It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two new UFO TV shows Debut Tonight

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Weak!!!

Both shows were not interesting. I really do hope that they improve so that they wont get cancelled.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Yeah, man. Where's the "startling new smoking gun evidence?" Oh, I see. There ain't any. Digging, talking, more video of little specks of light in the sky. Same unsatisfying thing we always end up with. I guess that means the sun will rise on the same old world again tomorrown morning. These cheap reality shows have failed to turn it upside down.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
The best part was the History Channel's UFO Hunters commercial during the Sci Fi's show, priceless!

I liked the Sci Fi one better, but time will tell who the real winner will be.

I think the NJ case is the real deal. I had not seen that video before, but it looked similar to the video those 2 girls shot and put on ATS recently. And the radar data that they recovered is hard to pass off!

[edit on 30-1-2008 by Grey Basket]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by EclipseReloaded

If it was a matter of who aired first, it is history channel. Looking at the cable listings Tuesday for the Wednesday line up, no where is UFO hunter listed on sci-fi but they are adverting it will be shown 10/9 pm central.

6am Wednesday morning history channel airs the UFO hunter 15 hours before the advertised listing the show will be shown. I know this because I watched it and it was listed as modern marvels to hide the one up..

My opinion on both shows was a little disappointing.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

You expected "smoking gun evidence?" No wonder you were disappointed. If there had been some kind of Wow evidence that would shake the world as we know it, you and I would not be posting replies on a website.

The Sci-Fi Channel's show was far more interesting to me. The Carteret case is intriguing. There is video footage shot by a cop, multiple credible witnesses (including a priest, police captain and business owner) and a surreptiously procured FAA report confirming multiple objects fly, turning and stopping at speeds that would kill people. The priest described the object being about a 1000 feet across. Damn.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I thought the UFO Hunter show on the History Channel was interesting. That is only because I grew up on Vashon Island, which Maury Island is attached. I have spent lots of time at all of the places they showed. Other than that, nothing too exciting.

[edit on 1/31/2008 by evil gnome]

[edit on 1/31/2008 by evil gnome]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I just watched History Channel's UFO Hunters. Man oh man IT WAS A JOKE. Soooo bad! It represented everything everyone has come to associate with UFO stories... cheezy graphics, lame hosts, flashy editing to make it "feel hip", totally circumstantial evidence. The first half of the episode was about Alien debris (literally alien poo-poo) dropping on an unsuspecting ship (a boat) that killed a dog that was onboard some 40 years ago. I couldn't make something like that up! Why is this worthy?!??!?! What a shame, I was looking forward to this series too. I taped Sci-Fi's version and just watched that too. Not much better, but it was a little bit. Brother. Why do these networks churn out the same gimmicky stuff when they SHOULD know that the very audience they're attempting to appeal to will be turned off. I don't think they think much of us when they do this. They should take a cue from TRUE documentaries like OUT OF THE BLUE and CAPTURING THE LIGHT that give credence to this phenomenon. My grade, F, for History Channel's UFO Hunters and a C- for Sci-Fi's.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Sci Fi...1st half hour investigation I was pretty bored with. 2nd half hour investigation much better because of the video and size of the UFO. They need to trim more of the Ghost Hunter feel out of it and come up with their own style otherwise they'll stagnate. Not as scientific as the History channel but the last story was entertaining. Grade B

History...good investigation and good science, but spending one day (if that) with one guy looking for UFO slag, that looks like a rock, underwater is ridiculous. I'm pretty sure they figured that plane was their best shot at finding anything. The show had an interesting start but it grinded to a slow death. Grade C

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by spooker

That's a funny stance. You do realize that making it hip and flashy means it might actually stay on the air because mainstream people will watch it. And it helps us not to fall asleep watching them do boring stuff.

Do you think Out of the Blue really hit mainstream or that it sold millions of copies?

And the cases covered were definitely interesting to me. That's physical evidence they were looking for.

[edit on 31-1-2008 by Grey Basket]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Basket

OUT OF THE BLUE has been quite successful. So much so that there is a current version being worked on that is to be released theatrically, just heard the producer in an interview stating so.

I hear your point, but I don't think making it flashy with corny graphics makes it more appealing to the mainstream. And if it's to "get thru the boring stuff so you don't fall asleep" then is it really helping matters any in a field that is already ridiculed to death. They searched for alien poop for crying out loud! So yeah, OUT OF THE BLUE and CAPTURING THE LIGHT do much more for the subject matter regardless that they may not be selling millions of dvds or are not or on TV. Being on TV doesn't make it better (see UFO Hunters, both of 'em). Quite honestly I think it's up to us to help make the more credible films rise to the top. Case in point, OUT OF THE BLUE, because of its popularity it may wind up in a theater near you.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I taped one and watched the other also.
I thought that the History Channel one was a disaster. First, he started off by saying that they had new evidence on the case, and then switch to the site, where they investigate and basically find nothing. Dishonest, in my opinion.
The Sci-Fi one was somewhat better. The first 30 minutes was not too good, but the Carteret part was interesting, and I liked the fact that they showed the interviews. That was an impressive case.
I do agree with most of you that if something big happens, it'll show up somewhere else first though.
I'd give the Sci-Fi show a B, and the History channel one a D-.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Conspiracy Theory With Jesse Ventura

10:00 PM, TRUTV

The always-opinionated former wrestler and governor is back for a third season of his truth-seeking ways. This time he's joined by his son, Tyrel Ventura, and Sean Stone, son of filmmaker Oliver Stone.

next new episode

"Untitled"
NEW!

Lizard-like shape shifting humanoids; Jesse finds himself face to face with an infamous personality who has spread the gospel of the Reptilian Conspiracy far and wide.

Airs:

WED 11/7 TRUTV Time & channel not available

Hey, just thought I'd remind every-one of youse guys and girls (and women mmm.) that its back!!!!

ruff

top topics

<< 1   >>

join