It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forbidden Egyptology

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jbmitch

I would prefer not to share but its at Skyfloating's decision. It was inherited long before I had any solid beliefs of my own but later in life I understand why it was passed to me.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I received the pictures from Illahee and, from what I can tell, they are very interesting. I will not be sharing the pictures received on this public forum for personal reasons which I will not explain here. Period.

Instead I look forward to posting more on the thread topic.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Back to Egyptology. Does anyone know how many aliens are carved or painted in the ancient Egyptian structures? I have seen one picture of a Pharaoh and a black eyed grey, but there must be more.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee
Back to Egyptology. Does anyone know how many aliens are carved or painted in the ancient Egyptian structures? I have seen one picture of a Pharaoh and a black eyed grey, but there must be more.

There are none -- at least no real ones. There are some hoaxed ones out there.

Remember that the paintings are more like illustrated texts than they are some mysterious painted subject. They *ALL* have writing around them. We can read the writing (almost always prayers) -- which is actually text just like we're writing now and not some sort of "guess the meaning" pictograms.

There are several sites where you can learn how to read hieroglyphics for yourself. You should check some out.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
The problem is material does survive and did survive from 12,000 BP and even before. In that existing material no evidence can be found for an "advanced" civilization. So Skyfloating, what criterial should we use to rationalize our not looking at what HAS been found from before 12k BP?

And we´ve only been seriously looking for it since 200 years. Contrast that with 12 000 years

Again I would recommend you stop wasting your time on websites and go out and do something constructive...

No comment.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

I suspect hoaky when the picture was far away and a bad angle. No time in this life to start reading them. Some things are best left to experts I suppose. Probably more so with translations. If I was young I might consider it.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jbmitch
reply to post by Skyfloating

"Are you stating with total certainty that no structures have been found off the coast of Cuba?"
You refferring to the short laconic news brief that quickly died,, about a large pryamid like structure off the coast of Cuba with its capstone still in tact?

No, I was countering Hartes remark that there is no evidence of ANYTHING off the coast of cuba.

I will gladly concede there might not be anything there.

But I take his and a few others repeating absolutist-statements throughout the thread as an insult to my intelligence or as an attempt to stifle questioning.

Its not facts contrary to my opinion that annoy me, but certain modes of communication and choices of words designed to scoff, ridicule and manipulate rather than to inform

[edit on 19-3-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by Hanslune
The problem is material does survive and did survive from 12,000 BP and even before. In that existing material no evidence can be found for an "advanced" civilization. So Skyfloating, what criterial should we use to rationalize our not looking at what HAS been found from before 12k BP?

And we´ve only been seriously looking for it since 200 years. Contrast that with 12 000 years

Quite an issue. in order to find a date we need to find an item that has a date. from there you can make guesses forward and backwards on undated items but they are only guesses. In pre modern times resources were used and recycled as they are today. How many beautiful aluminum items existed before WWII? How many beautiful silver items were melted down because of the Hunt Bros. ? For the very same reasons we can assume those older items were re used for other purposes as well. Stone is heavy and common so we have plenty of that material left over. Without a date on an item we can only guess. Even a spectra graph can be fooled by unusual circumstances. Presence of unusual chemicals or their previous actions can skew C14.

I have to agree. We don't as a society, have enough time on the bricks, even if we have advance tools to assist.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
That is so typical. Good information, even interesting, and it is once again blocked from view, because is is in our best interest not to see it.

What a crock of stupidity.

Why, would people ask too many uncomfortable questions?

Well, it is a shame so much information has been destroyed or hidden. My best interests can't take much more of a load.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by win 52

Not at all. To jump to a conclusion without proper and legitimate study is no better than all of the indigo threads. To make a statement and then find out later that it was made from an object that could have been a tourist export item and only decades old is irresponsible. I have to honor that decision.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I can't believe someone said they found nothing notable in the waters off Western Cuba. I dug up some of those side scan sonar images taken by ADC, released back in 2001. These images were taken 2200 ft below the surface by an ROV.

Could these stones really be ancient ruins?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by cormac mac airt
The only thing to me that is apparent is that there was erosion.

But there's strong evidence to suggest heavy water flow played a role in the degradation of the limestone. Schoch makes a case against the wet sand erosion theory, amongst others.

