It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens and UFOs Cases/

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Evidence/Recommendations/Questions:

The subject of aliens and UFOs has long been considered out of
the realm of scientific study because of the various stigmas and ridicule associated with it.
It is considered to be a career killer to investigate and publish papers in this field.
And there are no scientific journals one could submit to in order to
have their work peer reviewed. One of the biggest criticisms of UFO study
is that it is based on observation, often, unreliable. 90% of the cases involved
can be explained by natural phenomena as well as conventional technologies.
But there is a margin here, 10 percent of all cases are considered unexplainable
by conventional or natural phenomena.

This article will focus only on the credible observations and detections of
intelligently controlled unknown aerial phenomenon. There are many such cases.
Many involve military personnel and civilian pilots and air traffic controllers.
We will begin with the case of the French Mirage IV pilot on a routine exercise.

M Giraud Mirage IV Pilot. Incident happened on March 7th 1977.

It was a clear evening during the Dijon flyover mission. The aircraft was returning to Luxeuil
at an altitude of 9600 meters when the pilot an co-pilot noticed a bright glowing object
at 3 o’clock( relative positional time code). At the same altitude and approaching extremely
fast on a collision course with the jet, the air traffic controller for the French Air Force
radioed the pilots to see if they had a visual on the rapidly approaching aircraft.

The two pilots originally thought that the craft was a patrol jet coming to check on them
but they soon realized this was not the case. The pilot had to make high G turns in order to
avoid a collision between them and the unknown object. After two close passes by the
object the pilot began to surmise that it may be an actual threat, so he engaged in maneuvers
to help him get on the objects 6 o’ clock(Behind the object). Every time the jet attempted
a rearing maneuver the object would correct to engage the Mirage IV jet at a 6 o’ clock
position at a distance of about 2000 meters, which is kill distance in many dogfights.
The speed of the unknown craft was beyond supersonic, and yet made no noise as it
traversed the skies over France. This incident was filed and studied by the Institute of
Higher Studies for National Defense.

Source: COMETA Report. GEPAN/SEPRA

There are many such cases like this. All of these cases have been studied extensively
by nations other than the USA. But this is not to say that there aren’t credible documented
evidence from the USA. For instance the complete shut down of 16 nuclear weapons during UFO
sightings at two separate facilities.

Captain Robert Salas, Nuclear Launch Officer. Incident happened March 16th 1967

He testifies about a UFO incident on the morning of March 16, 1967 where 16 nuclear missiles simultaneously became non-operational at two different launch facilities immediately after guards saw UFOs hovering above. The guards could not identify these objects even though they were only two dozen feet away. In a briefing on the incident, an officer from the Air Force Office of Special Investigations required him to sign a non-disclosure agreement and stated that he was not to talk about the event to anyone including his family. This incident has since been declassified and can be obtained
through FOIA requests.

Source: FOIA Request. SAC/Air Force Office of Special Investigations/
The Disclosure Project

These are only two of hundreds of incidents that come from equally credible
sources. And can be confirmed through FOIA requests and through multiple
witnesses.

Now let’s talk about disclosure. And why it isn’t happening in the USA.
We all know of the Roswell incident back in 1947. When a UFO crashed
on the property of a rancher. This event was witnessed by nearly everyone in
the town. The US Air Force had arrived on the scene shortly after the crash
and told the local news organization that an alien space craft had crashed
at Roswell. Shortly after their story had changed to a weather balloon crash.
Project Bluebook changed the story once again to accommodate for the
bodies that people had seen at the crash site. Saying that they were test
dummies from a separate covert mission to see how high a man can parachute
without dying. The only problem with this story is that Project High Jump
happened several years after the Roswell incident took place.
Smells like cover up right?

Now we have an incident in Stevensville, TX,
which took place January 15, 2008. Several witnesses, including a local constable
and a private pilot and business owner, saw an object in the air which was said
to be a mile wide with 2 f-16s chasing it. The object made no noise at all, and out ran
the fighter jets. The Air Force had said that they had no aircraft in the air at that time.
14 days later the Air Force claimed that they had 10 F-16s in the air at that time
and that it was a training exercise. The excuse for not coming forward with this
information was a miscommunication within the various Air Force communications
departments. What this deviant would like to know is, how does the Air Force
not know where 10 F- 16s on a 10 hour training exercise are? And why did
they wait 14 days to release this information? Secondly, if people in Stevensville
accurately identified the fighter jets, then would it not stand to reason that they also
accurately identified and unknown craft?

