It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ann Coulter Will Support Clinton over McCain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Ann Coulter Supports Clinton

blogs.abcnews.com

In case you missed it, on Hannity & Colmes last night, controversial pundit Ann Coulter -- who supports Mitt Romney for president -- said she would back Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-NY, over Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.

"She's more conservative that he is," she said. "She will be stronger on the war on terrorism...I will campaign for her if it's McCain."

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2008/2/4 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
For several years at least, many members have surprised me by treating Ann Coulter as something more than a political humorist.

Now we have Coulter claiming that she will support Clinton over McCain because Clinton is more conservative than McCain.

Well, that's logic I can't really understand, even though I've always been aware that McCain is probably the most liberal Republican I have ever seen.

Still, he's a far cry from Clinton who from my view panders to the polls. I'm not always in agreement with McCain, but I can see many of his positions as an attempt at bipartisanship.

The article does a good job of pointing out the errors of Ann's logic.

However, Ann doesn't really need to articulate a rationale for choosing to support one candidate over another.

I just never really took Ann for a swing voter.

blogs.abcnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Well I didn't take Ann comments literally in this case instead I took it that she was endorsing Romney in a back handed manner with some extra punch. Ann is like the class clown if you ignore her she will go away . Rather then ignore her people take the bait every time.

Myself I view Ann as a media version of a troll. So as you imagen(SP?) I don't put much stock in what she says.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I won't go as far as Ann. But if John McCain is nominated by the Republicans, I will not vote at all.

The only bight side in a Mrs. Bill Clinton victory will be that it took a Jimmy Carter to get us a Ronald Reagan. We survived Carter so I'm sure we can survive Mrs. Bill Clinton.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Romney is in the race still and Coulter still supports him.

However, Romney is losing ground at this point and I guess after today, we'll have a better view of what his chances are of his gaining his party's nomination.

As I said in my original post, Coulter is an entertainer. She is not above employing a cheap theatrics to get her point across.

My view is now, and I could be wrong, that McCain is going to win the nomination, then it will be interesting to see what Coulter will do.

Not that it really matters politically, but Coulter is a cultural phenomenon, just as are Bill Maher, Jon Stewart, and Stephen Colbert, the only difference is that Coulter is smarter than all three rolled into one, and Maher, Stewart, and Colbert are not to be considered dumb.

Coulter holds a law degree which does give her more academic credibility than the others, not because her background is law so much, but that she does at least hold an advanced degree in which logic, critical thought and rhetorical skills are just as important as theatrics.

So, we'll have to see if in the end if Coulter will have to eat crow or if she will indeed campaign for Clinton.

[edit on 2008/2/5 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

A bit of hyperbolic rhetoric on her part, I think. A trifill over the top. Considering her venom towards the Clintons in the past, I simply can't see it happening, though I would think the Clintons would welcome it, as an opourtunity to say something along the lines of "See?, if we can reach out to Anne Coulter, we will reach out to others..." or something along those lines.

God the image of President Hillary Clinton sends shivers down my spine...oh well...what will be, will be.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
This elections even I will vote for myself if Hillary and McCain become the two presidential candidates.

Both of them are nothing but corporate breed and chosen.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Okay!

Romney's out.

That leaves McCain and Huckabee.

Before Tuesday, most pundits thought Huckabee's campaign was all but dead.

I'm wondering what Ann Coulter is going to do now.

Surely, she will have to either toss her hat into the ring with Huckabee or go with Hillary now.

This should be interesting.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

That makes the caucuses this Saturday in Washington an excersize in holding ones nose. McCain or Huckabee? Eeeww... Clinton or Obama? Oh, my goodness...

If I can, I'm still supporting Romney. I'm not sure of the rules, so I'll find out I suppose...

The fun part is going to be the platform work. Talk about contentious...fun, fun, fun.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The New Mexico primary was such a fiasco that I'm not sure that they have the figures in yet.

However, I saw some figures with only 1% precincts reporting that Bill Richardson had received more than seventy votes and he dropped out of the race weeks ago.

I don't think that continuing to support Romney can do much good.

I'm a registered Independent, so I can't vote in the primaries, but personally, I wouldn't go to all the trouble to throw my vote away, even if Romney's name remains on the ballot.

[edit on 2008/2/8 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
True, voting for Romney won't do a whole lot of good, though he hasn't officially dropped out yet, he's suspended his campaign. Unless somethings changed in the past few hours?

That's probably semantics, but anyway...plus some delegates at the state convention could help get some of his proposals onto the platform committee, or at least heard by the same.

Plus I enjoy creating a ruckus whenever I think it neccessary. A candidate who has things too much his own way, makes mistakes. Mistakes that McCain simply cannot afford to make, if he stands any chance at all. Given the antipathy felt towards him by the concervative wing of the GOP, he needs to run a perfect campaign.

[edit on 8-2-2008 by seagull]

new topics

top topics

join