It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on Mars? Amazing photos from NASA probe reveal image of mystery figure on Red Planet

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

idd, this is 'old' news

But thats how stuff goes nowadays. When enough people start talking and posting the same subject in forums it gets to the media if we're lucky. I live in London and read a huge article with illustrations on this in the METRO, one of the biggest morning papers over here:

METRO online

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Well, well! There seems to have been an outcry by the Martians because of the presence of the Rover! They even screwed up the communications!! Here's one of the pics beamed back before they did this...

allhatnocattle

I mean, we just can't land anywhere we like can we? We need to get permission through proper diplomatic channels!!

Cheers!!

[edit on 23-1-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
People ask, how could they breath on mars, what do they eat?
We should be asking, why are they green? What does that mean? Chlorophyll?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis

That is interesting. It looks a lot like bigfoot in that popular bigfoot footage.

Nonsense... That's just a rock. Mars has an atmosphere. Mars has wind. Mars has agents of erosion. It's just coincidence. Utterly nonsense...

Provide me with a picture from another angle, another time frame, 10 times clearer and 100 times closer THEN people would take this seriously, instead of the traditional blurry, ambiguous photo. Other than that, this is just purely utterly nonsensically confabulation...

Provide me with a logical explanation why would such a being would even survive in Mars' atmosphere. What would it breathe? CO2? What would it drink? Dust? What would it eat? Rock?

Bigfoot on Mars? That's original. Ridiculous. But original nonetheless...

Edit: I just read a post on top of me. Huh? Are you serious? OMG my stomach hurts.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by omnicron]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
also now on sky news.com

news.sky.com...

i think its talking about US.
and posts a DIRECT quote from US

yey

[edit on 23/1/2008 by shauny]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Hello all, I just signed up on the site, which I have been a fan of for years. I'm 26 and have believed in things people have thought was crazy as far back as my memories go, around 5 or 6. Now with all the evidence coming out in the last few years thanks to alot of the people here and elsewhere like John Lear, Richard Hoagland, and countless other annonamous people, and thanks to disclosure projects like....well...the Dislosure Project, and all the Project Camelot videos, and Mr. Lear's moon photos, and all the mars photos showing bodies of water, and trees, Thanks to all these things I have been able to make believers out of alot of people that are the most ignorant of skeptics. So thanks to eveyone involed in trying to bring the truth out. And kudos to the regular people spreading this stuff around, no matter how odd you look to people at first. With evidence like the stuff found here and other sites, you don't seem so odd anymore once they see the truth in front of their eyes as well.

Anyway, onto my thoughts about the discovery of the Humanoids. Firstly I do believe this is the first solid photographic evidence of other humanoid life that will turn out to be pretty undeniable. Anyone saying this evidence has already been debunked is denying what is slapping them right in the kisser. Secondly I want to say that I don't think what's going on in that picture is what most of you here seem to think it is, 2 or 3 Martians out on a foraging adventure, perhaps for "blueberries". No. What I see going on here is alot more dark and sinister than that.

I see a weapon in the standing beings hands. Possibly a bar of some kind or pehaps a blade. I don't see that other being on his stomach, I see him on his back looking back up at the standing being. Almost like he was being chased or was kicked down the slope, now he is looking back, begging for his life. His head seems to be uncovered or unmasked (while the standing guys is masked) and unless they have that odd skin tone the head would seem severely lacerated. There are a few senarios this could be. Perhaps nomadic primitives sacrificing to this new robotic god that observes them? That could be why there seem to have been some heads discovered in rover shots. Perhaps just a random act of violence cought on tape. Unfortunately, what I think it is, and I hope I'm wrong, is an Alpha Draconan attacking one of our secret space corps guy, purposely in front of the eye of the rover. If so, he was probably killed in front of the rover. This act would mean time may be coming for war, and this stuff is going to start to be released so the public understands what's goingg on when outright attacks start.

Well, how's that for a first post? Eh?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Just thought I would tell everyone that this has just been on the main afternoon news here in the UK, lasted a couple of minutes, and at the end the news reader said they want people to call in with what they think it is, (think this is a waste of time, because I bet it will not get mentioned again).
He also said the image looks like the Predator, What?, has he seen the Predator.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I also just want to add that as for the distance of the beings, I have the full res image on my PS3, which automatically adjust and enhances the image depending on how far you zoom in, which give a great image quality, but also give a good sense of scale, and I don't at all believe those are small beings close to the rover. The standing one seems slightly larger than human size, and the distance seems to be somewhere between 1 and 2 foortball (american) fields away.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Larry L

Well to me it looks like a rock formation! To begin with I thought it was very unusual, but having looked at it long and hard, combined with the fact that it's only a few inches high, it is just a rock formation.