Basically his studies conclude that wind and sand alone wouldn't have caused the heavy vertical weathering that's found around the sphinx enclosure. This is why he points to a construction date during the wetter years of Egypt which would've predated the 3rd millennium bc by 2000 or more years.(but I'm sure you're already aware of all of this)

Going back to my last post, if the Egyptians couldn't have built the pyramids in the first place, then they also couldn't have refurbished it to the levels necessary to leave workmens marks on the inner unfinished sides as well.

Well no, they could've made repairs and not have built them. Although I will concede that this "graffiti" presents a bit of an issue. I assume the workmens marks you mention are the ones found above the Kings chamber of the GP. I know of no others, but if you do please post.

The workmens marks are somewhat of an enigma too. Yes there is the supposed cartouche of Khufu, which may or may not be his.

Why is there only writing on these few blocks and no other blocks on the GP? None on the core blocks(those were hidden behind casing stones at one point). None found on the exploded portions, none on the tunneled out inner stones either.

Also, unless one puts mythical peoples or ET's into the equation, there is no evidence for anyone other than the ancient egyptians to have built them.

One shouldn't ignore the gods' (yes that includes Egyptian myths.)role in all of this.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by PhotonEffect]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   

But there's strong evidence to suggest heavy water flow played a role in the degradation of the limestone. Schoch makes a case against the wet sand erosion theory, amongst others.

There is also strong evidence that the heavy rains didn't stop until the beginning of the fourth millenia, end of the third millenia with intermittent heavy rains into the sixth dynasty. Doesn't rule Khafre out.

Well no, they could've made repairs and not have built them. Although I will concede that this "graffiti" presents a bit of an issue. I assume the workmens marks you mention are the ones found above the Kings chamber of the GP. I know of no others, but if you do please post.

If they weren't technologically capable of building the GP, then they couldn't have taken it apart to the level of the relieving chamber. There are not only mentions of Khufu, but of the names of some of the work gangs responsible for various areas of construction.

Why is there only writing on these few blocks and no other blocks on the GP? None on the core blocks(those were hidden behind casing stones at one point). None found on the exploded portions, none on the tunneled out inner stones either.

One would expect any markings to be facing inward, concealed to the onlooker as they would serve no purpose to anyone else.

Also, as relates to the Sphinx, where do you think the material excavated from around it went to. The Valley Temple which was built by Khafre. You can't take one item and separate it from everything else. They are all inter-related.

cormac

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

""

Going back to my last post, if the Egyptians couldn't have built the pyramids in the first place,
"then they also couldn't have refurbished it to the levels necessary to leave workmens marks on the inner unfinished sides as well."

Unless they were built from the inside out not from bottom up,,,

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
i will be the first to admit my ignorance of the subject but I have been following the discourse. I ask only that someone more qualified than I consider my hypothesis.
Could,as evidence seems to point, Khufu have built the GP but during its time of completion he was obliterated from their known history through either social or political unrest. A coup of sorts. As many here I am sure will agree it is not unheard of for a conquering group to try to eliminate any sign of previous existence of prior ruling people. Could this be the cause of an empty tomb, and no decorative enhancements?
If another ruler had Khufu killed would he not want to destroy any evidence of his reign?

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by reluctantpawn
i will be the first to admit my ignorance of the subject but I have been following the discourse. I ask only that someone more qualified than I consider my hypothesis.
Could,as evidence seems to point, Khufu have built the GP but during its time of completion he was obliterated from their known history through either social or political unrest. A coup of sorts. As many here I am sure will agree it is not unheard of for a conquering group to try to eliminate any sign of previous existence of prior ruling people. Could this be the cause of an empty tomb, and no decorative enhancements?
If another ruler had Khufu killed would he not want to destroy any evidence of his reign?

I like your thinking. There´s so much that could have happened that its really a lot of detective work to reconstruct even tiny shreds of who´s who and what happened.

Throughout history many leaders and their nations have been conquered and their legacy burned, destroyed and hidden along with them.

Thats why we need to keep asking questions rather than pretending to be "know-it-alls" as someone who´s studied egyptology for a few years sometimes tends to be.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls

From what I've read about Hawass and what I've seen on the history channel, I've come to the conclusion that this man is a shill.

