It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kill a real animal from you computer, wouldn't it be fun?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Another scary thought occurs to me: What if executions were carried out this way? It isn't as far fetched as it seems. The problem of who will be the executioner, who will live with this guilt has been an issure since executions began.

Firing squds have used blanks(supposedly) in some guns of the squad so no one would know who actually killed the condemned, thus absolving them all of guilt. With lethal injection, multiple IV's are set up, with only one having the poison. The multiple people touch buttons releasing the poison, nobody knowing who actually was responsible for the ensuing death.

The ultimate abolition of guilt would be to spread it out over the whole society. Instead of three buttons what if there were 3 million "buttons", and 3 million executioners only one of which's button actually commits the deed. With computer and internet technology this would be simple to arrange.

The WORLD just keeps getting scarier every minute.
Interesting times lay ahead folks....

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I never realized such atrocities of people profiting over the death of another life form would occur over the internet. First, the killing of a real animal from a computer is not supposed to be fun. It’s impersonal and quite frankly disgusting to know that the death may not be quick and decisive and that the injured may suffer a slow and painful death.

Second, the execution of an accused criminal from the internet is not morally right. There is no justice served when the accused has not had a fair trial by jury in the first place. Moreover, spreading the sense of guilt by having a bunch of ‘citizens’ act as executioner should not and does not compare to the likes of video games where anyone can pick and choose who lives and who dies.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I heard about this along time ago. Very, very pointless indeed.

However, set up several burnt out cars, old fridges etc on one of the ranges, have a mounted M60 connected to the Internet and.....

*Ponders possible idea*

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

It isn't hunting if the hunter is not in contact with blood and guts.

I concur with Jenkwater here. To me, it is a way to be with nature. I don't care if I kill a deer when I am out during deer season. I just like to be in the woods. Plus, the meat ain't shot full of hormones and dyes like the meat you get at the grocery store.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join