It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranians inaugurate space project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Iranians inaugurate space project

news.bbc.co.uk

Iran has launched a research rocket to inaugurate a newly built space centre.
The test-launch for the country's first low-orbit research satellite was shown on Iranian state television to cries of "God is Great" from the announcer.

Correspondents say advances in Tehran's missile technology are likely to alarm Western powers, as Iran presses on with a controversial nuclear programme.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Iran has just Launched its space program
by launching a test rocket.

Great step for Iran as they are progressing in an area which will bennifit them as a country.

not supprised the US is shocked about all this and coming out with Balstic Missile test

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Debka is reporting a satellite launch. If true it will put america within striking distance. Which will put Iran on the top of a very short list.

The Safir (Emissary) was launched into space Monday, Feb. 4, on top of the improved Shahab-3 which has a 4,000 km range. DEBKAfile’s military sources report that the Iranian launch was Tehran’s rejoinder to Israel’s test of a new long-range missile propulsion engine on Jan. 17. Western experts reported at the time that Israel’s newly-powered missiles could reach “any point on earth.” The Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was present for the test Monday. DEBKAfile’s military sources report Safir-1 was fired from a missile base in the Semnan Desert southeast of Tehran. He also inaugurated Iran’s first space research center and announced that the Ormid (“Hope”) satellite would be placed in orbit “in the near future.” Our military sources disclose that while Tehran’s space program is in its infancy, the Iranians are capable of a crash program for cutting down the gestation period for producing a military space satellite, as they proved in their nuclear effort.

www.debka.com...

[edit on 4-2-2008 by HimWhoHathAnEar]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

The Iranians are more technologically advanced than our media would like us to know. That is, thanks in part to the Russians and Chinese. I really have no problem with anyone exploring space.

The US does not deserve to have a monopoly on anything, regardless of what some of its citizens think.

We are not rulers of the world and need to be shown our place.

We somehow use a large percentage of the energy in the world yet we're less than 5% of the world's population...Makes sense right?

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

Good work... The terrorists are going to get us now..

Man stop telling us stupid crap like this.. The only terrorists that exist is the same kinda that are in make believe land..

Geez...

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I don't think HimWhoHathAnEar mentioned anything about Iran being a terrorist nation.

He mentioned that the US will be within striking distance and definitely aware of their actions.

I agree, the Iranians are telling the US not to mess with us, we have big guns too!

I think its a step in the right direction. I hope more countries stand up to us.

Next we have to deal with the Chinese and their treatment of the proletariat...

Most human rights abuses seem to get swept under the table on this forum in lieu of more "interesting" topics such as war war war...

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
They have a hard time affording enough refined fuel for their country and you think they want a space program? This is strictly for the military even if its just a satellite. It is sure to speed up any possible attack that maybe going to happen to them I would guess.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Thank you for clarifying my post a bit for Thickheaded. As you say, I was merely stating the fact that this is a huge technological jump and it will change the dynamic a little bit. My feelings about an attack on Iran were never stated. Some people just hear what they want to hear.

Thickheaded,

If these developments upset you so much, why come here and read about them? Ignorance can be blissful I'm told.

top topics

join