It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 recurring theme

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Hi Guys

I'm new so please go easy on me. I have been lurking here for the past few weeks and have been prompted to post as I keep seeing reference to 2012 in various threads.
About 15 years ago I had a very specific dream which has stuck with me ever since. I told many people at the time and I'm sure they will have written me off as a nut and forgotten it but basically it related to a specific event which would occur in august 2012. Basically an event would cause a reaction leading violent earthquakes and tsunamis originating in the carribean causing the destruction of the majority of civilisation as we know it. At the time I related this to the rise of atlantis, the earthquakes would cause the rise of the large walled flood defences they had created causing the tsunamis and flooding of large land masses in america and europe. Also the earthquakes would cause california to seperate from mainland america.
I would be interested to see if this correlates to other peoples ideas of events that may occur in 2012. The fact that this year keeps being mentioned has really intrigued me.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
What? You're not aware of 2012?

The date defined by the "Mayan Calander". It's also discribed in the Lost Book of Nostradamus. It's also aligning with the prophecy of St. Malachy. That aligns the book of Revelation.

There is in fact some 24 pieces of evidence pointing to the events leading up and surounding 2012.

Are you telling me you're blissfully unaware of all this?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
You'll have to exscuse my ignorance, I've never really been into conspiracies or predictions. I stumbled onto this site a few weeks ago when some mars pictures appeared in the british press and a poster on the times website mentioned this site. As I've been reading threads I keep seeing reference to 2012 and with this dream/vision whatever you would call it I thoguht i would share and see if anyone else had similar ideas or could enlighten my as to why this year seem to be of such importance to so many
Again please excuse my ignorance

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Howdy Howdy

I'm not a big fan of the 2012 theories, but one thing to remember is that you will automatically notice patterns, particularly those that are already on your mind.

It's the same as the supposed 11:11 deal that so many believe in.

Same as seeing all the cars just like yours that you never noticed until you got one.

Just some thoughts....

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
As surprising as it sounds, many people are still not aware of the 2012 reference.
I myself, only found it by chance 3 years ago while searching for NDE information ( I felt like I'd lived under a rock then too) so while it's old news to some, it's good to know more and more people are becoming aware.
Whatever is coming, who knows, but information is at least some power, comfort, interest, whatever.
Sometimes it's just nice to know something.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
A lot of the hoopla has to do with people's nutty fixation on numbers. This time the fixation is on 12.21.12. As if the number has anything remotely to do with anything, being based pretty much on a random starting point, and adjusted over the centuries to make up for slight variations in Earth orbit. I guess they didn't fixate on 11.11.11, or 10.10.10, because that would be too obvious, and everybody knows that "12" is the more magic number.

The only thing anybody has to worry about as 12.21.12 rolls around is crossing paths with the lunatics who are so firmly convinced something has to happen at that time that they will work very hard to make something happen.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by venusd
You'll have to exscuse my ignorance, I've never really been into conspiracies or predictions. I stumbled onto this site a few weeks ago when some mars pictures appeared in the british press and a poster on the times website mentioned this site. As I've been reading threads I keep seeing reference to 2012 and with this dream/vision whatever you would call it I thoguht i would share and see if anyone else had similar ideas or could enlighten my as to why this year seem to be of such importance to so many
Again please excuse my ignorance

Stay away from the "conspiracy" thinking. That's a trap of your mind to confuse what you will see. Everything is right out in the open if you just want to see.

So why don't you give us your full discriptive on your dream. To me it sounds like your talking about the poleshifting. You have nothing to excuse, but be ware you've a lot to learn if you in fact are wanting to go down that road.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Although I'll agree with you that the count is hooplah, I've seen some intresting things come out of counting. However I've seen alot more crap come out of people's minds with the count.

I'm not into math.

However one might define the count as a form of synergy.

I couldn't agree more that 2012 has nothing to do with the counting. It has everything to do with the alignement and the change of the season and age.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The only significance 2012 has ever held for me has been this dream, purely for the reason that august 2012 was so specific and clear. I used to have an exact date but as I mentioned this was 15 years ago and I can no longer remember. Does anyone else know of any specific predictions for this year. Is anything written that is specifically meant to happen or is it an astrological significance(i.e aligning of planets or something)?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

The only significance 2012 has ever held for me has been this dream, purely for the reason that august 2012 was so specific and clear. I used to have an exact date but as I mentioned this was 15 years ago and I can no longer remember. Does anyone else know of any specific predictions for this year. Is anything written that is specifically meant to happen or is it an astrological significance(i.e aligning of planets or something)?

