It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vt. town to vote on Bush arrest

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
If we don't hold those accountable for their crimes, then we HAVE NO FUTURE.

That's just it. There's no crime! In order to convict it has to be proven that Bush and Co. knowingly lied under oath and they have reams of documents that support what they said from intelligence agencies around the world. It's stupid to try to drag a man down on his way out when it's quite obvious to anybody with an ounce of legal sense that this is a complete waste of time and money.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by palehorse23
What country are you living in my friend?

The finest country in the world.

The country other countries all wish they could be.

The country people flee to rather than away from.

The country I'm proud to say is mine.

The United States of America.

You should try that sometime; being proud of your country. You'll get alot farther in life.

Your pal,
Meat.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by palehorse23
Here's an idea. I have never heard of this before, but I am wondering why more towns are not doing this.
[edit on 1/28/2008 by palehorse23]

Perhaps because this is not how you legally indict someone.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I say Kudos to the town. Even though there is no legal basis for what they are doing, their act sends an effective message. For one thing it shows the rest of the world that there are decent and rational people in the US who object to George Bush just as much as the rest of the world does. This message can be amplified if other towns follow suit.

For another thing you punish George Bush. While Congress may not have the votes or the backbone to impeach Bush, the Vermont town and others like it can officially register their disgust with Bush and officially tarnish his resume. If enough towns are on board, Bush may possibly be arrested. Even though such an arrest will ultimately be unconsitutional and he will be set free, it would be intersting to see some sherriff in some town have the chutzpah to arrest Bush, put him in cuffs, take his mug shot, and lock him in a cell for a while with a 400 lb. biker.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I can't believe this hasn't happened in all the years Bush has been driving this country into the ground.

Hey, why not take it a step further. Take out all the Democrats AND Republicans and start a fresh election with average civilians running on an equal platform, than we will be free to eliminate all the dirtbags in office in every position and replace them with fresh faces.

The best government should have a revolving door. We've had chickenhawks and parasites 'running' this nation for too long. Arresting Bush and Co. would be the tip of the iceberg for the changes that are needed.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
I say Kudos to the town.

I concur. It takes a great deal of courage to stand up in front of the world and admit you've got a problem like ignorance of the law. Good on them. I hope that they get the help they need.

In the meantime, I do have a bridge I'd like to see if they'll buy...

Your pal,
Meat.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join