It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can I JOIN Skull and Bones?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
We all know Yale is a great school. You should focus on making the most of your experience at Yale by studying hard and participating in wholesome activities like sports, pre-professional societies, and the like. By doing well at Yale and going on to a good graduate school, you will do well in life irregardless of whether Skull and Bones or some other club lets you in.

You may also want to ask yourself if Skull and Bones is overrated. We all know that many famous people were once members of Skull and Bones, but it is highly probable that it is not attracting the same type of "elite" people today that it did 40 years ago. For example, many college fraternities used to be exclusive, now anybody and everybody can join college fraternities. Many "elite" people now longer join college fraternities. My school had a club called "Skull and Keys" that used to have the same mystique as Skull and Bones, but is now just a drinking club for alcoholics.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I, for one, was "tapped" by a friend. He simply asked, I said "I accept!," and that was the end of that. Most of the other people are just frat boys, jocks or aspiring journalists. I assume it would be easy if you knew someone that was already a member, but you'd probably get laughed at if you asked around. Curiosity about the whole thing spawns laughs, I've noticed.

It's not ultra difficult to become a member. You just have to know someone!

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
why would you want to join a killer society? To join the S&B you have to kill someone. literally, turn them into bones. So you have to kill someone, dry off their bones, do all the work and then come up with a complete skeleton and turn it in as a final exam. Now if you really want to do that, I'd feel sorry for you.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
"Killer society"...?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
By "tap" and "tapping," you all mean wire tapping right? So you have to let the society wiretap you to join? Sounds invasive..

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
i thought you couldnt ask to join they have to ask you. plus i think having an aco# with ATS null and voids your acceptance to S&B

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I have recently been asked if i would like to join the free masons by a gentleman called Mr M. Bell he is a chairman of a lodge...

I asked him about the Free masons and I asked about Skull and cross bones his response was

"after you have taken the 3rd Degree in crafts you will then be able to delve into this further..."

|Now i can ask this man again he tends to see me on a monday and sometimes during the week if he is on business.

hope this helps

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ian990003100
chairman of a lodge...

Uh huh

the 3rd Degree in crafts

Uh huh

he tends to see me on a monday and sometimes during the week if he is on business.

hope this helps

Immeasurably.

Uh...this Mr. M. Bell..he wear a nice white jacket at all?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
No men in white jackets and no need to be rude.

he may and probably is just humoring me however why dont you put the question to the free masons on this site and see what answer we get...

The origins of the ubiquitous skull and crossed bones symbol are unclear. The symbol itself is quite old, and appears as a funerary symbol in christian catacombs. In the middle ages, it was a common tombstone decoration, and appeared in many "memento mori," illustrative reminders of mortality. In more recent times, the skull and crossbones signifies poison.

Skull & Crossbones

This is one of the easiest of symbols to decipher, as Coil says, it is universally known as an emblem for death, poison or danger. Mackey agrees with this interpretation. The question is why would masonry have a symbol for death, poison and danger in the lodges? Is it dangerous to be a mason? Could you be poisoned? Or are you expected to be threatened with death if you betray the craft? Most references to Skull & Crossbones in Masonic literature do not make much use in the third degree, where it is shown on the tracing boards and presumably mentioned in the third degree lecture.

One interesting thing of note, to do with this symbol, is its use by the Templar degrees. Coil and Mackey take particular notice in their encyclopaedias. Coil says that it used by the Templar degrees of masonry but he does not know how or why it is used. Mackey is a bit more forthcoming, though not much; he reckons it is not used in Masonry except in the Templars (third degree?) where it is a symbol of mortality. Why would they want a symbol of mortality? The Templars were accused of worshipping a head/skull as an idol. This has been argued about for years, however Mackey writes in a definite way that Templars did use a skull but it was symbolic. Symbolic of what?

This symbol means the same wherever you go, death. Why have death as a symbol? The Bible says that the dead have no place with the living and therefore it represents something ungodly.

and further information

www.questmagazine.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NexGenRevolution
By "tap" and "tapping," you all mean wire tapping right? So you have to let the society wiretap you to join? Sounds invasive..