It should be noted that I am not a conspiracy theorist. And the data I have gathered
was collected and analyzed by respected organizations in the scientific field, as well
as news reports and FOIA requests made by this author and by many others.
The information in this article is derived from government documents of several
nations around the world.

Continued in next post>>>

[edit on 7-2-2008 by projectvxn]

[edit on 7-2-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Continued from previous post:

The case for disclosure is made on the basis that there is no National Security
threat posed by UFOs. If one considers the technology involved, one would
have to assume that any aggression would have already happened. Often, people
wonder why UFOs have been appearing increasingly since the late 1940s.
Well one must consider what happened in the 1940s to get the attention of
an intelligence in another star system. And that is Nukes. It’s a case of
“Oh no, the kids found the matches!” Not to mention the advancements over
time that would suggest to an alien species that we are a worthwhile case study.

One example of why we would be interesting to a highly advanced race is
the Drake Equation. Which is as follows:

N* represents the number of stars in the Milky Way Galaxy
Question: How many stars are in the Milky Way Galaxy?
Answer: Current estimates are 100 billion.
fp is the fraction of stars that have planets around them
Question: What percentage of stars have planetary systems?
Answer: Current estimates range from 20% to 50%.
ne is the number of planets per star that are capable of sustaining life
Question: For each star that does have a planetary system, how many planets are capable of sustaining life?
Answer: Current estimates range from 1 to 5.
fl is the fraction of planets in ne where life evolves
Question: On what percentage of the planets that are capable of sustaining life does life actually evolve?
Answer: Current estimates range from 100% (where life can evolve it will) down to close to 0%.
fi is the fraction of fl where intelligent life evolves
Question: On the planets where life does evolve, what percentage evolves intelligent life?
Answer: Estimates range from 100% (intelligence is such a survival advantage that it will certainly evolve) down to near 0%.
fc is the fraction of fi that communicate
Question: What percentage of intelligent races have the means and the desire to communicate?
Answer: 10% to 20%
fL is fraction of the planet's life during which the communicating civilizations live
Question: For each civilization that does communicate, for what fraction of the planet's life does the civilization survive?
Answer: This is the toughest of the questions. If we take Earth as an example, the expected lifetime of our Sun and the Earth is roughly 10 billion years. So far we've been communicating with radio waves for less than 100 years. How long will our civilization survive? Will we destroy ourselves in a few years like some predict or will we overcome our problems and survive for millennia? If we were destroyed tomorrow the answer to this question would be 1/100,000,000th. If we survive for 10,000 years the answer will be 1/1,000,000th.
When all of these variables are multiplied together when come up with:
N, the number of communicating civilizations in the galaxy.
(Source adapted from SETI Institute)

I bet they’re pretty interested to see if we make it passed the self destruction
phase of our existence. And so am I.

This article was written to advance the field of alien and UFO study
and interest. I also felt it a duty to make those unaware of the facts, very aware.
These words are meant to also convey my concern on the matter of ET disclosure
by the US Government. There are many efforts being undertaken by organizations
such as the Disclosure Project to bring about Congressional Hearings and full
disclosure on the matter. The head of the Disclosure Project is Dr. Steven Greer M.D.
who personally briefed several members of congress as well as President Clinton
on the subject. The Disclosure Project has amassed a who’s who list of very credible
witnesses who are all willing to testify under oath in open congressional hearings.
The witness list includes former FAA department heads, military personnel with
high security clearances, commercial airline pilots, and former CIA contractors.
It is my hope that they meet their goals. As it stands right now, nothing is happening
but that doesn’t mean that nothing will.

I must say that I do support Government Disclosure not because I feel like humanity is entitled to it(Even though the knowledge of life beyond our world is our right), but because eventually, something is going to happen that the U.S. Government, or any other government, won't be able to keep a lid on. And this is going to be a trying and testing time for the stability of governments throughout the world. It is better, in my opinion, to risk a day or two's panic over aliens, than risk a fundamental breakdown of authority around the world, and the potential harm that can do. I speak of course of National Security, and the social stability of the U.S. should a Situation X event happen where alien life forms are involved.

