It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK UFO secrets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I wanted to start a thread about the ufo sightings in Britain plus talks of ufo bases etc that supposedly exist.
America is the hot spot for ufo information but even Britain has its share.

I was quite frustrated, when i first started reading about ufos, that it all seemed to be coming from the states, while interesting i was interested to know how much the British establishment knew.

After a few years of searching the internet i have read about ufos in britain and some of it is very interesting and worth a good read.

If you have any information about ufos in Britain or have personal stories to tell then please share.
This will hopefully make it easier for people new to the subject and should save them days of searching.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I think if you are interested in British UFOs then you should read into the Rendlesham forest incident, in what is called the british roswell.

While it occured at an american base it happened in Leicestershire.

This is a brief account of what happened, you should look into it more for the details.
It happened in december 1980 and was witnessed over more than one night. Lights were seen in the forest next to the base and personnel were sent out to see what it was.
They claimed to of seen a craft in the woods and one person who was writing down what he saw claimed to of touched the craft.
He said it had strange writing on it, was hovering off the ground and overall wasnt to big.
It appeared again and more people were sent out the investigate. This time one of them recorded the event on a voice recorder so as to better document what was going on.
This time the craft moved through the woods and also flew in the sky. At one point on the tape he says that it shot down a laser towards them.
It was explained away as the lighthouse a few miles away playing tricks through the trees.
This is a very quick story to the events.
If you have anything to add please do.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Rudloe manor is apart of British UFO history.
This is claimed to be the place where ufo sightings were recorded and also if you were to ring the military, years ago, with a ufo sighting this is the place you would be put through to.
It is a secretive place with underground parts to it. All over this area is claimed to be underground bases which are no longer used. I,m sure i read about a train line going into a tunnel that led underground.
While nothing has been proven it makes for a good read if you are looking for a British area 51.
The is a good story of a man and his friend who drove to rudloe manor and the surrounding areas and at one point were followed about on public land.

Sorry if its all to brief but this is more to guide you in the right direction and for you to read about it and draw your own conclusions.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I have been forwarded some very interesting images from Sussex, Eng. UK. The files are too many to post here - so I will offer you a link - and I beleive that there are more than 100 examples available. The best part is - this story is current and on-going.

UFOs over Sussex, England - current

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnbro

Thank you for the link. Some interesting pictures.
The triangle craft is most interesting. I happened to of seen a silent triangle craft before and am very intrigued to find out what it was.
I hadnt seen these pics before which is the reason i started this thread.
Thank you again.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
No problem, Neo. It is my pleasure to contribute to your post. I truely believe that, currently - Great Brittany is one of; if not THE UFO hotspot.

Will be checking back on your most interesting ideas -

jb

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnbro

I hope to update further in the next few days. i just need to go through all the stories i have collected to find out whats relevant to Britain, and go into a bit more detail.
Just wanted to get the ball rolling so people could perhaps find info they had forget about but want to post

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Just a quick one. Can anyone remember if the story of someone coming across a metal door in the ground, in a field in leicester was in the dulce book?
Supposedly, if i remember correctly, a man went through the door and went along a passageway heading down and came across some reptilians, i think, but was swiftly sent packing.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
After reading the paper most days for the last 4 years there seem to be more articles related to UFOs, and these are getting more serious aswell.

Today in the paper it said last year, 2007, had the most REPORTED sightings of UFOs in britain, i think it was around 150. This might not seem like alot but how many people actually take the time to report a UFO sighting.
It had some interesting pictures along with the article, it was a page big, and spoke about triangle crafts as well as the mile long UFO spotted near Guernsey.
It stated that they were planning on releasing 10000 ufo sightings that have been reported in the uk since the 50's.
Nick pope said that there were some interesting stories to be released but nothing thats conclusive. If wasnt a known craft or debris etc it is just unknown, not alien.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Nice post neo, will look into the Rendlesham forest incident looks like an interesting bit of reading.

news.bbc.co.uk...

On the topic of this i have been sifting through the many area 51 employee threads on here and wondered whether we have a sister area 51 site here in the uk?
Its good that finally people are realising that the Uk has had its fair share of UFO sightings. I have seen mnay lights in the sky over the last few years, some explainable and some not. Back to the question whether anyone knows of a sister area 51 here in the uk?
I remeber going on Holiday when i was younger to the pennines. My mum being the best navigator managed to get us lost.I remember this as thinking we were on the moors as the scenery reminded me of this. We had pulled over next to a small wooden cattle gate to look at map properly. Upon driving for a little longer we came across a modern looking building with fences barbed wire etc. Travelling with the building on the right we were pulled over by the police with building still in view. The police were in a black 4x4 and were obviously not police but security. What shocked me now is that my parents were asked to step out and were searched along with the car. One oldish man proceeded to radio through we were lost tourists travelling through. 1) we were lost but who told you!!!!!!
2) The man was not english but European, im thinking italian.
3) We werent tourists in that sense!!
This man seemed to answer everything for us and was very rude and obnoxious. I was just wondering whether anyone has heard of any such facilities like this in the country and have you had any experiences. Hey for all i know it could be a mining place and they were blasting and the guards saved our life ha ha. I have had a look myself but could not find anything. Hope someone can shed some light onto this.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Winchester84

