It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keith Laney 'Ferrets" out a Rat on Mars

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Zorgon, man, I thought your evidence standards were a bit higher than that, I mean, one side of it looks slightly like a rat's head but it's completely plain that it's rock. That pole-dancing link you posted the other day is what you call evidence (thanks for that
)

I'm quite fascinated by this one though (I know there's a thread about it here somewhere)>>> www.dailymail.co.uk... , this one's a lot harder to explain away.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by Corum]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DogHead
Yes. It's a way to farm responses in a thread he knows will attract the rational people, who will jump on this nonsense like a weightwatcher on a Twinkie.

Are there are any COLOR pictures showing this rat or others like it???

Ah well I see the Lemmings have all gathered...

First of all the "Rat" is Keith Laney's discovery....

And if anyone had bothered to actually study the page he created on it you might get more out of it... I know this is too much to expect but hey

Now correct me if I am wrong... but I understood Keith was a respected researcher... and HAS worked for NASA cataloging the pictures and as a result has a vault full of really great images

On the Pathfinder or Ratfinder page Keith makes this comment...

The key to evidencing that there are living creatures in the images from Mars
would be to find two different views of the same area showing movement.

What he is talking about is that he has a second view of the same rock and the "rat" is now gone...

Here is his animation...

Now I took the time to detail this a little, and here are the results...

So whether you like it or not... its an interesting find...

And to comments like the brilliant Mr Penny trying to be funny about the spelling of Bullitt... well comments like that rank with the best that youtube posters have to offer... perhaps you would be happier over there
, because from now on posts like that merely get my iggy finger itching

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corum
Zorgon, man, I thought your evidence standards were a bit higher than that,

And I though ATS'ers took a little more time to explore the evidence before making wise cracks
I suppose I picked this one as a test of opinion... because I wanted to see what people had to say about Keith... I can see I was not disappointed by the 'regulars'

I'm quite fascinated by this one though (I know there's a thread about it here somewhere)>>>

Yes there is and its one that has even made Fox News.... LOL Main stream attention for another "rock" I am still trying to find the regular images of that region to see if that 'figure' is in the other angles... because if its NOT... well....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Cool!

Thanks for the direct link!

So the rat-thing scarfed down the White Castle burger and split!!

Mmmmm.....White Castle!

I'm gonna go eat dinner!

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
And to comments like the brilliant Mr Penny trying to be funny about the spelling of Bullitt... well comments like that rank with the best that youtube posters have to offer...

Yes, your favorite perjorative, "lemmings", is much funnier, and certainly more highbrow.

Thank you for acknowledging my brilliance. I feel warm all over.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The "rat" is a side effect of a changing angle. To be relevant as sign of movement, would it not be better to compare two pictures from the same angle? Too logical?

From the highly acclaimed site you put so much store in:

On the right below is the same rock from a different time and point of view.

"different time and point of view"

The pictures are indeed signs of movement on the martian surface. The movement of course, of the human-made probe vehicle.

*sigh*

Meanwhile genuine anomalies of the surface exploration get ignored in favour of utterly insipid trash like this.

Remind me, who's supposed to be the lemming around here? Or to use another Monty Python word... Learology is just so much... SPAM.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Did someone mention Learology?

Bring on the pole dancers and cognac!

And mind you don't step on the rats...

[edit on 24-1-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Damn, zorgon, I miss a few days on the board and I come back finding you being tarred and feathered.

Be so kind as to show how both of these are the same viewpoint, that'll put things right, 'cause I know you didn't let that slip by you.

I really want to believe that a rat got aboard before liftoff, breathed from a small hole he had chewed in the line going to one of the attitude jets so he could last for the trip, and then debarked the rover for some Martian sunshine. That would be such a telling adventure in so many ways. (And would explain why his fur looks so, well...ratty.)

Seriously, does your man have anything to say about this whole viewpoint thing?

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
That rock rat looks, well reminded me of those rats in the "Real mars" videos a couple months ago that cclaimed to be film shot on Mars.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
here come the rats

nothing else left up yoour sleeve i guess

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Posted this in the wrong thread...moving it here:

Originally posted by internos
Naa Ron not talking about you nor John, come on

I didn't say a word

What do you think of the Martian Rat ?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

One thing we must keep in mind: life will likely follow the same basic shapes that we are accustomed to (due to the nature of fractal geometry, which is a key secret of sacred math/geometry). If we see images of life, however, they will likely have superficial differences that can make them very hard to discern. Consider, for example, the terrain of Mars.

there are lots of boulders/rocks. There is plenty of water, trapped within the soil. There are higher levels of radiation. The temperature differences are somewhat erratic (even being a balmy 80+ during the summer months, localized). Gravitational effect is reduced.