It is my opinion that people of the U.S. and that of Earth should be educated at all levels involving the potential for first contact. And disclosure would be a fine tool for the job. I propose education to start with the Media, Academia and Basic Education, Local and Federal Law Enforcement, Government at local and national levels should be informed most thoroughly to ensure that our elected representatives can effectively deal with any alien race in a diplomatic fashion. Educating people on this subject sooner rather than later may be prudent. We must remove the social and scientific stigma from the equation if we are to understand our place in the universe. It is easy to stigmatize and trivialize this subject because it falls outside of the comfort zone for most people. There are implications here that MUST be addressed. And even though First Contact might not happen any time soon, it would be better for us to analyze ourselves in respect to how we view ourselves as a species before that time comes.

Religion must come to terms with the potential fact that we are not alone. And that aliens may have their own system of spiritual beliefs. This, by no means diminishes the value of religion, but it certainly does widen the field for bigotry, and we must avoid this at all costs. There are many profound questions that must be answered before we allow something like this to catch us by surprise. Educating ourselves may be the only way to avoid a potential conflict in which we would lack the means to prosecute against a space fairing race. Because of these conditions, because of our history, we might find it prudent to meet Aliens as diplomats, and not as scared children.

Your thoughts?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

The prevailing thought here is this:

I want to know what you think should be the most important issues addressed in this subject. We're talking cultural transformation this Earth has not seen since the dawn of civilization. So with that in mind, consider, before you reply, all of the possible implications and their profound nature.

[edit on 7-2-2008 by projectvxn]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
What no takers? Come on people this is a serious post!

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
...We all know of the Roswell incident back in 1947. When a UFO crashed
the town....

Well, do we?

If it wasn't for Friedman ever meeting Jesse Marcel in 1978, do you honestly think anyone would of known this story?
If everyone witnessed it, we would of heard something, we didn't for over thirty years!!

Also, wasn't the number of actual debris witness total up to..five?

I prefer the Robert Salas incident much more; at least he's still alive to tell his tale (was on Larry couple of weeks ago), and it's a bit more recent.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by senshido

...We all know of the Roswell incident back in 1947. When a UFO crashed
the town....

Well, do we?

If it wasn't for Friedman ever meeting Jesse Marcel in 1978, do you honestly think anyone would of known this story?
If everyone witnessed it, we would of heard something, we didn't for over thirty years!!

Also, wasn't the number of actual debris witness total up to..five?

I prefer the Robert Salas incident much more; at least he's still alive to tell his tale (was on Larry couple of weeks ago), and it's a bit more recent.

You have to consider that this was 1947. And people actually trusted the government back then to be truthful and honest to it's people. We know now that this isn't the case. Stanton discovered a SURVIVING witness to the crash. A lot of other people who were there were already older and have long since died off.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I will also add that the materials posted here can be acquired by anyone to read and dissect. I'm available at anytime to point people in the right direction to obtain the information for themselves.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Hey new here!

I always wondered how religion would deal with such things.
This is a question I posed to a friend not too long ago, and his response
was astonishingly eerie. He said that he asked his baptist preacher what he thought of aliens, and he said that they were a tool of the devil to guide man away from god. And that if and when aliens show up it would be the end of faith among the otherwise faithful. This view really bothered me, because as you said, aliens don't have to mean the end to religion, but it can and does open the doors to bigotry that I would argue is at a scale that cannot currently be fathomed. It scares me to think that these intolerant people are guiding our spiritual journeys with this bogus crap.

You think education is going to help stop this from happening?
Why do you suppose the government is keeping a lid on this?

It seems to me, that after reading this post(which is actually the reason I joined the community), that you are pretty well educated in such matters. How does one go about actually convincing the public that such matters are within our best interests? There are alot of skeptics out there, and downright de-bunkers who will fight something like this tooth and nail screaming for proof that there is life in the universe. How does one fight the disinformation, and the skeptics who would call this a total waste of time?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
BY simply adding disclosure to the mix it does not constitute a quantum leap in human evolution and a complete and total restructuring of our global social structure.

There are forces at work here unimagined by most. It goes so much deeper than just identifying the craft which compromise our skies at all times.

You seem to have the mental aspect well thought out, however it goes far beyond the minds capacity to comprehend for most.

We are the Barbarians, and we still do not live true to our original being.

It is still not time no matter how aware we begin to become, and involve ourselves with Exopolitics, it is more prudent to keep a keen eye on the Back Engineered Technology being prepared as we read and write.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
BY simply adding disclosure to the mix it does not constitute a quantum leap in human evolution and a complete and total restructuring of our global social structure.