It is in the best interest of those in power to keep the status quo. To shed light on alternative history would be counterintuitive for those wanting to 'keep a brother down.'

I do not believe most of what this man says and I can tell he's full of it. I trust my intuition over his opinion.

Something is hidden under the Sphinx and Pyramid; secret chambers with mummies, a grand treasure room, who knows.

What I do know is that archaeologists studied the Sphinx with ground-penetrating radar and found SOMETHING. However, when they wanted to further investigate, the likes of Hawass shut down any kind of investigation.

I do not believe this man one bit.

Thanks for the story SkyFloating.

I agree with you. Anyone who speaks publicly about any subject- yet privately holds an opposing view is a shill. This has been proven time and gain.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dk3000

Hawass will say nothing that does not promote the Egyptian race if such a thing hasn't been watered down and still even exists. I don't know, not a genetics expert. It has however been common knowledge that the chamber under the sphinx is an initiatory temple of modest size. Spencer Lewis compared the records in Tibet with copies in India, and they were in agreement as to the features and use of the chambers. Now this does not mean that it was ever constructed for that but much like a spare apartment they fill up quick if they are any good at all. The sealing would have taken place when the Essene settlements in Alexandria and lake Maoris were abandoned. The temple at Heliopolis took over all duties for the remaining brothers.
The last time the whereabouts of these records were known was before the Nazi SS expedition that followed Spencer's trail. It was of the utmost importance to the Nazis to wipe out records of any kind that conflicted, so they could rewrite and teach their own occult religion.

[edit on 20-3-2008 by Illahee]

[edit on 20-3-2008 by Illahee]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by reluctantpawn
Could,as evidence seems to point, Khufu have built the GP but during its time of completion he was obliterated from their known history through either social or political unrest. A coup of sorts.

While it's an interesting theory, the time of the Old Kingdom is actually a "golden age" for the Egyptians. This time period (4th dynasty (Khufu is the second of the 4th dynasty) through the 6th dynasty) saw a flourishing of the arts, a lot of construction going on (public works -- temples and so forth),

The pyramids were built during the lifetime of the pharaoh, and were left unfinished if he died before his pyramid was completed (according to one source.) www.wsu.edu...

After his death, he became sort of a folk-hero-urban-legend (as well as being a god) and his worship continued for about 2,000 years after his death. His reign (according to the king lists) was about 26 years and he was succeeded by his son Djedefra: en.wikipedia.org... One late legend about him (some 1500 years after his death) was that he actually found and repaired the Great Sphynx (the urban legend was that it had been built before he came into power and had fallen into disrepair and he nobly came forth and fixed it. This is undoubtedly a fiction of his priests of that era, designed to put him in the same class as Thutmose who saw the sphynx in a dream and it said "if you uncover me, I will make you ruler of Egypt." He did and became pharaoh.)

There were no notable droughts or riots during his administration or after his son took over (though he may have had a few military scraps with one of his brothers.) In Sumeria, the kings were too busy trying to capture land to pay much attention to far away Egypt, and there were no other large military powers in the Levant to threaten them.

Another sign that his rule was peaceful was the fate of his daughter, Hetepheres II. She was married to one of Khufu's sons (her half brother) and then after his death to Djedefra. After his death, she marries her cousin, Ankhaf and outlives him and her daughter, outliving nearly everyone else. She's not executed or sent into exile and she marries within the dynastic family, so there's no hostile takeover. She isn't sent off to be a priestess somewhere.

All in all, his reign and the next two dynasties were a peaceful time for Egypt.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee
It has however been common knowledge that the chamber under the sphinx is an initiatory temple of modest size.

A quick look at the Sphynx will tell you that this story is simply a fable. It's only 20 feet wide and 260 feet long: www.ancient-egypt-online.com...

It's also 65 feet thick.

A chamber large enough to stand in (and have air circulating so you didn't die from carbon dioxide/carbon monoxide when you went in for a 2 hour ceremony) would have to be larger than the sphinx... and the sphinx would have fallen into the pit of the abandoned temple long ago. Anything smaller, and you can't get a group of 20 people in there without fainting from the heat or dying from CO2. And again, that section of the sphinx would have fallen in... as did the roofs of other temples built below the surface.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join