It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Model T with a magnetic engine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

When automobiles were first being developed, there was serious competition between the various inventors vying to be first to market and in a big way.

The vested interests did not want automobiles because it would change their world, requiring them to alter their business stance or adapt to a new world where competition would run rampant. Competition means hard work to stay even or get ahead of the pack, so life is easier when everything is crystallized and fixed. The comfort zones were well established and would be maintained any way they could.

The first year model Ts built by Ford had a special flywheel and housing that was said to have been designed by John Worrell Keely and sold to Henry Ford. Ford bought the design as a form of insurance because of all the harassment he was getting from vested interests not wanting to see him succeed.

After 20,000 to 30,000 cars went out, Ford was threatened by oil and gas interests trying to coerce him to shut down production. It was not made clear who these forces were or why they were trying to put Ford out of business.

After the first year of manufacturing Model Ts, efforts were renewed to shut Ford down. At this point, Ford then gave THEM an ultimatum, either leave he and his family alone or he would send every Ford Model T owner a set of cow magnets which fit in special slots that were cut into the bell housings on the first year run of cars. This bell housing was cast into the engine block and not a separate unit as on modern vehicles.

The flywheels were the hand cranked units having Vee magnets. They were magnetos that when cranked, moved the magnets past a coil to produce a very high voltage/current to spark the plugs. It produced a vicious spark.

Once the cow magnets were placed in the slots, the hand crank was turned and the flywheel would spin on its own, generating up to 40 HP and completely self running.

You had to get the flywheel spinning to a minimum rpm before the magnetic drive effect would take place.

Ford told his opponents that all Model T owners would then be running their cars for FREE, not requiring any gasoline or other fuel. And that the principle would be copied and applied to all machinery.

Once Ford's opposing forces verified the truth of this, they instantly ceased all attempts at intimidating Ford and his company succeeded beyond their wildest dreams.

Source: Keelynet

Magnetic engines are still suppressed. Almost every single one of them seems to be a rediscovery or repackaging of exactly the same principle of magnetic energy generation.

Sterling D Allan contributes a lot of information about this and other topics. But I find myself asking questions about him. He was involved in a high-profile case about a magnetic engine:

The Cycclone Saga

And who knows the truth there?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
This is pretty good stuff, Doghead.

How come "indigo child" crap gets posted out the wazoo, but threads like this are ignored?

I posted a thread about nanowires that were thermoelectric. Not a single post, maybe only 20 or 30 views a day and a half later.

You put this in here (with gas over 3 bucks a gallon) and not a single nibble.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
So essentailly this is a kind of free energy?? Has this been proven is their anyone on ATS with a Model T who can test this?

Would be reaslly interesting if it worked....

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DogHead

Surpressed technologies keeps us slaves to the masters. Instead of helping mankind in many instances we are raped financially by the enormous oil company complexes.

Tesla was way ahead of the curve and indications were he had contacts with an extraterrestrial race of beings that wanted to help us technologically in a good way. Not taking anything away from Tesla he was a brilliant inventor and wanted to help mankind with free energy.

We here of instances where the huge oil companys have bought up technology to keep it away from you and I. This includes the huge car companys that are in bed with the oil companys. The fact of the matter is the car companys could of broken away from the oil cycle many many years ago as is apparent in your post about magnets being cast into the engines of automobiles. Do you relize the enormous savings for mankind to break away from the oil cycle for autos not to mention pollution. Rik Riley

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Another very interesting , thought provoking post here Doghead,

thanks for posting this ...

and yes it is sad that the more "kooky" posts and threads seem to get loads and loads of views, but ones involving science and thought provoking subjects just get ignored by the masses......it always ends up with the same people taking part in the discusions...it is a shame

thanks

snoopyuk

[edit on 6-2-2008 by snoopyuk]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Greetngs DH,

the "oil and gas interests" only became powerful after the mass introduction of automobile, in particular by Ford. I doubt they had leverage comparable to what we see today. So the quote in the OP contains some kind of a time loop, whereby the oil companies of yore were aided in their evil conspiracies by powerful oil companies of today.

