It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forbidden Egyptology

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
besides if its forbidden the only way you will find out about it is if you force the master or place the master in a situation in which his only way out is through revelation; as well as taking all the people whom possess this forbidden "egyptology" and relegating them as lower beings and flipping their dieties around and placeing crosses or other symbols which interfere with the forbidden egyptology as understood on the faces of the practictioners; also placing the master cross in a y and his y in a cross in time and through it to have a "personal" perspective of this forbidden "egyptology".

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Howdy PhotonEffect

You stated earlier:

"found the link you posted about the 400,000 yr old spears to be quite intriguing. Firstly, the fact that they were made of wood and remained preserved for so long was amazing not to mention that they were found buried deep underground."

"But more importantly it's the other things that were found with those spears, like the animal bones in large amounts, that seems to suggest that whomever had those spears might've been hunting food in large quantities; possibly to bring back to a village. Could civilizations (on smaller scales) have existed 400,000 years ago?"

It is my own belief that large family groups were operating up to 400,000 years ago and may have been up 50-75 people. Later hunter-gatherers made it a tactic to kill large numbers of animals at one time to make it easier to process the food. (done by African and native Americans in historic times).

Lots of interesting things in bogs and deep lakes! Although it is difficult more time is directed towards finding signs of habitation levels farther and farther back. I suspect we'll get proto-villages as early as 50,000 years ago. Finding the traces of woodland based hunter-gathers using disposalable vegetation as shelter is challenging-but studies of Amazon and African tribes who still live that way has shown indicators to look for.

Interesting stuff.

Howdy Skyfloating

Unfortunately I didn't get to go to Guatamala, that trip has been delayed but I got to got Manchester - which sucks in winter I might add.

So what is your response to the existence of large amounts of material from before 12,000 BP?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by Illahee
Quick question. Why do we always assume the stones for the pyramids were quarried? I know this sounds dumb because I jump to that same assumption with no answer other than I learned they were so I built on the work of others. Now what if there were many many stones already being used in buildings and the builders reused them and started quarrying for the rest? Recycling didn't start with weed and the WV van, its always been.

Because of the writing in the workers' village talking about getting stone from those quarries, because of evidence including half-finished blocks of rock being quarried there, and because the well-used quarries are located right in the middle of the whole shebang.

Why import the stone (and they were big blocks) or go miles and miles to tear something down when they had all the rock they needed within a mile of the site?

Makes sense. What I was leaning towards and didn't state properly is do we know the total volume from the site or is there considerably more material used than what was cut and moved.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

nationalgeographic.com

The 7,000-year-old farming-village site includes evidence of domesticated animals and crops—providing a major breakthrough in understanding the enigmatic people of the Neolithic, or late Stone Age, period and their lives long before the appearance of the Egyptian pharaohs.

Howdy Illahee

Makes sense. What I was leaning towards and didn't state properly is do we know the total volume from the site or is there considerably more material used than what was cut and moved.

The quarries site are well known, as is the location of the rubble dump. I presume someone could do the calculations.

[edit on 22/3/08 by Hanslune]

(fixed link)

Hans' , don't forget your
External Source Tags

[edit on 24-3-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Unfortunately I didn't get to go to Guatamala, that trip has been delayed but I got to got Manchester - which sucks in winter I might add.

So what is your response to the existence of large amounts of material from before 12,000 BP?

Manchester in the Winter does suck...archaeologically and actually.

As to your question: The material found and published points to and supports the view of hunter-gatherer cultures spanning hundreds of thousands of years, re-inforcing "official history" views (which are not my views, as you know).

You being up-to-date I have a question for you (not as a challenge but as a genuine question):

How far down does archaeology dig/excavate nowdays? What can you tell me about this?

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Depends on the situation, the type of matrix you are digging in, amount of time you have to dig, # and skill of your people and how much money you have.

In something like a cave where you know you have a natural bottom you usually try to go to that bottom.

As a general rule, as deep as you can*. If not in the main ex then in the test pits. The water level is also a prohibitor.

* there are limitations based on the items I listed above. Example, maritime archaeology is usually effected by money concerns and the lack of trained personnel

In the Egyptian delta neolithic sites can be covered with up to 50 feet of silt - which tends to collaspe inwards without extensive bracing.

