It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RUSSIAN boffins could be one step closer to creating a time machine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   

RUSSIAN boffins could be one step closer to creating a time machine

www.thesun.co.uk

Two scientists claim the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) - a giant atom-smashing machine - could open the door to unexpected visitors from the future.

The machine, due to come on stream this year, has been constructed at CERN, the European particle physics centre near Geneva.

And the scientists' calculations show it is possible the machine will tear a hole in the fabric of space and time, creating a gateway to tomorrow.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
in.news.yahoo.com
www.topnews.in

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
CERN is really starting to worry me now.
From what I can make of it NOONE knows what will really happen when this comes online -
Should it even be allowed ?

www.thesun.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
meh... i say let it go ahead... if it brings the end to the human race then so be it... we are all bound to extinction sometime

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
What the hell!! Fire away!! I just want to see the video of the Stormtroopers as they pop out and start firing away at the scientists. [/sarcasm]

Seriously though, this will be a good study for the scientists on what can and cannot be accomplished on the smallest scales. It could lead to wormhole technology, which would aid space exploration by leaps and bounds.

I'm anxious, and slightly worried of this. I wanna see this thing go off so bad though!! Been waiting for this thing since I heard it was going up.

TheBorg

[Edited for clarity.]

[edit on 7-2-2008 by TheBorg]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Does anyone else enjoying living in a science fiction reality.

Plasma guns Rail guns time machines super computers.

The only thing we are missing is flying cars.

freaky stuff DNA hybrids and now dino DNA making a t rex show.

We arent far from being gods.Where are the flying cars its the only things we are missing in the future.

this is truly scary stuff.

What particle are they using that travels faster then light.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWOmaskedman
Does anyone else enjoying living in a science fiction reality.

Plasma guns Rail guns time machines super computers.

The only thing we are missing is flying cars.

freaky stuff DNA hybrids and now dino DNA making a t rex show.

We arent far from being gods.Where are the flying cars its the only things we are missing in the future.

Yeah interesting times, oh by the way we are VERY far from being gods lol. I mean look around you.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I personally can't wait for this scenario Not to happend. this will be more water on the mill to alternative theories, that aposes standard science big bangers.

How can they calculate their way to "tear a hole in space/time fabric", when they have no idea what it is made of?

Gateway to tomorrow...indeed by opening more doors to alternatives, by once again fail, to predict the outcome of scientific experiments and observations.

I just can't wait!

sty

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I would say " let us wait " until we are able to live in space , then we can give it a try with the crazy experiements on Earth .. just in case!

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Wow the weird thing is that someone who claims to have worked at Area 51 has said exactly that a few days ago on this forum.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
this is so last year, I actually read this article last year using my time machine!

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Isn't this the same story just reposted by another person?

LINK

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by broli

With all due respect to the ex Area 51 employee guy this has been public knowledge for at least 4 years now. On the one hand it excites me and on the other it scares me, I dont think this will spell the end of the world just yet but I don't like the fact that were messing around with black holes like kids in a science class.

[ edited- years not days
]

[edit on 7-2-2008 by bramski]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
They've been flying long range bomber runs and selling nuclear power to 'shady' countries, so they've obviously already travelled back in time to when the Soviet Union existed.

'In Soviet Russia, time travels you!' Sorry.. had to do it..

new topics

top topics

join