It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul has no hope, who will you REALISTICALLY vote for?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
95% of the people i talk to about the upcoming election have NO IDEA who Ron Paul is! I try to explain why he is a good choice but most people just think he can't be any good since they never heard of him. By now its old news that the media doesn't want anyone to know about Ron Paul. Because of this, it is most likely that voting for Ron Paul will be wasting your vote. I really don't expect a Ron Paul button to even be there by the time I am in the booth. So, I think it is time that we start looking to vote for a more realistic candidate when it comes time to vote. Almost like a second choice.

I personally think Obama seems like a good choice and actually seems like a genuine 'good guy'. Hillary Clinton annoys me to no end, her voice cuts through me, I am not sure if I would be able to tolerate her in the White House. Who is your candidate second to Ron Paul?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
As a Canadian, I'm not voting in your election.

But if I were, I would write in Ron Paul's name if I had to do so.

All of these declarations that he cannot win are just so much COINTELPRO.

Merci.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

I've always voted in a booth with switches to flick for each persons name. There was never a choice to 'write in' a vote.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
There is always a choice to write-in. Ask the poll workers. Ron Paul won't get the Republican nomination (who'd want it really) but I'm willing to bet that come November he WILL be on the ballot.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

ron paul really can't win.... it's not cointelpro, it's just common sense.
and that makes me happy. ron paul isn't a good candidate for america in any way at all

anyway, i'll substitute "ron paul" for my preferred no-chance candidate, kucinich.
i'll vote obama instead. he seems to be a genuine leader and i like his policies to boot.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I'll vote for the antithesis of Ron Paul.
Someone so liberal, that he/she bleeds other peoples money.

so, I'm thinking McCain, or Hillary. This country will deserve it, for allowing the worst case of media manipulation in recent history, take place right under their noses.

National welfare, international welfare..Makes no difference to my wallet, or yours.

The only candidate that is offering something different may be completely overlooked. Dems are offering nothing..GOP is offering next to nothing.

We're screwed and we're doing it to ourselves.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
You know what is funny to me?

In all of the meetings, all of the political "Stomps" and all of the campaign rallies I have been attending, I have NEVER met anyone that did NOT know of Ron Paul.

All you keep saying is that no one has heard of him. Yet I am INCREDIBLY active politically, and never, NOT ONE TIME, have I ever shook the hand of someone, discussed the current campaign and had them NOT know who Paul was.

Now unless these people you speak of are hiding under a rock somewhere, I would love to know where all these people are that are ignorant of any one of the presidential candidates...

People know who he is and what he stands for.

It's quite simple, the losers always complain and this is your excuse for him not bing popular. You can't just accept that he is not popular because he must be right? He supports what you do, therefor he MUST be right... Well that kind of thinking just makes for excuses and bad numbers.

People know Ron Paul. The majority do not like or support him or his views. That is obvious and no amount of excuse making or crying is going to change that.

He is not going to be President in 2008. That is a fact and it is NOT because of some lack of a few minute in a debate, it is because people do not agree with you or him and face it, the major majority of the United States is NOT wrong and you right. Simple..

My Candidate is currently behind. If he loses, he loses and the people have spoken. I'm not going to cry that he was a Mormon and therefor was unfairly treated. If he loses, he loses.

I don't care for McCain, but if the American People choose him, then so be it. Does not mean they are all stupid, or uninformed or anything else. They just think differently than me. Not wrong, or right, just different.

Semper

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Mods

This is a dupe of this thread read my opening post.

www.abovepolitics.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Semper,

Of Course politically active people know who Ron Paul is. He's a candidate in the race. Politically active people know all the players.
Folks who have been active for a long time are also stubborn. They cling to a candidate that is "close enough for government work". They have their favorite in the race. And if he loses, they go home. Better luck next time. Thats because not much will change, one way or another.

I meet people every day, every single day, who know next to nothing of the man. So, I tell them how to find out more. Or, I tell them myself. Those are the semi-politically active people. They deserve to know too.

It's just baloney, that everyone has heard of the guy. If they had, my voice wouldn't be worn out from talking.

This guy deserves to be heard. He deserves respect for getting up there and saying the things he says, whether you agree with them, or not.