There are forces at work here unimagined by most. It goes so much deeper than just identifying the craft which compromise our skies at all times.

You seem to have the mental aspect well thought out, however it goes far beyond the minds capacity to comprehend for most.

It is still not time no matter how aware we begin to become, and involve ourselves with Exopolitics, it is more prudent to keep a keen eye on the Back Engineered Technology being prepared as we read and write.

Oh I disagree. As you would imagine. The idea that we are somehow inherently dumb creatures is just a gross misrepresentation of humanity. Now I didn't say that alien and UFO disclosure would somehow bring about world peace over night. But alot of issues could be remedied. Especially with the technology made available to humanity as a result.

I believe it goes beyond just academic study. There are religious/spiritual implications which one must addressed. This is a process that may take a few generations. And It may be that we have that amount of time to prepare ourselves as a species for such an event. And you know, even if they never come we will have done ourselves a service by getting to really understand ourselves. And I think that has more value than any back-engineered technology.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Someone67

Hey new here!

I always wondered how religion would deal with such things.
This is a question I posed to a friend not too long ago, and his response
was astonishingly eerie. He said that he asked his baptist preacher what he thought of aliens, and he said that they were a tool of the devil to guide man away from god. And that if and when aliens show up it would be the end of faith among the otherwise faithful. This view really bothered me, because as you said, aliens don't have to mean the end to religion, but it can and does open the doors to bigotry that I would argue is at a scale that cannot currently be fathomed. It scares me to think that these intolerant people are guiding our spiritual journeys with this bogus crap.

You think education is going to help stop this from happening?
Why do you suppose the government is keeping a lid on this?

It seems to me, that after reading this post(which is actually the reason I joined the community), that you are pretty well educated in such matters. How does one go about actually convincing the public that such matters are within our best interests? There are alot of skeptics out there, and downright de-bunkers who will fight something like this tooth and nail screaming for proof that there is life in the universe. How does one fight the disinformation, and the skeptics who would call this a total waste of time?

Any skeptic that would consider the endeavor a waste of time is really missing the biggest point in history. It isn't about the aliens themselves it is about us, and about how we deal with thing and about how we see ourselves in relation to other life in the universe.

The public doesn't need to be convinced most people already believe we are not alone...So it isn't a question of convincing anyone. The public needs to be motivated. People have to want to be educated in this field, and people have to be made to understand why it is so important, and why they should even care.

Government is keeping a lid on it because they would lose the ability to use ideology to control the masses in a profitable way. I'm sure a new status quo would be introduced fairly quickly, but a new order of profitability would have to be placed. With things like near-limitless energy systems industry would become a wholly different animal.

Ahh the classic "Aliens are Satan's tool" argument. That's why things have to be worked out. The fact is, religious institution will just have to accept the fact that there is life in the universe and that they may have their own beliefs. Fact is we have several different religions on Earth, and the idea that aliens are any more or less legitimate in spiritual endeavors is just childish and primitive thought that, for all intents and purposes, should have been wiped out long ago after humanity has systematically cause irreparable damage to itself over ideology. It would be prudent to work out our fears about other religions on Earth before we can establish a certain harmony of spiritual beliefs between races of other worlds.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Is this a crusade to make religion accept aliens?
You seem as though you're focusing on religion and spirituality
quite a bit.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Someone67

Is this a crusade to make religion accept aliens?
You seem as though you're focusing on religion and spirituality
quite a bit.

Actually yes. I focus on spirituality/religion because it has the most potential to cause harm, not only to aliens but to people. People are killing each other right now over religion. So you have a few options here. 1. You could ban religion but that would start a war.

2. You can help the church to reveal the secrets they keep. Because most of those secrets do, in fact, have to do with ET. I'd say that despite what the US government knows about aliens, the Vatican knows more. And they have a history of it that goes back thousands of years.

3. You can and probably should help religious organizations that are not in the know, get in the know. I'm sure no body wants to be told that aliens created their religion...But they have to be told eventually.

These are just general recommendations. Negotiation of how the information is released should take place. Remember that most people are in the dark about their own religion let alone it's alien influence. This information has to be eased in, and should probably be the last thing to be release after everyone gets used to the idea that they are part of a much bigger community.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

...The idea that we are somehow inherently dumb creatures is just a gross misrepresentation of humanity. Now I didn't say that alien and UFO disclosure would somehow bring about world peace over night. But alot of issues could be remedied. Especially with the technology made available to humanity as a result.

