It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tehachapi Covert Underground Complex

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Shadowhawk, could that be an image of Sand Canyon?
I noticed the date of 1995. Probably not much different now. A few more newer trailers/homes and trailers that have gotten older. I think that it was supposed to have been developed at one time; lots of roads that do end nowhere, ending at someone's failed dream of land ownership. I think there are old watertanks, too. Go further north, you'll run into Nellie's Nipple.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by desert]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Take a look at the area on Microsoft Live! Maps. They have images that are twice the resolution (at least) of the ones on that sad person's web site and they are in color. There is an "EM Vehicle Bay-Door" and "Test Ramp" that he pointed out in one image next to a "EM Vehicle Repair" facility that is clearly a small bush next to a green field (hence the mysterious different tone in the black and white photos on the his site) next to a big white farmhouse.

The guy has no evidence to back up his claims. How can I believe a guy without even photos from the surrounding hills or even a "no trespassing" sign along a highway. Throw us a bone and give us something better than an aerial photograph that looks like WW1 reconnaissance.

My favorite part of his claims is the automated death-sentry EM hover bots that dispose of anyone in the area - four white pixels. Oh, wait thats just their robotic "recharging port." It seems that the robots are those other two black pixels.

On Live! maps you can make out the numerous cars driving along on the highway next to sage brush, shrubs, and homes. The whole area is full of totally normal looking homes with no smokestacks, underground entrances, or hover-death bots in their backyards.

It is quite amazing the degree someone can see only what they want to see.

Jon

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voxel
... sage brush, shrubs, and homes.
Jon

Voxel, it's amazing that someone in New Jersey could so accurately describe that area!
Perhaps the ramps are old cattle loading chutes.
Mapping technology is so much better now. To wit, I can call up my campsite in the desert and see the bush we use for, well, let's say it's not near people and we don't fill our rv blackwater tanks as much.
I just hope I'm not near that bush when a picture is taken

There's another area, the El Paso mountains, about 20 miles as the crow flies northeast, which is another area said to have underground ports for ufos. I know there's an old WW2 era hidden airfield off the highway, and a 1/4 mile tunnel dug by hand years ago that goes through a mountain, and some old talc mines, and recreational mines, but haven't seen anything else.

This is all not to say that there aren't some pretty strange sights once in awhile in the skies, but these places seem to be ruled out.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The area identified (and I use that term loosely) in the original post as the Tehachapi underground complex is indeed Sand Canyon, just off Highway 58. There is a cement plant nearby at a siding called Monolith. I have explored the vicinity quite extensively as there are a number of archeological sites with pictographs (Cave of Creation, Nettle Spring, Horse Canyon, etc.) in the area. All of the so-called "roads to nowhere" actually have picturesque names like Pinion Heights Court, Greene Road, Juniper Street, etc. Housing ranges from modest mobile homes to high-end ranch houses. I have never seen any killer robots, however.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

I dunno, Shadowhawk, maybe you need to look more closely at the cave paintings and petroglyphs next time. Maybe you'll be able to identify an ancient killer robot.
You know, if Mr. Smith had moved south a click, he would have included the Monolith plant, with what looks like a giant saucer ufo, a huge cave big enough to fit it, and a possible short runway. I think he missed the mark.

Musselwhite, I'll tell you something interesting about the general area, though, not related to ufo's, or is it (?) to some people. There have been Bigfoot reports within 50-mile radius, especially a spate in the 1970's.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
My FIL just recently moved from there. He lived in Tahachapi for many many years. I have visited the area numerous times.

It is a rather boring area. Too bad he isnt there now. This would have given us something to do!!! *shrug*

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
My FIL just recently moved from there. It is a rather boring area. .

Why of course it's a boring area, they all are, aren't they?

Nothing to see here, Greeneyedleo has called all her freinds again and they say everything is hunky dory

What is your FIL???

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Ok, I live in tehachapi CA and I came to this site specifically to see if someone was talking about the so called "secret base" and sure enough on the first page is this topic. Well to clear things up this base is very real! I didn't find out about this place until I was about 14 but growing up in tehachapi was certainly not a normal experience. I believe I've been abducted several times and me and my friends have all seen multiple ufo's on separate occasions. Now the main reason I'm certain this place exists is simply because I've seen one of the spy drones that patrol the area. It was about 4-5 years ago we were down in a place we called the "Gully" which was basically a large gully that connected to the railroad tracks, now me and my friends would play down there and one time in particular it was getting dark and at the same time all 4 of us down there noticed a very large glowing sphere floating across the field we all basically freaked as we watched the thing make it's way through the mountain pass following right beside the railroad tracks. We tried to chase it but it was moving too fast for us and eventually it got out of view and disappeared. I didn't know what it was at the time but sometime later I was reading about underground bases and heard of the tehachapi base and when I looked it up there it was a specific description of what I had seen relating to the base.

