It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to see ghosts? Old insane asylum.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Well first, I live in Minnesota and work at a Regional Treatment Center for the Criminally Insane. This is a place with well over a hundred years of history of which a lot is bad. There are many buildings on the 400+ acre site that date back into the 1800's. There is one building in particular that was the original building that housed the residents of this facility. This building was built in 1886 I believe and was home to as many as 500 people. There were many deaths at this place and many of them were not natural deaths. There was also a lot of so called torture back in the day and just many bad things that happened to these people. This place is on Minnesota top ten most haunted places and yet I have not seen or experienced anything unusual. Some of my co-workers say they have heard voices in the tunnels below the buildings, screams, and doors opening and shutting. The most recent was from one of my co-workers who works the night shift with me and he said he heard loud scratching noises coming from inside a closet that was locked and he could not get into. This guy did not lie to me about this, he is very skeptical of anything paranormal and usually finds a reason to excuse everything but this frightened him and he could not explain it.

There was another guy I use to work with who has since moved to a different work area who practices Wicca. This guy would always tell me he can feel different spirits in the various buildings throughout campus but has never seen anything just like me.

What does it take to actually see a spirit or ghost? There is definitely something is these buildings because I can feel it but I wish I could see something to prove it. I always think I see things moving out of the corner of my eye but I always think im just imagining it. What do I do?

Also, there is a cemetery on the grounds that has about 2000 people. Nothing to report there but very interesting and creepy.

This is a picture of the main building.

Edit: fixed display of pic [khunmoon, moderator]

[edit on 27-1-2008 by bakednutz]

[edit on 4/2/2008 by khunmoon]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
There is not a real how to experience. I feel it happens by chance or that you're open to the experience. Hard to describe, I presume.

My family owns a large home outside of Tuscaloosa that was built in 1901. When I would come in stay there is a room on the top floor which I would commonly see smoke and a ghost of a male character at night. It was odd seeing as there is not a door to the bathroom that connects to the room, and the smoke would roll through into my room. The only time I seen him he had a pipe in his right hand and would be blowing the smoke into my room.

In total I've seen two ghosts in the house, but neither are frightening, they are just present, you know?

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I understand that you can get results sometimes by verbally asking the entity to appear to you.I would advise that you think this over carefully before trying,as you may not like what you see.I have also been told that after you open this door,it's hard to close up again.Make sure you want what you ask for.Not all spirits are kind,some don't like being disturbed.Hope this helps

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
imo, you're more likely to "feel" a spirit than "see" a spirit. I think you can only see the spirits if they want you to see them. You can try asking the spirit to try to make itself known to you... but whether that will work or not is up in the air.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
imo, you're more likely to "feel" a spirit than "see" a spirit. I think you can only see the spirits if they want you to see them. You can try asking the spirit to try to make itself known to you... but whether that will work or not is up in the air.

I am going to have to agree completely with worldwatcher here. You can't make something happen, it will occur only if the spirit wants to be seen. That terribly cliched saying of you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink springs to mind.

Sidewinder216 also has a great point in that you might want to think about it before actually opening yourself up for something like this. Most old aslyums hold lots of deep dark secrets and I would imagine that the images, feelings and things that are associated with them are just as deep and dark as the secrets.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I think this falls into the saying be careful what you wish for; you might get it. Most likely what you see out of the corner of your eye is real so to speak and not a figment of your imagination.

My best advice is to leave well enough alone I'd be willing to bet the spirits there will not be overly friendly.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I agree with all of you. I have not really decided if I want to see something just yet. I think I want to but there is another part of me that says no you dont. The spirits that inhabit this place are probably not the most friendly considering what they have probably gone through. I think I need some more time to think about this. If anyone else has any advice please post.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I live in Thailand and I don't think there are anywhere more phi-phi, ghosts to be found than is this country, because pratically everybody believes in them, and use them to explain all kinds of thing that goes wrong in their personal lives. And they use them for sorcery to gain whatever they desire (and it's pretty often the ill of others), in fact it's a whole industry here.

However, I have yet to meet any who convincingly have seen a ghost. Sure you can feel presence of 'something', and it's not always 'nice'.

Personally I think, what we call spirits or ghosts, are some electrical phenomenon that's left when we die and the soul leaves the body. For some the temptation to stay is greater than the attraction of infinity, the universe.

Well, it's just my personal believe.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Well the thing about seeing ghosts is, or anything else of that sort for that matter. Is that we see them all the time on a regular basis, we just usually choose to ignore them. So if you're looking for them it should come quite easily, you just have to pay more attention of for lack of a better explaination "Stay open".

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Maybe you've just not been in the right place at the right time? But like gallopinghordes said, becareful what you wish for because at that place, they're probably not nice.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Ancient civilizations (and some modern ones) believed that those "touched in the head" had paranormal powers.What do the Patients say? Do they report anything abnormal? If they do, does anybody listen?

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Im not sure what the pts say. I do not actually have direct contact with them. Most of them have various mental illnesses though so im sure they say something but nothing I have heard directly from them. Some of the staff though have claimed to hear screams coming from some of the tunnels and even the sound of someone laughing near by when no one was there.

[edit on 18-2-2008 by bakednutz]

new topics

top topics

join