It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two new UFO TV shows Debut Tonight

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
***Two UFO TV shows Debut Tonight***

www.realitytvworld.com...
History and Sci Fi move dueling 'UFO Hunters' debuts to Jan. 30

By Christopher Rocchio, 01/29/2008/Realityworld.com

So much for the possibility that The History Channel or Sci Fi Channel might "blink" and back away from their plans to premiere different reality programs with the same UFO Hunters name and subject matter on the same night in the same time period.

It's unclear which network made the first move, but in what appears to be a game of trademark chess aimed at ensuring neither show can claim to have aired before the other, The History Channel and Sci Fi Channel have both announced plans to move the debuts their UFO Hunters programs up a week.

Both networks' UFO Hunters reality series-- which were previously scheduled to premiere Wednesday, February 6 at 10PM ET/PT -- will now debut Wednesday, January 30 at 10PM ET/PT.

As previously reported, The History Channel's UFO Hunters will follow a team from UFO Magazine as they investigate UFO cases in North America and Europe while Sci Fi Channel's UFO Hunters will follow a team from the New York Strange Phenomena Investigators organization investigating their own set of UFO cases.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[edit: added external source tags]
Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
ALSO:

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

mod edit: removed extra characters from title

[edit on 1/30/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by EclipseReloaded

Thanks for the reminder...star for you.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
So both shows are different but have the same show name and debute at the same time on 2 different channels?

I'll be watching the History Channel show for sure tonight at 10pm. I guess I might flip over to the Sci-Fi channel too.

Thanks for the reminder.

www.scifi.com...

www.history.com...

[edit on 30-1-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
good thing i have the dvr. i'll watch one and record the other so i can decide which one (if either) is worth watching. i have a feeling it's going to be all crop circle investigations and recordings of pinpoint lights in the sky. i'll be surprised if it's anything new but it could still be interesting or entertaining.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by EclipseReloaded

Wow... thanks for sharing this news... i will mark my calendar
hope this channel also provide some gadget knowledge like the camera resolution to be used, telescope, best weather to hunt...

i will look forward for these

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Good entertainment, no doubt, but they will not have anything mind blowing to reveal.....something mind blowing in this field of study would truly not wait for some TV show to air, lol.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Man they are really promoting this show! I've seen the commercial for the History channel show while watching the History channel, which is underdstandable, but now I've seen it on AMC and on Comedy Central during The Daily Show...or "A Daily Show" as they're calling it
. I just heard another commercial on Sirius while listening to Howard Stern.

The History Channel has aired programs about UFO's before but I dont remember seeing this much advertising. Is it because Sci Fi and History are competing for viewers or more of a prep for disclosure....a very long and drawn out disclosure?

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I have created Wikipedia pages for both:
The History Channel: en.wikipedia.org...

The Sci Fi Channel: en.wikipedia.org...

I also have most of the UFO Files page done: en.wikipedia.org...

Feel free to chip in!

[edit on 30-1-2008 by Grey Basket]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I already had my dvr to record the History channel show, so after reading this thread earlier, I went to set the dvr to record the sci-fi channel show, it wasn't listed as showing tonight. I'll check later to see if it was added.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by saturnsrings

I noticed that too. They have a listing of Ghosthunters at that time, but I'm still going to record it. Remember it was moved up a week, so the guide info may not be updated.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
And for those of us not in the States, if someone could find the time to 'youtube' the shows that would be, oh so kind;-)

Appreciate it.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
.....something mind blowing in this field of study would truly not wait for some TV show to air, lol.

I agree with you that when something major happens it will not be shown on the Hist. or SciFi channels, however, I think that the increasing media saturation over the past few years, and even the last month is nothing short of a positive thing.

Here's what I'd like to see covered on the Hist. channel (sorry scifi):
A collaberation w/ mufon regarding the recent Texas incident(s) with the purpose of compiling all of the evidence collected.

Here's what I don't want to see covered: RODS

[edit on 30-1-2008 by hsur2112]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The program description for the UFO Hunters show on the History Channel says it's about an Air Force team whose plane crashes while investigating a Washington state UFO that occurred a week before the Roswell crash in 1947. Sounds interesting...

What sux is that shows I'm interested in always seem to air at the same time. I guess Sci Fi Channel will repeat theirs again this week probably.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Basket

Good job on the Wikipedia pages Grey Basket!
They were very informative.
I look forward to watching both of these shows tonight thanks to my trusty DVR.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
After the History Channel's UFO Hunter's show tonight, they're airing a repeat of the Col. Phillip Corso show on his time at the Pentagon back engineering Roswell recovered items.

Col. Phillip Corso wrote the best seller: "The Day After Roswell," which is a great detailed account of his experiences.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Just another reminder to check these TV shows out tonight.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I just checked my Directv guide, and History channel has it on at 8:00pm, and the Sci-fi has it at 10:00pm, so I set reminders for both.

I'm on Arizona time.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by seawolf197]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Good lookin out there! I had the History Channel one marked for recording, did not even realize there was a Sci Fi one too! Although I do remember thinking something strange about seeing advertisements on 2 different channels. Star for you!

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
Good lookin out there! I had the History Channel one marked for recording, did not even realize there was a Sci Fi one too! Although I do remember thinking something strange about seeing advertisements on 2 different channels. Star for you!

Thanks man

Set your DVRs.....

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The UFO sighting over Washington state with the slag debris was new to me and intriguing. This new History Channel series is very good in that it is studied with scientists comprehensively.

Hard to believe that there still was B-52 crash debris still to be found sixty years later after a massive military cleanup.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join