Thanks for your input on this thread its nice to hear new stories that have happened to people in the uk.
With regards to the british area 51 i would have to say it is probably in scotland somewhere as there are only 5 million people that live there in a relatively big place.
Most of scotland is hills which make for excellent natural fences, if you can call them that.
There is an interesting article on this website www.ufocasebook.com...
which talks about a base in scotland which may of housed the aurora at some point.(You have to scroll down abit where it talks about Machrihanish airbase)
Also one of the bases in scotland is an emergency landing strip for the shuttle as it has a very long runway. Whether it is the same base i dont know( cant get google to search at the moment, browser messing up)

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Yer i was thinking Scotland as it is so vast, anything could be hidden there.
There was talk that the Roswell incident and tha Nato base in Argyll were linked, apparently the evidence was taken to Argyll. Heres a nice little read about the place

www.geocities.com...

What puzzles me is that Nevada has unprecidented attention with people claiming to be ex-employess know people on the inside etc, when has anyone from this side of the pond come out and stated MOD secrets? Poses the question,maybe we have nothing over here? Maybe it is just the US that have at their disposal alien technology, if they do at all?
Anyone with more information about this please post away.....

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Winchester84

Thanks for the link. The website also had rudloe manor on there, including the story of people who went there to see what its all about.

With regards to why there are no whistleblowers to secrets in Britain i dont know. I have asked people this and no one seems to have an answer other than the americans leak secrets like a sieve.
Maybe those in the know are threatened with more than the secrets act.
Or maybe it is because we really dont know about it but this wouldnt explain why there are no other leaks regarding things other than UFOs.

We know that the uk have a stealth project called HALO but no pictures and specifications. Considering we would of started work on this from at least the time the americans admitted to having stealth we have yet to hear hardly any information about this.

As Winchester84 said, anyone that can explain the lack of information regarding secrets in the UK please post.
Maybe we do know but just not looking in the right place to read about it.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
In an early post i stated how Rudloe manor would take calls related to UFOs.
It seems now that all sightings are collected by Secretariat (Air Staff) 2a.
This is a little department of the MoD.
The British have always been very secretive of information collected regarding UFOs flying in british airspace.
I dont think we try and come up with laughable excuses like some but merely dont talk about it.
Anyway you can read more at this link observer.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Interesting find there Neo. Through a bit of research it looks possible that Scotland has a modest amount of UFO attention. As said before, the vastness of the place is ideal, inaccessible to many unless trained in survival as Bear Grylls sure found out!! Noy many holidays inns up there mate!!!

I think theres a sense of traditional and old fashioned ways here. I think the people working there respect their position and do not abuse it realising that mass panic etc can be far worse, imagine people finding out were not so clever after all and there are far more intelligent creatures out there, sheer panic!!! Perhaps the MoD has far stricter security than the USA, staff know not to whistleblow due to the "consequences"??? I dont know, im just presuming. There just does not seem much UFO documentation here, in the sense of facilities like A51 etc, would be interesting if somebody could find any information on such facilities here. A gold star to the first person who can shed some light onto this subject

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I have to agree that i think we are far stricker than the USA.
I would say that there is no messing about. You blab and you will most likely be had for Treason, which is the only sentence that carries the death penalty.
Although it has to be said that if you were caught trying to gain physical access to secrets they would most likely shoot on site.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Yer i agree that people fear the consequences here and any attempt to gain and hard evidence then you best be careful. IM sure there are secrets out there, people do know but are just keeping quiet. Why is there soooooo many more rumours or conspiracy theories in the US compared to here.

Is that Governmental failings? General public thriving for the truth and maybe accidental stumble upon it? People in Uk oblivious to such matters as secret Government experiments, UFO's etc?

I know i have seen things in the sky here, i dont claim them to be aliens, but i do see them as UFOs, whether they be native to our planet (secret aircraft test) or extraterrestial.

Is there nobody who has any information regarding these such matters?

Keep up the good research neo

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
UK to release files purtaining to reported UFOs starting in the spring 2008.

www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2007/12/23/nufo23.xml

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Hopefully these documents will provided us with some more case files to study. However we all know the juicy bits will be left out but it just show us how serious the UK gov has taken the subject of UFOs, obviously they didnt always think it was the U-2, steatlh or Aurora!!!!

[edit on 14/2/2008 by neo2012]

[edit on 14/2/2008 by neo2012]

top topics

join