McCain says nothing, Romney says nothing, they bicker over semantics.
Then, they skim over reality.

Remember that part of Bin Ladens plan was to BANKRUPT the United States?
Which candidate might keep that from happening?

100 year war McCain? nope.

How about a guy that wants to chase those "tomato seeds on a plate", called Al-qaeda? Romney. Nope, he leaves it open ended too. He's Bushlike, in that respect. See for yourself:

So, I vote for Paul, or nobody in particular.

Right now, it's about an election. When that's over, we're continuing.
A lot of people are sick of sending their hard earned money, their sons and daughters, to a government that squanders both.

We're going all the way to a brokered convention.

Which of Ron's policies do you disagree with, the most?

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I'm writing Paul in if I have to. This year I feel that voting for anyone else would be far worse than not voting at all.

I don't want to have any part in a Romney, McCain, Clinton or Obama presidency.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

I hear you spaced. I talk to people all the time who know nothing about Ron Paul. Educated people. They're obviously not politically active but they DO vote. So I keep hearing this 'everyone-knows-who-he-is-but-no-one-likes-him' and am baffled. Also, on the 'he-has-no-chance' front, it's a long, long way to the election folks. Screw the primaries.

So for the 'major' candidates you have 'bomb Iran' McCain and 'GWB is a hero' Romney. Oooooh Kaaaay

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
He's opening up to a third party run:

If he doesn't do well in the early primaries, Paul said he would re-evaluate his Republican bid and the possibility of a third-party run depending on how he does in the contests on Super Tuesday, Feb. 5. Source

For all the (D)'s who hate Hillary and all the (R)'s who hate McCain having a third party Paul would be a pretty nice option. Not winning the nomination could actually increase his chances of winning the presidency.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I've thought this all along TGRH. I just hope he thinks long and hard about any party with which he decides to align. There are alot of dangers lying out in the fringe. Personally, I'd rather see him run as an Independent.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
You know what is funny to me?

Now unless these people you speak of are hiding under a rock somewhere, I would love to know where all these people are that are ignorant of any one of the presidential candidates...

Semper

These people i speak of are ordinary working people fresh from college, who will most likely vote. The average American does not know who Ron Paul is. Maybe people who are involved with politics do.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I'm not US citizen either, but I wish I could vote since that would just be justified as yer blasted yankee government poses so much influence in world.

Everybody knows who Ron Paul is! Vote for Hillary.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
It's either Ron Paul or I don't vote.
I'm tired of hearing the other republican candidate say they want a smaller government and more tax cuts but then they say they want to increase size of the military which is part of the government so that's increasing the size of government right. So that means more people + more equipment = needing more money and there goes their tax cuts unless they plan on borrowing more money from communist China.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I'm not the kind of person to tow the line. I'm voting for
RON PAUL !!!

I encourage everyone else to vote for him and tell all your friends and family about his platform.

He's our best chance to re-instate our Constitution.

When you say we should realistically choose someone else, you are doing 2 things:
1. Creating a self fulfilling prophecy.
2. Allowing someone else to cast your vote for you.

He may or may not win but at least I can say I did the right thing by voting for him and not compromising my beliefs.

It's my vote and I decide how it's used. If everyone else thinks this way, Ron Paul can get elected.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
No hope?

It's only Sunday, Febuary 3rd.

Super Tuesday is upon, with a lot of the States casting there nods. And Paul, despite the final four bs, is still there.

Write in or not, my vote will go for Dr. Paul.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
This is the beginning folks. It begins here, name recognition starts building and in 2012 he'll be a great candidate. More organization, raising money like he has, and hitting the trails hard he quite possibly can be a sure nominee next go around.

But, as always, time is the great enemy so let's not get ahead of ourselves and stick to things as they happen

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Frankly, all of the candidates with the exception of Ron Paul remind me of that one South Park episode where Stan refuses to vote in his school mascot elections because he said it was like voting between a "douche" and a "turd." No matter who you vote for, it's going to come down to choosing between Lying Politician #1 and Lying Politician #2. I'm sick of the whole lot of them. I loved Fred Thompson and was supporting him all the way until he fell by the wayside and dropped out of the race.

[edit on 2/4/2008 by AshleyD]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join