According to me:

There's an alignement that acts as the change of "age" and "season". There's a known alinement of the sun into the "dark riff". of the universe. This is also known as the great snake/dragon eating it's own tail.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Well basically it was an event starting in the carribean, please be aware I don't know how the date came into it i've just always known it was august 2012, it started with a massive earthquake and some sort of structure whcih appeared to be a wall rising from the see to the east of the carribean islands. The force of the earthquake caused the san andreas fault to rupture and that area of the states seperated from the mainland. This along with the rising structure near the carribean caused massive tidal waves which flooded much of europe and coastal america. It was linked to the discovery of an ancient civilisation which at the time i took to be atlantis. After the event modern communications are destryed and onlypockets of civilisation are left. Thats all I can remember, as I say it's been fifteen years but it's always stayed with me and i've never been able to forget that it was august 2012

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
You're not ready to know all this. It's going to sound crazy to you...

Some 125+ thousand years ago, mankind was in devlopment, through evolution, and there were a group of "aliens" over mankind set there to help out the process of evolution. Rather then doing the jobs they were suposed to these beings thought they'd take rulership over mankind and make them slaves. They set themselves up as gods. They are in the origins of all cultures. They had secret knowledges of time and ages and seasons and they put that info out there into mankind that then filter through into many hidden knowledge venues.

2012 is the compleation of the season cycle.
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 7-2-2008 by Incarnated]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Among setting themselves up as king/gods over mankind they manipulated the DNA of mankind to cause such things as 36' Giants that they used to keep control over mankind and build stuctures. I ponder if these beings were not used for such world marvels as the spinx.

www.librarising.com...

And they "the aliens" that set themselves up as king/gods over mankind also are those that "had sex with the daughters of men" to produce a new strain of humanity and that also set up their kingdom.

However in the end it failed for the alien/king/gods. Mankind revolted and the end produce became the sumarians and other ancient cultures.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It's going to take me a little time to look through, watch and digest this information. It doesn't sound that strange, certainley no stranger than having a dream about an event in a particular year and then 15 years later finding out others have predict a similar thing! Especially as I was 12 when I had the dream and my life pretty much revolved around football and nirvana!

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
look venused. whatever you do, live and enjoy your life as if you
expect nothing. don't get caught up in all the hoopla of the NEXT
big occurance that MAY happen. laugh, live and love as you've never
done before. do not start getting paranoid...it ain't worth it. i'm past
50 and i've lived through several of these "end times" things..BAH!!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Especially as I was 12 when I had the dream

The Jews have the age of manhood being around 13. It's because something happens around that date to children. It's the coming of age or whatever one might want to call it. It's a time for changes, choices and awakenings. Unfortunally too many after awakening turn over and go back to sleep.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
You're not ready to know all this. It's going to sound crazy to you...

Some 125+ thousand years ago, mankind was in devlopment, through evolution, and there were a group of "aliens" over mankind set there to help out the process of evolution. Rather then doing the jobs they were suposed to these beings thought they'd take rulership over mankind and make them slaves. They set themselves up as gods. They are in the origins of all cultures. They had secret knowledges of time and ages and seasons and they put that info out there into mankind that then filter through into many hidden knowledge venues.

2012 is the compleation of the season cycle.
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 7-2-2008 by Incarnated]

Sorry what? Yes it sure as HELL sounds crazy, and it is also a massive hypocracy. The "ALIENS" seem to be the main cause of speculation, firstly, what do you have to back that up, I'm not even talking about hard evidence here, I'm talking about some original texts and scriptures, which aren't solid in themselves. Secondly, what the hell? A foreign species that travel to our planet to be recognised as Gods, and then setting up strange species of humans which then manage to control humans, which then REVOLT against the all powerful beings ? ? ? ? I've already lost myself at this point. Almost in every post I maintain the fact I am NOT a skeptic, but you my friend, are either plain delusional or insane.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Well I had a look at the links you provided Incarnated. I have to say it left me far from convinced. I suppose I am held back by the fact that I believe in creationism and that while I believe there probably have been very advanced civilisations in earths past, even more civilised than ours, the aliens angle throws me completely.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by venusd

Did you research the Atlantis myth before you had the dream 15 years ago?

It sounds like you read about the sleeping prophet Edgar Cayce. He said Atlantis will rise again somewhere in the Caribbean. By the way sunken ruins have been found off the coast of western Cuba.
There are many new Agers out there that believe they are reincarnated Atlanteans. I think they believe Atlantis is somewhere near Andros Island, which is the main island of the Bahamas. They have an amazing hotel called Atlantis there because of Edgar Cayce's vision.

Atlantis Hotel Resort

Edgar Cayce Official Web Site

Edgar Cayce Wikipedia article

It's funny how people are dreaming the same thing about the Caribbean and the lost Atlantis.

I love the Aztec glyph that is said to be a crooked mountain by the natives. It even has a mouth to devour its victims. Funny how they draw it as a tidal wave cresting.

www.ancientscripts.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I had heard of Atlantis but never in any great depth. I did study Latin at school but not untill after this dream. I was 12 at the time, thanks for the info about Edgar Cayce. I'd never heard of him and it's fascinating to find someone has predicted something similar.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join