It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamo is a Muslim, Can we really trust him?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Although his religious affiliation doesn't matter to me, but the most ridiculous thing about your original post is that you are claiming him to be Muslim when he is not.

Just because you have a parent who belongs to a certain religious affiliation doesn't automatically make you a member of that affiliation.

So he has lived in and attended schools in Muslim countries. Who cares?

Many people put their hand on their heart during the National Anthem and then turn around and do things that are illegal and unAmerican. It is all symbolic and nothing else.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Barack Obama is NOT a Muslim. He is a practicing Christian and regularly attends services at Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago, Illinois. This is a matter of record for anyone who is willing to check first. His father was a Muslim, that much is true. But that should not be held against him. I do question, however, why he won't put his hand over his heart while saying the pledge of allegiance. We all have a right to question that.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I think we as a nation need to be careful about being prejudice against both democratic candidates because that is not a fair or legal move. I think what people are trying to say about Barak when they say "can we really trust him?" reflects all of the oddities that have happened just in the past few months. I am not being racist I'm just going by the facts that we've seen. The Christian church he has been a member of for the past 20 years was led by Jeramiah Wright. Listen to some of his comments during his sermons. Its surprising that someone in politics (and wanting to advance) would be associated with someone making comments like that for more than a month. The whole patriotic things, him not putting his hand over his heart and not wearing the flag pins. That may seem miniscule but there is a lot to read from that. Now he is careful with what he does and doesn't do, but his first instinct is to not do those. I know politics tell the voters what they want to hear, but with Barak it is very obvious that he is doing everything possible to win votes, I can't blame him because once he's in office he's in office and there's nothing we can do. Of course I agree that you would think he's gone through background check after background check and been under the microscope and we would know every little piece of dirt on him, but you would also have thought we would have had a clue about the attacks on America, Britain and other countries but we didn't. I think Barak has drawn skepticism to himself not because of his race and religion but just by the acts that have occurred over the past few months. I don't even think race is an issue here but I can see where some people along with these acts look at his religion and do not make a good connection which is not fair. But this is just simply from actions that have occurred. Please take this into consideration when you think about who you will be voting for. This election may effect America for the good or for the bad.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
You mean the same government that knew about 9/11 before it happened and did nothing? Or the same one that knew about the bombing of Pearl Harbor before it happend and did nothing, but later started Japanese consentration camps? Or the government that set up the Vietname war? Is that the one you feel would stop a president from coming to power if they were bad for the people? Didnt Bush clearly steal the second term of his election and remain in power....GET REAL!

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar

Are you for real? I dont get involved in this. But this is pure ignorance. Muslim.Christian.jew.buddist.hindu?

AND???

Who Cares?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join