In NA archaeology after numerous "dry holes" archaeologists use to stop after the Clovis material stopped but have now learned to go deeper.

In other words "it depends"

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

there is an English female psychic who has a book out her claim is that the Christ is buried in this sealed off area wouldn't it blow the world away if this is true especially if this truth comes to light the so called pagans were right and some group lied very well to the world.it would be funnier if he was buried as an egyption king.There was also another theory about there being a space craft either under the pyramid or in the country of Iran both were buried.biblical the battle of tiamet where was it-from the heavens we came to the heavens we shall return -i wonder if the original ark is not a boat per-say .just some thoughts to ponder has anyone esle heard anything on this train of thought.abraksass

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
"also placing the master cross in a y and his y in a cross in time and through it to have a "personal" perspective of this forbidden "egyptology".

Even more interesting if by "masters" you are refferring to the Annunki, and if we suspect that man was genetically altered by a Annunki female and the female chromosone is the "Y" factor in genetic engineering? Hummm

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

I think its a sad thing that archaeology lacks funds. On the other hand, making the topic more interesting/exciting might generate funds.
And thats where the bestselling fringe-researchers may come in handy, even if its only dangling a carrot stick to the public.

Look at the Bosnian-Pyramid-Hype: There´s no pyramid there, but a lot of excitement and therefore funding...which led to the discovery not of a pyramid but other archaeological findings.

My advertising for fringe-topics may seem harmful to you, but I find that maybe just a little more indiana-jones-like-atmosphere may generate a bit more interest (and therefore funding).

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

I think its a sad thing that archaeology lacks funds. On the other hand, making the topic more interesting/exciting might generate funds.
And thats where the bestselling fringe-researchers may come in handy, even if its only dangling a carrot stick to the public.

Look at the Bosnian-Pyramid-Hype: There´s no pyramid there, but a lot of excitement and therefore funding...which led to the discovery not of a pyramid but other archaeological findings.

My advertising for fringe-topics may seem harmful to you, but I find that maybe just a little more indiana-jones-like-atmosphere may generate a bit more interest (and therefore funding).

The only 'harmful' thing that arise from this is the attempts by some to explain away the lack of evidence by saying that archaeologist and archaeology as a whole are involve in some sort of vast conspiracy. Slandering reputations is never helpful. This is one reason you'll rarely find professionals at such boards as this.

Amateurs are always a great resource and help to professionals in any field. However, whereas some fringe writers actually believe what they write it is my opinion that some do not and write materials solely to make money.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Slandering reputations is never helpful. This is one reason you'll rarely find professionals at such boards as this.

I was contacted by a professional only a few days after this thread opened. He should his credentials and asked to have the tapes mentioned at the beginning of the thread. I passed copies of the tapes along.

So, for the sake of truth, sometimes reputations need to be shaken and cover-ups pointed out.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I was contacted by a professional only a few days after this thread opened. He should his credentials and asked to have the tapes mentioned at the beginning of the thread. I passed copies of the tapes along.

I seem to have missed this could you please Link to the post with tapes mentioned, I didn't see anything on the first page. What evidence do you have that a "professional" past this material to you? Do you accept that anyone skeptical will take your claim with a large grain of salt?

So, for the sake of truth, sometimes reputations need to be shaken and cover-ups pointed out.

Slander is not truth, but I'll wait till I see this material you are talking about. But in more general terms......

So Skyfloating is there a world wide conspiracy to hide evidence of Atlantis and alien contact?

If so who runs it? Who is the head person in US? Where is the administrative HQ for the organization that controls it?

Do you believe that the majority of Archaeologists, Universities and technical staff "are in on it"?

Are myself, Byrd and Harte part of this conspiracy?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I seem to have missed this could you please Link to the post with tapes mentioned, I didn't see anything on the first page. What evidence do you have that a "professional" past this material to you? Do you accept that anyone skeptical will take your claim with a large grain of salt?

Judging from your posts you are not "up to speed" with what this thread has been about, and its not really my job to point it out to you.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Its all on record in this thread. Even the attempt at cover-up.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Its all on record in this thread. Even the attempt at cover-up.

