It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Multiple Victims Reported in Illinois Mall Shooting"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

\"Multiple Victims REported in Illinois Mall Shooting\"

www.foxnews.com

TINLEY PARK, Ill. — A shooting took place on Saturday at an Illinois shopping mall about 30 miles southwest of Chicago and there were multiple victims, MyFoxChicago.com reported.

More than a dozen ambulances were on the scene at the Harlem-Irving Plaza mall in Tinley Park and the shopping center was locked down, the station reported.

Five shots were fired at a Lane Bryant store at 191st Street and Harlem Avenue in Tinley Park, Deputy Clerk Laura Godette said. The incident occurred at 10:45 a.m. CT.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit; Fixed Title

[edit on 2/2/08 by FredT]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This doesn't look good. Anyone live around the area?

Mo out

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Here's just a little bit more:

www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I live about 35 minutes from Tinley Park. These mall shootings are getting too close for comfort.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
How often is this stuff happening now. This is the problem with easy access to weapons, and surely anyone with any brain could see that. Guns kill, period, not the other way round.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Sorry to read about another mall shooting. No wonder I stay away from them anyhow. Thanks for posting here.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Thoughts are with the families at the moment who are in limbo as to whether one of their own is safe.

Secondly this is one reason why im quite happy with UK gun laws. Yes the criminals get hold of them but we dont have issues like this too often where firearms are easier to obtain

keep us updated

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
My sister lives in Belvedere (sp?) not too sure how far from this mall.

This is just horrible. My heart and prayers go out to the families involved, including those poor people who are related to the shooter.

Seems that everyone has compassion for the families of those hurt but often forget the other innocent victims who are related to these killers.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Brains with human body containers initiate the killings. Guns do not have brains no matter how terrible the crime. If man wants to destroy man there are many ways of doing so. If a brain is disturbed who is in charge of that brain? I deplore what has taken place and pray that swift justice is done for the loss of life or injuries. Rik Riley

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Maybe if this kind of thing got zero press, there would be less of it happening. I know people will argue that gun control will solve the problem. I'm not going there.

If we stop giving these people a public venue that might be a good start.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalien
I live about 35 minutes from Tinley Park. These mall shootings are getting too close for comfort.

Yep. More will probably come. Then bombings.

Just look at the people who do these things though. Really look at them. They aren't normal civillians who go a little kooky. They are almost always blatantly 'wired' and act like people who have had their mind sucked out and replaced with a program.

Like the VTech shooter... the kid was the son of government agents. They tried to say his parents owned a laundry-mat
When reviewing the kids tapes and rantings and judging by his social behavior it's obvious he was messed with mentally. People are not just 'naturally' strange and dangerous. This is something the public has to wise up to, and fast.

Because as these mall shooters are named and brought out in public, they are going to be swept under the rug immediately to keep them from real inspection.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
If only one person had a Concealed Weapon this guy would have been dead after his first shot.

I blame slaves, a Citizen would have ended this situation just like all those before it.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by C0le]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I live seconds from the mall where this happened, in fact I can hear the helicopters looking for the guy as I'm typing this.

Apparently the guy is on the loose, in the subdivision I live in, very creepy. My family, friends, and I shop in that very store, hoping it's no one I know.

Hope they find him soon, was really hoping to go out today.

(Found this site looking for info on the shooting, VERY interesting site, definately going to keep me occupied for a while. )

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

i am against murder period.guns do make it easier to offend or defend------but knives are used in many murders also---probably more murders with knives than guns--not that i desire to be murdered but if someone was allowed by G-D to murder me---i'd sooner have my brains blown out and die quick than be cut up bad enough to bleed to death over a couple of hours while waiting to be found or rescued.

you would have to take away guns knives swords baseball bats rocks cars etc. etc. to rid the earth of possible weapons.

my own experiences have been that people driving cars and boats and snowmobiles have used them as a weapon to intimidate me to get out of their way(when i was doing nothing illegal) or die-- more so than others using weapons we consider more conventional.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by C0le

No, no, that makes too much sense, we need to government to take the guns away and in turn protect us. I will bow down before them if need be, just please all knowing government officials, save me.

I dont mean to sound cold, my thoughts and prayers go out to those hurt and their families. However here is a little more amunition for the gun grabbers. Sorry to the people that said guns should be done away with but you are *WRONG*! As stated if someone would have been excersising their constitutional right and had some give a damn for taking care of themselves this person could have been put down. But the great state of illinois is about as conducive to gun rights as Nazi germany. Which should show you idiots that in a state where guns are hard as hell for law abiding citizens to get, and CCW permits are not issued stuff like this still happens.

My gun goes with me everywhere, it is as important as taking my wallet with me. If something like this I would do whatever I could to stop it, police cant be everywhere, I would even help you mentally challenged people that think that gun control would work. Although maybe it would be wise for your gene pool to be dried up, you are already standing in the shallow end.

More guns in the hands of law abiding citizens equals less crime. If a criminal knows that people carry guns concealed he is going to change his tactics. That is why in states and areas that have high numbers of CCW permits there is more petty theft then violent crime. Doesnt that make sense to anyone? One would think if your brain was functioning properly you could see that. I am all for peace, but by god the day and age we live in I am not willing to let myself, my family, or some innocent person become a statistic to a violent crime.

You anti gun people just make me mad as hell, you are playing right into the hands of complete government control. Take a history class, look at what happens when brutal dictators take over a country, one of the first things that is done is disarming citizens. They are turned into slaves!

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2/3/2008 by JacKatMtn]

apc

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by C0le

Yup how much you wanna bet like all the other recent incidents this mall was a gun-free zone?

Like fish in a barrel.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by apc]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by rikriley

I have heard that argument so many times, but for me it does not do anything, but show your lack of understanding. We will have to agree to disagree.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Heh I've yet to see a Sign at my local mall but wouldn't be surprised to see one, then again in my state we are about as free as you can get with gun rights...

But with that said, when I go there I carry regardless, I think the old saying of I'd rather be judged by 12, then carried by 6 applies here...

Id say its a big yes on the gun free zone comment though...

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
How often is this stuff happening now. This is the problem with easy access to weapons, and surely anyone with any brain could see that. Guns kill, period, not the other way round.

I have dozens of guns and am greatly outnumbered, Please excuse me while I go curl up in a corner in the fetal position waiting for them to attack...

oh sht... one of the AK's is giving me a look....

[edit on 2-2-2008 by C0le]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Reimi

Please take care, Let us know if you hear anything, Im sure this horrible event will affect your area,

Stay safe!

And thanks for joining

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join