I can't belive it made the UK papers, we must be havnig a slow news day today...

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RedPillTaker

Bottom right, he/she/it is hiding from the other guy/s walking in the original pic (on the ridge on the left). I reckon he's a sniper, or hiding

watchZEITGEISTnow

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by porschedrifter
ok not that this being a life like rock bugs me out but what bugs me out as i was reading this thread and looking at the pictures my dad says look at this so i turn around and on cnn is the EXACT SAME PICTURE... lol wtf

Indeed: CNN video

This is the third story on CNN about an ATS subject. I say somebody at CNN is reading ATS for interesting stories now...

[edit on 23-1-2008 by Netstriker]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

Good on you TheoOne now that is the original photo the so called little person is in the far left and up a bit hard to find at first but that is how one can tell the scale of the thing (rock formation) i do remember from the last post there is a pyramid type of structure on the horizon in the middle of photo but just trick of light probably in fact i'm glad i found photo again as i like the picture would love a poster of it.
Cant believe that made the paper,,,, ATS found it First

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
this is also in the Daily Star in the UK - and they even did the comparisson between the big foot photo! Someone has defo read ATS

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
If you didn't check out the similacrum links earlier, this one's insane...

www.forteantimes.com...

That'a spooky day...

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

mike you have made me smile
, that is a very funny pic. i wonder what the powers that be think of the mars problem lol if they plan to wage war on these guys the rest of the solar system wont stand for it.....may even apply sanctions against earth!
m x

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I'm waiting for the avid belivers to tell us it's a sign? Perhaps the aliens were leaving a clue- looking down to where they were going to land! Anyone know the coordinates where that was taken? You never know!

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I found myself suffering my first bout of ATS snobbery when I saw this story splashed all over the UK papers. For heaven's sake, I thought, sneeringly, there's tonnes of more convincing pics than this, what naive young fools. Then I caught held of myself and stopped.

But, what this does show is that there is an interest out there for such phenomena. It may be treated light-heartedly, but I don't doubt for a second that there is a yearning for their to be life on mars among the readers even of the Daily Mail. Although they would probably start telling us there was an impending Martian immigration crisis which threatened our economy and/or lives....

LW

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I've already posted on the other thread that is dealing with the same subject:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

but haven't recieved an answer as yet. Sooo, I thought I'd try this thread instead.

Please forgive if this is slightly off-topic, even though, in my defense it is in reference to the photo in question:

Sorry if I don't use the correct terminology, but can anyone enlighten me as to why the two solar panels (?) either side of the photo are relatively free of dirt, with only the odd speck of gravel etc, whilst the central portion appears to be quite heavily soiled?
You can see a build up of dust and grime, in long dark smears, by the electrical trunking (/), but on the panels, there is no evidence of this.
Do the panels self clean, or is it simply a case of accumulated dirt falling off when they fold up?

And as to what the figure(s) might be, who can tell. I can only reiterate other posters opinons, in that it could well be a simulacra. On the otherhand, it could be, allowing for all possibilities, something far more dramatic.

Statue or relic of previous inhabitants? Hmmm, what's the likelyhood of something surviving so intact for what may well have been an incredible length of time on such an inhospitable surface? And what would it be doing on the surface in the first place?

A living creature? Again, who knows?
Sure, it looks reassuringly familiar, in that it appears to have "arms", "torso" and a "head", not to mention a "shoulder" and an "upper thigh" and "calf"...however, and assuming that we are looking at something alive, what is the likelyhood of such a creature surviving on the Martian surface?

Life will prevail in the most hostile of enviroments, but could it have been not only resilient, but have prospered so well that it has managed to produce bipedal entities, even if they are so small?

And one last question: wouldn't it be obvious to have the rover take another photo of the same area now that the story has been covered by the world's media?
I realise that it is probably several kilometers from that position by now, but this could be something important. And wouldn't it help NASA no end in its "no life on Mars" stance if the object is still there, and proven to be nothing but wind erroded rock?

However, if it wasn't there when they sent the rover back...what would the excuses be for the new photos not being released?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Hi, avid something or other here.

I see something in that picture that hasn't been mentioned.
The arm is outreached and is holding something in it like a stick or whatnot, with
a greenish oozy substance dripping off of it. To the right is what appears to
be the approximation of a martian pet. It's gliding over to
the person with the outreached arm. It looks like fido is coming
in for a little game of fetch the gooey treat or something.

Yes, I really see that in the picture. I had to tinker with it a bit to see
it,, though

[edit on 23-1-2008 by undo]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Between this and the Texas UFO'S, I havebt seen the MSM paying that much attention to this type of stories, even FOX NEWS for cryout out loud!

NASA Photo Shows Humanoid Figure on Mars

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join