Concurred, the people ultimately are not mindless sheep as the corporate machine seems to believe; yet, can we strongly deny that the collective mindset has been dumbed down over the decades of free society? Nevertheless, a bit of cold, hard truth would go a very long way toward the betterment of the world, I believe.

That said, there is still the issue of the governmental machine which allegedly began the ET cover-up, in the first place. Yes, the truth revealed could likely result in all sorts of benefits to human-kind, medical cures, free energy, clean environment, the works. Those in charge don't seem to want those benefits to be even be discussed too much, which doesn't give me a lot of hope that an extraterrestrial secret "they" started will be revealed by them.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptionToChoose

...The idea that we are somehow inherently dumb creatures is just a gross misrepresentation of humanity. Now I didn't say that alien and UFO disclosure would somehow bring about world peace over night. But alot of issues could be remedied. Especially with the technology made available to humanity as a result.

Concurred, the people ultimately are not mindless sheep as the corporate machine seems to believe; yet, can we strongly deny that the collective mindset has been dumbed down over the decades of free society? Nevertheless, a bit of cold, hard truth would go a very long way toward the betterment of the world, I believe.

That said, there is still the issue of the governmental machine which allegedly began the ET cover-up, in the first place. Yes, the truth revealed could likely result in all sorts of benefits to human-kind, medical cures, free energy, clean environment, the works. Those in charge don't seem to want those benefits to be even be discussed too much, which doesn't give me a lot of hope that an extraterrestrial secret "they" started will be revealed by them.

Even they have to know that they can't keep it quiet forever. The fact is, just cause they started it, doesn't mean something won't happen that will finish it for them. I think it would be alot more face saving if they came clean on it and decided to spin it in a way that says to the world that they thought there could be a danger and hence all the decades of secrecy. Which I wouldn't mind, they can spin it anyway they want to make themselves look good. The point is we need the truth, because we're not kids anymore and we know better. And we can take it.

[edit on 9-2-2008 by projectvxn]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Even they have to know that they can't keep it quiet forever.

One way or the other, the lid is indeed about to pop off of this container of quiet well-kept. I must admit I hadn't given deep thought to what if the Gov actually admitted to a cover-up, in the event one exists, a move which seemingly would begin to restore confidence in Leadership to the American people (and likely the Global community), coming clean with such an astonishing statement.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptionToChoose

Even they have to know that they can't keep it quiet forever.

One way or the other, the lid is indeed about to pop off of this container of quiet well-kept. I must admit I hadn't given deep thought to what if the Gov actually admitted to a cover-up, in the event one exists, a move which seemingly would begin to restore confidence in Leadership to the American people (and likely the Global community), coming clean with such an astonishing statement.

People also think that disclosure is something that works against their agenda, when really it would just reinforce trust in the government and people would be proud to have an open American government. You see, I'm not working for disclosure because I want to see the US embarrassed. I'm working for it because I think they can do it and still save face. And if they give it a few more years and then start releasing information, then they'd be doing themselves a favor.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Don't you think that with such a depth of secrecy that abuses are likely to take place? How would the U.S. save face in light of that? Dealing with aliens is a whole different ball game, and our Geneva Conventions, and World Courts and U.N. Charters might not mean a bloody thing under these conditions. I believe that part of the secrecy is the fact that several human rights abuses(Which an alien race should also benefit from in terms of human rights) have been committed, if this is the case then I see no reconciliation. Only prosecution. What do you think?

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Why exactly is it more prudent to focus on the tech itself? Why not make the effort to bring about enough change to be able to call ourselves humans and not barbarians, as you say? Why must we use such self-deprecating language? I'm not a barbarian. I'm not a monkey, I'm not a savage. And neither are you. Don't sell the human race short because we have a few bad apples. By and Large people on Earth are honest, intelligent, and good people. The minority at the very top are the barbarians.Try as they might, they cannot interchange wealth with civility, you can only temper one with the other. But the two concepts aren't mutually complimentary.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by Someone67]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Any abuses that are documented will be prosecuted within reason. Just because they open up doesn't mean they're not accountable for their actions. And yes, things like the Geneva Convention, and other human rights treaties, should be extended to alien visitors. Throwing out the rules we believe in because of a certain circumstance is not what one would call the Rule of Law. If one goes below his standards then he never really did have standards in the first place. And meeting an alien race does not change the relevancy of that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join