It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kill a real animal from you computer, wouldn't it be fun?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
www.local6.com...

Internet hunting has been an indirectly approach to killing game, it's easy as turning on your computer, pay a little cash, and playing a First-Person Shooter game, except in this one, the prey is alive. Many have doubted the moral aspects of this "sport", espicially the humane societies for animals. 34 states have already banned this practives.
We'll here I am in Florida, it's been 8 years and I just found out about this game. However, it's about to get banned.
I bet that 10 years later companies are going to mount defensive turrets with cameras around the middle east cities. Then people will pay $500 per magazine or something and shoot whatever they want.
We'll the chances of that happening wouldn't be very much I guess, but who knows?

[edit on 3-2-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

How long until the option to kill People comes along? VERY SCARY

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
how do they get the bullet from your keyboard to the animal .....its just that animals move around so the gun has to be chasing after it!
do you have a link?

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
When I first heard about this a few years ago I was absolutely horrified.

We humans are a bloodthirsty bunch. It's one thing to go hunting for food or for sport (even though I would never do either), but to press a button and kill something... Just because we can do something doesn't mean we should.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I am just floored by this news! It is so beyond what I can even understand. What can I do to help stop this atrocious carnage? I am so sorry for the poor animals, and for our planet as a whole with this type of unconsciousness. I really hope that the shifting of the earths axis does happen in the way my ET connections said it would, and when people like this find themselves living in a world filled with people a dimension or two below them, they will learn compassion real fast.
We are NOT separate! We ARE an organic whole.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Well said. In my mind it raises some "sport" issues and what is and isn't humane, when, where, and by whom. Here's a pic of a real good console that might have similar purposes to the network "shoot to kill" over IP services in your OP. Very insightful post.

By the way I do "hunt" most years... almost nobody shoots with guns anymore, me included. Oh, sure I blast off a few round out of a WWII vintage bolt action Lee-Enfield but... well it's a matter of choice most places. We just roam around the bush and get loaded after and play cards every night. I do shoot injured animals. People sometimes at night just hit them by accident "thud" and drive away, sometimes all the bashed-up animal can do is crawl off and suffer terribly.

Vic

[edit on 2-2-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I have hunted and will do it again but not from my computer thats just sad but imo there is nothing wrong with hunting the old fashoined way. I also only hunt stuff for food and how can you eat a kill you arent even around to collect its just a waste of good wildlife and I bet most actual hunters hate this.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Animals are typically penned on ranches and lured to a feeding station within range of a rifle mounted on a tripod. As the animal approaches, the desktop hunter uses the mouse to line up the crosshairs and then presses the button to fire. Guides at the game ranch can assist if the shot misses or fails to kill the animal.

Great white hunter, all right. Shooting penned animals while they're eating. That's impressive. Disgusting.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I personally dont hunt, but I have more respect for someone who hunts and takes responsibility for the death of the animal they kill than someone who happily buys meat in the store, and then acts morally outraged by the practice of hunting. (Those who buy meat in the store and do NOT pretend that hunters are a special kind of evil, please save the outrage, I am not talking about you.) Creating demand for meat by purchasing it makes you every bit the killer, albeit one step removed, that the hunter is. And if you have never been to a slaughter house, trust me, for the most part it is less humane over all than hunting is.

Dont watch this clip if you dont want to see what happens at the "hamburger" factory.

www.cnn.com...

This "remote" hunting is absolutely gutless though. Here are people who neither need or want the meat, or the connection to the environment, nor take the responsibility for dealing with the death of the animal in a "real" way like a conventional hunter does.

I have an idea. What if the people who wanted to participate in the hunt had their names put into a hat and drawn ostensibly to see who went "first" , and the "winner" got to play the part of the "prey." Now THAT might seem fair. I wonder if they would think it was so cool then? Might make a good movie too.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Can we please please have a scientologist/mormon/atheist hunt? I swear I'd pay good money. But I want to be able to use my digital joystick with flavo flav and chris angel doing auditory background. How cool is that. Oh man, madtv is killin me tonite, just watched angel doing the gay sylvester thing. LOL.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
This is strange. Never seen it before, but apparently they don't even know of anyone in Florida following this practice.

I wonder what happens behind the scenes, if it is sort of a slaughter house.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slickinfinity
I have hunted and will do it again but not from my computer thats just sad but imo there is nothing wrong with hunting the old fashoined way. I also only hunt stuff for food and how can you eat a kill you arent even around to collect its just a waste of good wildlife and I bet most actual hunters hate this.

Most of us are against people that hunt for fun, eg Fox hunting.
Not really people that hunt for food.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I hope that this does get banned. That ain't hunting. Its a way for, imho, lazy people to say "I killed this amazing buck", with out getting off their butts and actually doing the work itself. And by that I mean cleaning, checking in the deer, skinning, etc. Part of hunting is getting outside in the woods, even if its cold.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
This is a sick post beyond imagine. I tried to make light of it. Rollerball frying trees with laser, just for shts and giggles.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
It is pathetic, espicially when I found this website: LIVE-SHOT.COM
Ranked as a "COOL" site.
But there was a petition that took down this site.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Well I guess this shows the real "face of in-humanity".

It's so pathetic and disgusting. First they kill off a fenced in "prey" ohhh yah, they must feel like real big men now right? Then, they don't even want to be bothered with taking responsibility for the kill since they're doing it online... faceless b***ards.

To be honest, after seeing this and how chinese skin farmers skin LIVE animals for fur and then leave them to rot. I am actually starting to understand and appreciate why at least Native American hunters had a whole ritual for the animal they hunted down, basically their way of showing appreciation and respect for the animal giving its life and the hunter would make the promise that no part of the animal would be wasted. Don't believe me? Read up on the many MANY uses that they had for every part of the buffalo,

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
Kill a real animal from you computer, wouldn't it be fun
?

I wander,
You clearly find it funny that you looking forward to if possible, shoot animals from behind your computer right.
For me it is impossible to understand what on Earth can be so "funny" about such a disgusting possibility.

I bet that 10 years later companies are going to mount defensive turrets with cameras around the middle east cities. Then people will pay $500 per magazine or something and shoot whatever they want.
We'll the chances of that happening wouldn't be very much I guess, but who knows?

I wander,
Why do you naively think that it will be only in middle east cities then where “brave hunters” can shoot 10 years or more from now on something and shoot whatever they want?
Would you still find it “funny” if it becomes a reality in your city as well?
That a “brave hunter” sitting behind his computer in his pyjama’s can shoot your nose of or whatever if he pay’s enough?

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Sarcasm spacevistor sarcasm... Trust me, some things are just unimaginable.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
It isn't hunting if the hunter is not in contact with blood and guts.

Armchair killing is just absurd.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Sarcasm spacevisitor sarcasm...

Hi another_day, your absolute right, it is 100% sarcasm, no doubt about that.

Trust me, some things are just unimaginable.

Trust me, I now quit a bit of unimaginable things.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join