now to more recent things , about 4 months ago me and my friend attempted to infiltrate the tejon ranch which was were I believed it to be so we went out there late say 2am and we got to the area and took this strange road that you would almost never find someone out on especially not at 2am so as we were going down the road we noticed a park suv on the side of the road with no lights on. well the second we passed the suv the headlights turned on and I got a good look at the guy in the suv and he most definitely was wearing a suit of some sort, and he left them on watching us , so we got scared about half way down the road and headed back and the dude was still sitting there with his lights on , as we pass him he turned and started to follow us. Now I drive an rx7 which is a pretty fast car so I gunned it out of there and lost the guy but I still believe he was somehow expecting us. If I can find better locations of where it might be I'd be willing to make another trip and provide some pictures.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by thunderclease]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
OK! I couldn't resist not posting! I was way off from what I originally was searching for but, here I am.

I looked all this over, and got a real good laugh from it all. Looking at the various maps, explanations etc....

I hate to burst anyone's bubble but, that is Sand Canyon! I was there not to long ago with a friend of mine who owns 5 acres back there. On occasion he even attends the home owners association meetings because he gets 2 votes...lol

I also have friends that have lived back there in the last 10 years, and I have visited there houses.

I've lived here in Tehachapi for 30 years, and Sand Canyon has been there the whole time.

Sorry! But it was entertaining!

Now as a side note: I have heard of the "Anthill" I guess it is called. Which from my understanding is way south of this place closer to Oak Creek Canyon area. I've heard stories of that place, and the surrounding areas. But that is all 2nd hand stuff.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by CrazyPeople]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
By now, even the original poster should realize there is nothing spooky going on in Sand Canyon.

The "Anthill" is Northrop Grumman's Tejon Ranch Radar Cross Section Range. It includes two concrete strips that resemble runways in an asymmetrical V shape. Sets of radar dishes providing frequency coverage between 100 MHz and 35 GHz are located at the apex of the V. There are four buildings for storage of test models. The models can be mounted on the pylons and raised up about 50 feet or so.

RCS Range 1 is 3,000 feet long with test pylons located at the 1,500-foot and 3,000-foot marks. RCS Range 2 is 1,800 feet long with a single pylon at the 1,500-foot mark. There are two additional antenna ranges, 500 feet and 1,500 feet long respectively. The Tejon Ranch RCS Range, alternately identitifed in a 1986 Northrop document as Anthill, is located in the foothills of the Tehachapi Mountains, overlooking the west end of Antelope Valley. In the late 1990s, Northrop Grumman hosted a "Family Day" open house at the site.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
This is a cool idea, but , is it just me or does anyone else see anything on the link pictures?!??
I wish the USGS photo's had better clarity. I guess that I don't have the eye or the imaganation to put this one together.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
My FIL just recently moved from there. It is a rather boring area. .

Why of course it's a boring area, they all are, aren't they?

Nothing to see here, Greeneyedleo has called all her freinds again and they say everything is hunky dory

What is your FIL???

LOL I forgot about this thread.

I didnt call anyone - LOL I was just saying its a boring area - it is - and if I had known about this "secret base" it would have given us something to do...as in....look for it. LOL I wasnt saying it didnt exist. I have no clue.

FIL = father in law

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Well, cant we just go to the coordinates and get the scoop on these supposed entrances??
I'm down for a trip somewhere to something

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
If you read through the entire thread, you will find that many of us have visited the coordinates. We got the "scoop" first-hand. It's just a rural neighborhood in Sand Canyon - ranches, homes, archaeological sites, etc. Nothing spooky.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthman4
Sorry I don't see anything in the photos that supports the ideas. I must be under mind control. I guess they infected my mind when they taught me how to look for things on the ground.

Yeah but its so much more fun and easy for people to just do it from aerial photographs and google earth, so they never have to get out of the comfort of their chair, or to actually have to go on the ground and take photos.

I mean to actually go there and take photo, that would take effort and work!

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
This is a load of crap. Shadowhawk or whatever his name is is exactly right. it is a neighborhood, not some underground facility. I spent four years in the CIA. I was in new york city, occasionally traveling "elsewhere". Sorry, but this is crap. Look into pine gap, that is a better use of time.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Here's the location on google maps. It's more developed now but just a rural neighborhood.

-S

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

what i do find interesting about this area is the simple fact it does appear to be nothing more or less a neighborhood.

i started the thread www.abovetopsecret.com... I've had harper valley checked out and it also appears to be nothing more than just another poultry farm with a whole new set of neighbors. there is absolutely nothing going on at harper valley. the underground infrastructure and its purpose is now entrenched and a part of the north georgia mountains and no one the wiser.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by musselwhite

You're going to have to give us more evidence than your assertion that these are in fact military complexes when there is so, so, so much evidence that they are not.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

whoo! so long as i know you know we have nothing to worry about here. reckon can i get the same assurance for Rabbit Hole - Searching for Alice?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join