Does it not strike you that after all that fanfare accompaigning yet another perpetuum motion design, years pass and not a single unit is in production? In today's technological world, 3 or 4 years is infinity. One can start making profit right away by generating electricity and selling it, without even having to reveal the design of the apparatus. It ain't happening.

Have you seen this?

en.wikipedia.org...

A New Zealand experimenter named Andrew Thorp reports on his web page that he built and investigated a version of Adams motor. His conclusion was that the apparent over unity effect is illusory. He suggests this explanation:

"there is an unusual effect that occurs when lead-acid batteries are subjected to high-voltage spikes, such as the motor coils produce. Their open-circuit voltage rises to a level higher than normal, but the net energy content still diminishes over time as normal. The very small motors that Dr. Adams originally built were capable of masking the normal voltage decrease of the supply batteries and making them appear to hold their energy level. Large automotive batteries will run a small motor for several weeks, and the mechanical contactor switch will fail within this time giving the impression that the motor is going to keep running forever without draining the batteries."

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I think that we need to understand that rewriting history to exclude the possibility of several of the proposed designs is an ongoing process.

The big three people keep bringing up are Magnetic which we know works and exists under the hitachi patents but will never see the light of day. Electric which is no longer an issue as people on HDDIS are using them with a set of arrays right now. And then there is reconfiguration, which several people have claimed to be able to do by using a combination of existing devices.

There is a clear conspiracy going on and sooner or later a coalition will form to catalog and record every single attempt. At that point I think when people can no longer be threatened and intimidated or worse yet disappear, we will then see some of these inventions come to the forefront. While this coalition is new and before it can be bought off and corrupted, many ideas will become common knowledge.

I would be very interested to know if a model T owner can confirm the cutouts for the magnets. This may have also been a bluff on Ford's part.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I did some reading on the contruction of Model T and found that indeed there was a magneto used to power the ignition system. And initial variants of Model T were started by hand cranking. All in all, the usual. No perpetual motion there.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I think what the original article was saying is the magneto functioned on the inside of the flywheel. Ford had made the empty spots in the bell housing to install magnets on the outside of the flywheel as well to force rotation. If the flywheel had more than one opposing magnet cluster a combination of permanent magnets and a couple electromagnets could cause the motor to turn enough to bluff them though it would not supply the power to move the car very far before it died.

Someone who owns a first year model would be the one to answer since the later ones apparently were altered.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Quote from Dogheads 'Keelynet' quote:

Ford told his opponents that all Model T owners would then be running their cars for FREE, not requiring any gasoline or other fuel. And that the principle would be copied and applied to all machinery.

Once Ford's opposing forces verified the truth of this, they instantly ceased all attempts at intimidating Ford and his company succeeded beyond their wildest dreams.

So what was the truth, that the magnet motor was a hoax?
"oh leave Henry alone it's just a bunch of hooey!"

The intimidation was because he had something that apparently clashed with their oil business model, why would they after learning 'the truth' then leave him alone?

I'd like to see a scientifically verifiable working magnetic motor, but nobody is convinced it seems.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
How come "indigo child" crap gets posted out the wazoo, but threads like this are ignored?

Don't you dare to badmouth the "indigo child" posts! That's really interesting stuff and more likely to be truth than extracting energy from a permanent magnet.

And no, you see, I didn't ignore this particular thread

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
From what I have read concerning magnetic motors, is that over time, the motor is going to turn the magnetic energy into energy for the motor, in essence draining the magnet.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent Styx
From what I have read concerning magnetic motors, is that over time, the motor is going to turn the magnetic energy into energy for the motor, in essence draining the magnet.