No, I just mean "asked." It was pretty straight-forward and casual.

Anyway, I heard a lot of rumors about S&B, so I decided to Google some things to see what peoples' impressions were. A lot of the things people think about it are interesting, some just funny, but I can't help but be curious about what people who aren't "in the know" think about it.

So, what exactly do people around here think? I suppose the nature of this site as a whole should tell me, but I'm more interested in first-hand impressions.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by Orcus]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ian990003100

Actualy the Knights Templar used the Skull and Bones most likey due to a legend that the place in which Jesus was Crucified was also the burial place of Adam. Old Crucifix sometimes have a Skull and Bones beneath it to that affect. Also the name of the site, "Golgotha- the place of the skull."

The use of the Skull and Bones banner by pirates was a ruse, to fool people into thinking that their approaching ship was a Templar vessel. It would be my guess that after people got wise to this pirates kept the flag and symbol as a fear tactic. (To destroy your enemy's resolve by fear at first sight is an advantage)

And it is no crime in any faith to remind one that we are all mortal and death may come at any moment (though this is not the reason why the Skull and Bones is in Masonic symbolism) so live life right and enjoy it. I will not go into the reason for the Cross Bones out of respect but I'm sure that if you look hard enough you can find it in a days research. You seem intelligent.

As to the "Skull and Bones Frat. (this is just me now) others will say the Illuminati are no more. I say they are merely well hidden. They had taken much from Masonry as I understand it. I feel that The Skull and Bones Frat. is a chapter of the Illuminati and that is why you will see some Masonic symbolism and parallels in certain ways.

As for the arrgument that they don't exist well niether did the Mafia. And when it all boils down to it that's all they realy are is an extreamly wealthy Mafia. I'll leave all the conspiracy to the rest of you but I am willing to go as far as to say that they are still around.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by lazy1981

The use of the Skull and Bones banner by pirates was a ruse, to fool people into thinking that their approaching ship was a Templar vessel. It would be my guess that after people got wise to this pirates kept the flag and symbol as a fear tactic. (To destroy your enemy's resolve by fear at first sight is an advantage)

Though it cannot be ruled out that the actual pirates that started using the flag its self where in fact Templar. It was especially popular with English and French pirates, where the Templar where persecuted the severest and where the Templar fled to Scotland.

And it is no crime in any faith to remind one that we are all mortal and death may come at any moment

Nope. Its not. I deal with a lot of life insurance and uh .. people don't like death. They don't like to talk about it. I could get people to talk about intiment sexual positions they favor before I could get them to contemplate their own mortality.. Thus, death is evil, alien, and abrasive.. the Skull and Bones is a symbol of death, a reminder to us all.. so naturally those insecure with their frail existence despise its image and declare it evil.

though this is not the reason why the Skull and Bones is in Masonic symbolism

Actually that IS the reason for it in Masonry. It is a symbol of death, and it is to remind us that as we are here, we will one day return through death. Contemplate your mortality and decide if your time on Earth is being well spent for the benefit of others.

Everyone is supposed to contemplate this themselves and come to their own outcomes.

As to the "Skull and Bones Frat.

Eccentric rich daddys boys. Nothing more, nothing less. Their involvement with success has nothing to do with the frat more then their daddy's money.

They had taken much from Masonry as I understand it. I feel that The Skull and Bones Frat. is a chapter of the Illuminati and that is why you will see some Masonic symbolism and parallels in certain ways.

And what is the Illuminati, its purpose and goals, its history, its political structure, its relation to the Craft? If it is as so many think it is, it would appear to go against everything Masonic..

As for the arrgument that they don't exist well niether did the Mafia.

There is proof the Mafia existed. There is even proof Presidents where involved with them. There is even proof that new mafias exist today.

There is no proof of an Illuminati.

And when it all boils down to it that's all they realy are is an extreamly wealthy Mafia.

A wealthy select few who run society?..... no way... can't be... is it....

Capitalism with an Oligarchy that every one pretends doesn't exist????

ian990003100

I like to tell people I am the President of my Lodge.

"after you have taken the 3rd Degree in crafts you will then be able to delve into this further..."

