It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA to Beam Beatles Song into Space

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is the best forum for this post, but it doesn't really relate directly to aliens/UFOs and I'll leave the conspiracy angle up to you to figure out:

ap.google.com...

I'm a bit new around here and haven't figured out how to do the "quote from external source" thing, but you can dig the link yourself. The gist of it is that the Beatles song "Across the Universe" will literally be sent across the universe via some deep space beaming technology.

Obviously, the Beatles (among many other classic rockers) do crop up in conspiracy theories regularly. I won't dissect this issue, but it seems interesting in light of recent UFO sightings, asteroid encounters, etc. Our collective eyes have been on the sky lately, and so I wonder about the timing of this announcements.

Crowley was one of the individuals featured on the Sgt. Pepper cover. Crowley is also known for communicating with a non-human entity named Aiwass. The sketch he left of this being is suspiciously similar to the image of the Greys that would come to dominate popular culture decades later.

That's just the first Beatles connection that comes to mind. I'm sure some of you all are aware of many more. I'm not trying to draw any conclusions here myself, but I thought I would share this news item and some brief thoughts.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Never thought it was a good idea to advertise our presence here til we could deal with a higher on the tech totem pole race.
Seems to me like a REAL bad idea as fiction has shown us the possiblities.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
We're already broadcasting bunches of radio signals/television signals into space anyway. NASA is doing this intentionally, though...

so right after whoever's out there watches some I Love Lucy, they'll get to hear the Beatles.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nathan_p

Actually they think they figured out the signal degrades as it gets farther out.
If they are right it doesn't even reach the cloest star before degrading into noise.

It was on a neat documentary called "Life after People".
About how pretty much nothing we leave behind will really last.

[edit on 1-2-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
i hope it works!

in a few years, ET might beam us back music and tv shows from their homeworld.

It will be received by nasa, bought by FOX, have Microsoft drm added, sold to sky, cut up into bite-sized portions, with cosmic offers from the local supermarket inter-spiced every 15 min, and repeated every christmas, oh and the HD/blueray (or should that be bluebeam) version is on its way!

Unfortunately if you don't have sky, it wont be available to free-view customers until 2012

bu""er it, ill just download it.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 2ciewan

Or they will say here is something to destroy.
Or they will say here is something to subjigate.
Or they will say (put your choice here).

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Heh cool! Clever idea to send subliminals into the subconscious of our celestial neighbours!

Alien 1: "I have a sudden urge, to consume something called Coca-Cola. I have to get it from the humans!!"
Alien 2: "You're just delusional again, you need to take your monthly anti-psychotic injection, here we go again with the supposed human invasion again...."

Thx

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
NASA is part of the United States government. Why in the world would NASA beam into outer space a song played by a bunch of guys from the UK???!!! I would have preferred folk music, even the blues.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

nah, don't worry. it'll take them a few hundred years to get the songs...then they'll have to figure out the point of origin and get here
we'll have time.

and who knows what kind of aliens will get the message?
maybe they'll come here en masse to hear our music and consider us the greatest musicians ever, idolizing us.

reply to post by pikypiky

maybe it's because the beatles are the biggest band in history...

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Did it say which song they were going to beam?

Revolution Number 9, so they can hear the backmasking.

Turn me on, dead man.

They're sitting up in space smoking their space "tobacco", and one of them is like

"Hey man, let's play it Backwards!"

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by indierockalien

Here you go... I like the line "nothing's gonna change my world".

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I think the interesting part in view of all the anti-nasa conspiracy talk over the years, is that they choose to beam songs out that come from an anti-establishment band

Maybe that's how they trap peaceful civilations who pick it up. Nice friendly bait and then snatch it with their claws when it comes near enough so they can back engineer a little further...

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

Whoa, I learned something today. (Scooby-Doo lied to me!
] Thanks.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by nathan_p]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
don't let the RIAA or PRS hear about this.

ET will get the transmission, and 42 seconds later the lawsuit for ET's granny for downloading illegally.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
So NASA spends billions of taxpayers money to advance us technologically and they decide to send music into space?

I wonder how much they pay the guy that came up with this concept.

Actually they probably had a committee study this for over a year.

I think I could work for NASA if this is any indication of their forward
thinking projects.

Here's one from me NASA. No charge!

Let's get back to space exploration. Remember the MOON?

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The new PR dude at NASA is "friends of 43"; a transplant from another "department" that had trouble just as he was being moved laterally... funny, that song has been in space since the first AM broadcast in spring 1970 - those radio signals have a 38 year leg-up on NASA... so this really is a politically motivated PR gesture IMHO.

Cheers,

Vic

[edit on 2-2-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
The new PR dude at NASA is "friends of 43"; a transplant from another "department" that had trouble just as he was being moved laterally... funny, that song has been in space since the first AM broadcast in spring 1970 - those radio signals have a 38 year leg-up on NASA... so this really is a politically motivated PR gesture IMHO.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by V Kaminski]

I see what you mean Vic, but for what reason. If NASA wanted to show how hip they were, wouldn't they send up a Disturbed video.

I think they just have so much money, no direction, staff just stroking the monkey, that they come up with these lame project just to kill time.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Maybe they should play out the song "happiness is a warm gun"

Seems to be the theme these days.

Might help with the effectiveness of the meds they want to give the soldiers to eliminate their conscience.

I feel so sad for the soldiers of wars who are doing what they feel is their duty to this country and the lives of their families and their own mental health if for ever effected. It would be different if they were truly protecting freedom and the families of americans, sadley I don't think this is the case.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

whaaa I couldn't agree more.
Kill time.

"Life is what happens to you while you are busy doing something else.", John Lennon.

NASA's new look website is junk in IMHO. The old one was many times more functional and not so many "happy shiney people" articles and features. They swiped the "ATS through the lens darkly" look but didn't get it right. Watched NASA-TV lately? VERY managed now, very. Hyper-patriotic the last 6 months or so... NASA 50? 50 cents on the dollar. I used to really be all pro-NASA and stuff. I still like a great deal. It isn't.

Vic

[edit on 3-2-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
! I would have preferred folk music, even the blues.

I most certainly concur.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join