Fine, please link me to the page - there are 36 pages, the first two didn't seem to have anything of interest in regards to this. A link would speed up the process of my finding it.

One thing, your claim about the wall enclosing the "apex" of Scott's theory. That was shown (by someone who went there recently) to be incorrect the wall stops about a 100 meters short of alleged location of the "apex" - sorry if this is old news.

So why no answer those mega conspiracy questions?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Im not going to go rummaging around this thread, because the case evolved over many pages, but I´ll give you a summary of what transpired:

I pointed out the association of Hawass with ET-Channellers and Atlantis-Friends, despite his public ridicule of such people. That was in the opening post.

Later in the thread Harte found the connection between the ET-Channeller and Hawass in the Internet.

But he (Harte) then went on to say that he´d been in contact with a professional who wished to stay anonymous...

...claiming that he and Hawass had no idea that the guy (who Hosts Hawass webpage) was an ET-Channeller.

The moment I heard this attempt at deflection I knew it was wrong because I happen to own tapes of "Channeling Sessions" recorded in the Giza Pyramids with consent of Hawass.

I then offered any professional with proper credentials a copy of the tapes. This then happened.

You asked about a vast conspiracy with a tone of ridicule in your voice.

I have plenty more interesting material in my archives but I hesitate to publish any of it on a public forum, considering the watering-down that has happened to the little I published right here.

It gets drowned out in the consistent attempts at confusion and ridicule.

Therefore, good material must be presented in its proper form...a book for example.

Meanwhile it wont be difficult to prove that there IS a vast conspiracy at work.

You ask if you and others here are part of this vast conspiracy. To which I answer: No, not intentionally.

You just happen to be people who know more about the subject matter than me. But, as already explained in the thread, there are other subject matters which I know more about, and it is these that I apply when looking at YOUR subject of expertise.

The car-mechanic will know a lot more about cars than me, but if I am a detective I might detect that a woman sat on the backseat of the car recently...something he may never notice.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Love this thread btw

Originally posted by nablator
Note that there is nothing incredible in the egyptian cogs. They had this technology in Roman times.

The Eygptian lightbulbs and the baghdad battery zre pretty incredible though!

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Well Skyfloating

Thanks for the summary

Lets see, my last job was setting up organizations that had libraries in them and websites to support same. The person I hired to do that was a devotee of Ganesha. After hours they held meetings for faculty/students who had an interest in Indian Astrology.

Does this mean I'm a Hindu or that I believe in Indian Astrology?

How did you do this, "You asked about a vast conspiracy with a tone of ridicule in your voice." That must be hard to do on the internet which is text based, please share how you do that? The first comment had no tone of ridicule but this one does - can you tell the difference, LOL.

Sure go write a book, I'll be glad to review it.

Sorry skyfloating but those of us who have been associated with archaeology for decades actually have a better understanding of it than you do - which is to be expected. There are follks at the Hall of Ma'at who have expertise and knowledge of archaeology and its culture which in turn makes my knowledge pale to insignificance. If you have such ground breaking stuff-show it to the Egyptogists there.

I have seen no hint that you have any special knowledge, insight or detective abilities. Your claim to have such reminds me of Danth's Law and a bit of the fallacy of (self) authority.

As an example; why did you get the Hawass fence vs Scott's apex wrong?

Remember evidence is hard to find but it's easier to claim "conspiracy".

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

The topic of this thread is possible cover-ups regarding egyptology, not-yet-discovered aspects of egyptology and well-known egyptologists who privately believe something different than publicly announced.

Contributions on topic will be responded to as not to turn this thread into what many other threads here have turned into. Contributions on topic welcome.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee

Why import the stone (and they were big blocks) or go miles and miles to tear something down when they had all the rock they needed within a mile of the site?

It was a fairly big quarry, and while material was moved in from other locations, it supplied a lot of the material for structures around the plateau. I don't know how much, exactly, but remember the whole site on which the monument complex is built is quarry-able limestone.

This may have been the reason for the ancient placement of the city of Cairo -- that it was close to a good source of stone for building. Although the houses of the common people would have been mud brick, permanent structures and things for the pharaohs (monuments, stele, temples, tombs, family tombs, family houses, palaces, etc) were built of stone.

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join