to slowly move around the sky? is the general consensus that it was added after the footage was shot? or have any other opinions come up that might shed light on that video?

If there are experts viewing this forum I would love to hear their opinion.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join