Dear Agent Styx: the field of the permanent magnet is ultimately due to magnetic moments of the electrons that move around nuclei of a chemical elements such as iron. It is impossible for this motion to stop and for the magnetic field to disappear. You can, of course, interfere with alighnment of individual cells by heating the magnet, in which case the net field will drop, but this has nothing to do with "draining" of the magnet. You can't drain magnets, period.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

One has to wonder, however, why time and again the same designs are said to yield these results?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

One has to wonder, however, why time and again the same designs are said to yield these results?

Why is it that millions of people around the globe are getting spam in their mailboxes, purporting to show them a quick way to riches, based on more or less same technique? Like in the Nigerian (419) scam? Same design, same alleged result... Same deception over and over!

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

However, many people who have done this type of research are not charlatans (although there are plenty of them to go around, for sure).

Consider Otis Carr.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

However, many people who have done this type of research are not charlatans (although there are plenty of them to go around, for sure).

Consider Otis Carr.

That's funny, because this article seems to indicate that Carr was a charlatane of a prime caliber:

en.wikipedia.org...

Carr and his promoter Norman Evans Colton also frequently appeared during the same period on Long John Nebel's pioneering radio and TV talk show, and during each appearance, Nebel usually managed to prompt Carr into his usual state of nearly-total incoherence. Typical: "Can you describe what you're holding in your hand?" "This is a dimensional object. It was designed with the dimensions of space itself. We say it is truly the geometric form of space, because it is completely round and completely square." Carr also said his great secret could be best expressed mathematically as "minus zero" (or "zero X"). Colton and Carr sold quite a bit of stock in their enterprise, however.

In January of 1961, Carr was convicted of "the crime of selling securities without registering the same" in Oklahoma, and fined $5,000, far less than the sums he had obtained from investors in the area. He was denied an appeal on March 1, 1961. Carr could not pay the fine, and served part of a 14-year jail term. Colton fled the state and soon resurfaced elsewhere, still selling non-working "free energy" technology.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I believe Otis Carr was legit, or at least to some degree.

Yes, i am aware of the smear campaign against him. I am also aware that science is like a river (a force that seems to only be able to move in one direction, and destroys anything that tries to prevent it from moving in that direction), and there is no room for fish that swim upstream.

I think what we have here is a man who, whether on his own or through his work with Tesla, had an understanding of a phenomena that worked. His theory may suck when expanded upon, but in the narrow context for what he used, the whole "-X" thing worked. This is a good starting point for a well educated person to dislike the "science" that Carr pushed forth. Add to that any possible exceptions that Carr's concept would create within their scientific discipline, and it is easy to see why he would be so fervently discredited.

I mean, consider it. This guy, who's theories DO NOT hold water on a large scale (very Newtonian, isn't it....scale difference destroys theory), discovers an effect on a narrow scale that cals into question a major portion of our understanding of electrodynamics? Not to mention other concerns, such as economic impact, etc.

I believe many of these men happened upon an effect that took advantage of some dynamic of their machines design. I believe that modern materials science could push this effect exponentially, if we could identify it.

I also think that, somehow, the Eclipse Project (from my thread) could help tied it together. Gravity and electromagnetism are related...we just need to figure it out and get dogma to help follow suit.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I believe Otis Carr was legit, or at least to some degree.

We are all free to have all sorts of beiliefs, of course.

science is like a river (a force that seems to only be able to move in one direction, and destroys anything that tries to prevent it from moving in that direction)

Some call that one direction "progress", and that which it destroys "ignorance".

His theory may suck when expanded upon, but in the narrow context for what he used, the whole "-X" thing worked.

How come that most the stuff he worked on were WOODEN MOCKUPS?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Some call that one direction "progress", and that which it destroys "ignorance".

And others, with a little historical perspective, realize that todays "progress" is doomed to be seen tomorrow as organized ignorance.

How come that most the stuff he worked on were WOODEN MOCKUPS?

I don't know...but why would Ford use clay mockups?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join