It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why isn't Ron Paul doing better?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dominusluciferi

finally someone who is not blind or a dumba$$. Listen to what this person has to say. You people are living in a Country where freedom is a Sham. Like i said before and will keep saying, Democracy does not exist in the western world. Dictatorship Exists.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominusluciferi
christ, look at the recent primaries where anyone wearing ron paul gear was refused admittance.

I think you are confused. Anyone has the right to vote in Primaries. You cannot be turned away for wearing Ron Paul gear. Site your source.

my bad, i was thinking of the straw poll.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

i care little about ron paul to begin with. or any candidate. any point about ron paul is secondary to the piece, i could have posted something about al gore supporters being manipulated, or nader taking money for detracting democrat votes.

Originally posted by dominusluciferi
hell, i could be arrested just for posting this message on here.

No you couldn't despite your paranoid beliefs.

the broad generalization in this executive order, signed and submitted last july state:

(b) The prohibitions in subsection (a) of this section include, but are not limited to, (i) the making of any contribution or provision of funds, goods, or services by, to, or for the benefit of any person whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to this order, and (ii) the receipt of any contribution or provision of funds, goods, or services from any such person.

full text here

the interpretation of the word "services" in the preceeding executive order can easily be used to describe war protestors and critics of the government. my above post clearly criticizes the entire body of the us government.

if i were paranoid i would have said something like "homeland security is on its way to get me". i did not. i said that, in theory, under patriot provisions, i COULD be arrested and tried as a domestic terrorist as a us citizen, just as anyone who commits any crime on us soil can be.

[edit on 10-2-2008 by dominusluciferi]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by darcon

the most amazing part is the lack of acknowledgement and realization due to the almost artist subtlety of the public manipulation. every party does it when they can.

a wonderful example of smoke and mirror deception using media interest as a distraction was the bombing of yugoslavia on april 20 1999...as the media was reporting on two kids at columbine high school destroying their classmates. the five months after columbine, under an intense media blackout, saw an increase in foreign attacks in several other countries. this was clinton manipulating, someone most see as a harmless old gigolo.

another example are these wonderful executive orders, passed into law at the whim of a single man, with no method of balance. powers exist for the executive branch that would make thomas paine and george washington physically ill.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dominusluciferi

It is just sad too. We live in a set reality. Nothing is as it seems. The top media officials are able to get into the Bildeberg meetings every year hmmmmmmmmmm....... I wonder why?????

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

ron paul has not been doing better because for the most part his main followers are people like us who know things are very wrong in this country and need to change and he is some one who will to actualy make things different but moving on to answer youre question ron paul is not doing better because the media does not want him to win notice if you watsh the news does not realy matter what channel who do they spend so much time talking abouty clinton,obama and mccain they barely evere mention any one else now

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I think it's our own fault. People believe everything they hear is true on TV in general, so if it's on the news they must be telling the truth, right? Let's just forget these are huge corporations with special interests running these channels

It's real easy to forget about someone when no one even mentions his name. His only chance is to run as an independent IMO. It seems our media has already selected our front-runners for the republicans and democrats.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I don't follow this very close, but, my 2 cents is that he's still not an effective "Organic" politician. I attended a supposed RP rally in Phoenix and post the event, it was hyped as a big success by the RP establishment, but the truth is no one was there. I think RP's sincere but his campaign is being mishandled with slogans like "RP Revolution". "Revolution" is misleading and intimidating to most people. They don't make an effort to get the grass roots but telling them clearly and succinctly how RP will benefit them. Being on the newsletter I'm being perpetually asked to shell out money. To me, asking me over and over again to help fund marketing hype to get RP elected is wrong, wrong, wrong! Until a candidate comes along that can effectively draw the people naturally, organically, they don't have a snowballs chance in hell. They have to be a natural draw like the phenomenon of YouTube or MySpace where word of mouth makes them a success without a penny of advertising.

That aside, RP and Kocinich would make a good ticket as RP is obviously going be run independent when he looses the nomination.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
I'm shoving off to canada, new zealand, australia, or any place that will have me. I really don't sit well with American democracy now.

Amen to that.....

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Saying Ron Paul is no good is like dragging JFK's name through the mud. Hes the only one that wishes to pick up where Kennedy left off.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Free america died in 1913 when International Bankers bought her soul by getting politicians to questionably sign in the Federal Reserve. Now they keep us dumb and complacent with cheap loans, cheap calories, and cheap intertainment. Americans intelects' are bankrupt as well as Lady Liberty now is. Our only hope is an intelectual awakening that goes boyond mere partisan policies and shallow squabbles to address our fundemental flaw. This is the only way to revive personal liberty and freedom. Unless we open our eyes to what is truely going on and realize that the invisible hand(central bankers and such:i.e. rothschilds and rockefelers) holds our money, our freedon, and our future then we are going to be subjected to more losses of personal liberties and wake up realizing we have sold ourselves as slaves. Ron Paul is a very bright mind with revolutionary ideas that would truly benefit americans as well as the world but sadly we americans and lazy and stupid because of the powers that be and the powers that be will hold us there with whatever force necessary....

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join