Aigh.. when I got my 3rd Degree I asked for a bit of the world plunder in form of allowance to pay for tuition at Yale to join the fraternity and carry on my hopeful career to be King of the World.

Instead I got 2 dues cards and I suppose I should consider my self lucky I don't have more then that ... not to mention instead of getting gold and riches I still have to pay for everything in Masonry..... nothing in Masonry is free. Even the free stuff requires a donation lol. Its tough ruling the world...

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Some members have joined by simply having their heads cut off, although I don't think they joined willingly.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   

The skull and crossbones is also an important emblem in Masonry, where it symbolizes the transience of the material world, and is used in initiation rituals as a symbol of rebirth.

source

It is an important symbol in the third degree, but as you see not in the way you believe. If you had actually read Coil or Mackey, you would've known that.

There's nothing "ungodly" about reflecting on your own death.

reply to post by jedimiller

Are you serious? Are you saying all these people murdered someone to get in? Funny, I've heard the same thing said about the Hells Angels.(at least in this case, it's a criminal organization)

Do you have anything to prove these allegations? (let me guess, Kris Millegan?)

[edit on 26/3/08 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23

It is an important symbol in the third degree, but as you see not in the way you believe. If you had actually read Coil or Mackey, you would've known that.

There's nothing "ungodly" about reflecting on your own death.

Indeed. The emblems of mortality are to remind the initiate that he himself is mortal, is rapidly approaching his own demise, and therefore should use what time he has wisely.

Are you serious? Are you saying all these people murdered someone to get in?

Can't say for sure, but I think he was joking.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
Do you have anything to prove these allegations? (let me guess, Kris Millegan?)
[edit on 26/3/08 by ConspiracyNut23]

Nope! I have no real evidence. it's just what I've heard. But I think it's common sense don't you?

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
Can't say for sure, but I think he was joking.

Ha, thanks.
(i can be a bit slow at times)

Sorry jedimiller, I'm just unfamiliar with your posting style. I guess the Bushes are certainly well-qualified for membership then.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I want to start by saying that it's not my intention or belief that The Illuminati have taken "many things from Masonry" in any negative way. I wasn't trying to associate them in that manner of speeking. I'm leaning more towards the area of organization and ritual in a sense. So don't take it in another direction. Weisshaupt spoke of the structureing of the degrees and it resembles Masonic degrees closely.

And though I do agree that the Bonesman are eccentric daddy's boys I think that there's a bit more to it than you like to believe. If not, why all the organization, networking, and secrecy? There is a goal to be had, just not one that the public is privy to. Masonry also has secrets, organization, networking (again no sinister comparison) yet there has always been a reason. First it was much of a lobor union, then a society for free thinkers, and now mostly for philanthropy. I don't mean to over simplify (just for arguments sake). Than what's the Bones goal? I mean these are the people that go on to run this country almost every time they become a member. Diligence is due! Now you don't have to agree with me but I know that something is a miss with that group.

And yes I know that the Mafia exists, my point was that the Mafia was spoken of for many years and never proven nor disproven. That's why I said, "niether did the Mafia" that was until they finaly proved it. As for the Illuminati the Bovarian Government Proved their existence long ago "Original Writings of the Order of the Illuminati". If you want to argue the notion of a modern day Illuminati I'll refer you to my statement about the Mafia. It's the same thing all over again it just has yet to be rediscovered.

As for the symbol of the skull and cross bones I'm sure that we are both correct in one area, that which deals with the idea of death and reflection on ones life. On the other hand there is another possibility that I would like you to entertain; Although I may be wrong, this is what I took from it. With respect I will u2u it. I'm not in the habbit of blatantly airing things of private nature.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
find the night they meet and see who goes in the side door. Set up a cam if need be on the door bars, cide box at front ddor. Learn about them when out of there. Tap their phones through phone box at dorms/homes etc (easy) Have people drop much false background to you but your trying to keep it hush their.

Become friends with current members..while above is going on.

Play it like a spy.
goto the island and snoop in the bldg.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Stop by and pick up an application, it's that easy. No seriously, hopefully you will get some u2u's but I doubt it, lol. How much money does daddy have? lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join