So, what sort of life would one expect? Well...something subterranean most likely. Something that could possibly show its head occassionally for food or sunlight (or some other unknown reason). Something that could camoflauge against the dirt, "blueberries", and rocks. This would mean they would be something rock looking (think "rock fish" on land), or something bumpy and bluish, etc.

If you think about it from this angle, possibly new characteristics seem relevant. I think that the rat looks a lot like a rock. I mean, it is EXTREMELY rock looking. But i think that its rock like appearance doesn't mean a whole lot when i see bugs that look like small branches, or tree bark.

One would also wonder what the iron rich environment does to the biology of such creatures?

Keith may be wrong, but the concepts is prompts you to consider are a dose of good medicine, for sure.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
This thread DOESN'T prompt me to consider exobiology though.

The way better old footage of SOMETHING on the rover was intriguing. The undoubted fossil-like objects are intriguing. The transient phenomena on the dunes, the tree-like stuff in some pictures... All of that is infinitely more significant than this sort of perversity for its own sake smarmy time wasting.

Sure a rat can look like a rock or whatever but first the rat needs to cross the threshold of believability. One picture from one angle, not reproducible, no same perspective shot showing movement... It is yet another time wasting Learological load of nonsense.

As Gene Huff said, he killed serious (American) ufology by introducing Lear to Lazar and this sort of crapola is the result.

I have an open mind but that doesn't mean I want trash like this to drift into it.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DogHeadTo be relevant as sign of movement, would it not be better to compare two pictures from the same angle? Too logical?

Logical perhaps... available? No The new Rovers Spirit and Opportunity do take photos that are close or over lapping areas at least.

And I haven't found and rats yet in those images... but hey there are close to 200,000 to look through so who knows?

Wait till you see the Road Runner

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Meanwhile genuine anomalies of the surface exploration get ignored in favour of utterly insipid trash like this.

Really? Pray tell WHO is ignoring these "genuine anomalies" you speak of? Can you perhaps point me to them?

Have you presented ANY? If so please point me to them so I can look them over... as they must be awesome since this is "utterly insipid trash" If not are you holding out?

I looked through your threads and did not see any. And if you do not consider Keith a worth while source considering he is still cataloging the originals and thus has a better source than any of us... well then ...

Perhaps you would be so kind as to point me to one image anywhere that YOU personally consider a "genuine anomaly" and we will run it through the ATS gauntlet and see what pops up

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
Damn, zorgon, I miss a few days on the board and I come back finding you being tarred and feathered.

That happens no matter what I post... (in case you hadn't noticed)

Seriously, does your man have anything to say about this whole viewpoint thing?

My man? LOL Seems Keith was right he HAS been forgotten
DANG most of the anomalies on the web come from his image galleries, especially the Apollo Archive...

As to what he says about the rat... I thought it was pretty clear on his page... though considering your situation I can forgive ya for not following the link

But that story of yours "Stowaway Rat" I LIKE it

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   

I have an open mind but that doesn't mean I want trash like this to drift into it.

Nobody twisted your arm to come in here... No one is forcing you to stay

And what is it with you and Buddha with this obvious animosity against John?

And what has John to do with this thread? You guys really need to get over your fixation with John... its getting really old

So rather than 'waste your time on trash' why not present us with your superb anomalies instead? Seems a more logical approach in my opinion...

but then its easier to criticize than actually produce anything positive

:shk:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I think that the rat looks a lot like a rock. I mean, it is EXTREMELY rock looking.

Well it's a rock then.

Do you look at clouds and think "Well that's EXTREMELY cloudy looking, but it also looks like a bit like a pig's head....hmm, I think I presume it's a pig's head as that is more exciting and fits my preconceived notions"

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Nobody twisted your arm to come in here... No one is forcing you to stay

Nobody twisted your arm to post images of rocks and try them out as rats either..

And what is it with you and Buddha with this obvious animosity against John?

Who hasn't a question or two to JL? JL is a conspiracy master, wouldn't that qualify for a lot of questions and serious answers?

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Hey there Zorgon, long time no see - and welcome back.

If they can find some water on Mars, they should give this guy a bath! Just look at him! He's filthy! I cant believe you all let your rat walk around all mangey like that.

Anyways, I saw you added Keith to the Pegasus Group. Will he be joining the ranks of ATS? If not, how about some updates to his collection and a contact/email address for him. I had some questions for him in the past I have to see if I can dig up now.....
Thanks Z.

spikeD.

[edit on 25-1-2008 by spikedmilk]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   

but then its easier to criticize than actually produce anything positive
:shk:

You ought to know. Your random streams of gibberish are as much a form of hazing and criticism of normal rational science as any skeptical objections raised. And less legitimate.

As for genuine anomalies... Could have sworn I listed them.

If I could find a copy of my favourite Martian anomaly video I would post it. I am guessing it's on YouTube so I will kill some time looking there.

As for telling me to leave the thread... Why? Did I score too big a point on your nonsense by pointing out the obvious (time and position issue)?

Tough.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join