It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media, News Channels Brainwashing w/ Fabricated Videos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
This is a follow up to my previous post, on a former handle (RIP B-Rad G). Most of the replys to my topic totally missed, so we'll see if we can get the job done this time.

I know only half or much less of ATSers may share my views, as those on the other end of the political spectrum are so set on theirs.... so i suppose this is mostly directed to those who agree with me.

So without further ado, I am ready to submerge into this topic.

The media, specifcally our dear news channels (most specifically CNN and FoxNews obviously), is *attempting* to brainwash the citizens of America through the use of FAKE videos. I say again FAKE videos. These channels are broadcasting fabricated videos as progaganda against specific targets to push the agendas of whoever is really running these stations from behind the scenes (and i know we all have our own theories on that one).
I watched these broadcasts as they aired and recognized right away how obviously and ridiculously garbage they were. These include, but are not limited to, the Iranian gunboat confrontations and the recuitment of al-Qaida kids. I am also of sound mind (btw, I am a 9/11-truther) that those "live" videos shown on September 11th, were absolutely fake as well. The purpose each of these fabricated vids serves is somewhat clear; the purpose of fake 9/11 videos should be clear to truthers and skeptics alike as this is a huge topic on ATS. As for those iranian gunboats, this easily could have caused the Strait of Hormuz event to become a Gulf of Tonkin (sorry for making ATS seem like a broken record) event. As for them AQ youngbloods, the effect of this particular "raw footage" could be to show Americans the next generation of Al Qaida in the making and just how long the struggle against "terror" is going to last.
I mean for god sakes, if the American people (or even half) had rallied behind the Iranian gunboat confrontation, and the later reports that this had occured several times in the previous months, we (as in America) could already be occupying Iran. These follow up reports even recalled an event in which American vessels had fired upon such gunboats (i'm still trying to find a source, but they said such on Special Report w/ Brit Hume a few days after ;;; before the camera panned onto Mista Hume, it was focused on a flat screen w/ a pick of a Navy vessel and the words "SHOTS FIRED" in bold below it :barf
, perhaps making it seem as if "the war" had already started. At any rate, this use of fabricated vids was very effective on the eleventh of one fateful September.

I firmly believe Ron Paul was attempting to speak out against this in a certain Republican debate, the one he actually won (i BELIEVE the SouthCarolina debate). But how is anyone able to prevent these videos from being aired and brainwashing the unknowing majority (often referred to as "sheeple")? Speculatively, eventually the media is going to be used as a weapon (yes, yes i know, it already is), much more than it already is; and i'm talking on a daily basis. It'll be used to achieve any goal deemed necessay by those running the show from behind the curtains (camera.. rather).. at any rate i'm excited to get this topic started so i'll cut this short and in a most cliche manner... Any thoughts?

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Are you surprised? Watch the movie "Wag the Dog".

Fake news stories were common all the way back to the first printed newspaper. Look at the news coverage especially between 1860 up to 1930. Most everything you read was a fabrication created by the News media which was owned and operated by the same people who funded all the political campaigns, who were the politicians themselves, were the non-elected poltical leaders (ie, Cabinet Secretaries etc etc) and the same people who later went on to create the Federal Reserve!!! Government/Press Created Wars include (but are not limited to); The Spanish American War, WW1, The Civil War (yes it was), The Viet-Nam War, The Mexican American War. etc etc. All of these started with collusion between the "Free Press" and those they worked for in government. It's so screwed up you cannot even distinquish the head from the tail. It's just one big gellatinous blob. Leviathan feeds itself.

Back to today: All major news corporations are owned by five parent Corporations. These five parent corporations also own ALL the major defense and military manufacturing companies in the US and these Big FIve also happen to have on their board of directors those who are on the board of the Federal Reserve and and these are in turn on the Board of almost everysingle major financial corporation in the world.

Do you know who the biggest campaign contributors are in US elections?

Defense Contractors
Media Companies
Financial Companies.

Why would the same people that control everything make fake news?

Well, to control everything of course.

Even NPR airs stories that are clearly fabricated to the aware listener.

Free Press is a joke. Not a very funny one either. If yopu want real news watch Jon Stewart's The Daily Show.

Good OP by the way

[edit on 9-2-2008 by Tinhatman]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Tinhatman

Well put Tinhat. If anybody is in doubt about whether these things are true, I suggest looking into the FAKE videos shown on live TV during the attacks of Black Tuesday. A quick start would be to go watch September Clues on youtube, and yes, the quality of video and lineage can be questionable there. However, these videos point out things in the "live " videos aired by ALL of the networks during the attacks, and you can access the original full resolution videos straight from them in their archives, or better yet, you can get one of the DVD's issued by them like "CNN remembers" or PBSs' "Why the towers fell" which show the fake plane footage in all their CGI glory and make it real easy to watch the show frame by incriminating frame.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsHumanNature

I believe in planes. Otherwise..

Respectfully..
Tinhatman

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Actually, ItsHumanNature, September Clues was the series that brought me to the "no planes" conclusion

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Good post NGR.....I always thought that the video from the Straights of Hormuz were doctored. Especially when I heard a weird electronic voice on the frequency the US ship was monitoring....sounded to me like some hacker got access to our military frequency.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by realmatrix]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I can see this being plausible as a lot of news stories are probably fake already, fake video clips would be the hook.

Do you have any smoking gun video indicating studio filming or staged premises?

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Crap. If only people knew, and shamefully it’s actually good that they don’t.

I worked for FOX networks during its “transitional” phase.

Here are “some-things” for you guys to look into.

Ask your selves, how is news made?

What tools are used, how are they used, and how did they evolve?

How did the “live” news coverage evolve from the days of film developing to live streaming?

When people ask questions like “is it possible that we are manipulated by mass media?”, I think of the African elephants that met white people for the first time, and got SHOT.

Imagine the surprise. No longer were they the silly little beings with sticks and arrows, those new guys now have ELEPHANT guns, and they are out for SPORT and PROFIT.

MASS media, think about it. You are the MASS, and they got the ELEPHANT guns aimed right at you, because you’re the SPORT and the PROFIT.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
No better time to revive a dead-thread.

So i was watching Shepard Smith the otherday on the good ol' Fox News Network.. he was reporting on a teenager who was arrested for plotting to bomb his school. Shepard made a reference to the students arsenal as "weapons of mass destruction." Now i realize that his explosives could obviously cause mass destruction, but i thought we (Bush Ad.) were using this phrase to refer to nuclear and biological weapons, esp. in the Middle East.

Is this common to refer to any explosive as a WMD? or just as of late? as in.. an effort to sensitize the public of the threat of WMDs on home turf?

I'm not doubting the... misguided... or perhaps radical... youngman's plan to do what was reported, but is this strong connotative label necessary?

top topics

join