It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three signs of looming unrest

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Well, I must sign off now. I have to be in court in the morning to defend myself on charges stemming from my being beat up, kicked in the head, and tased ten times by two local cops on my own front porch.

DCP

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
recession = when your neighbor is out of work
depression = when you are out of work

the economy is not gr owning as fast as it used to but i believe that job growth has increased ever month under Bush (or at least since the tax cuts)

it's a global economy now so when a part of it goes down, it takes others with it

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Do you expect the police to violate the law? Thats what they do when they get involved in situations they have no authority over..like a CIVIL matter of property rights. You wanted some cop to go over and act tough ( what is the matter, the boyfriend too scary for YOU to go get Sisters stuff back?) and get some property back even thogh you knew it was not their job to do.

People like you make life tough for all of us: suppose you had been able to get a cop to bully someone: That would only reinforce in the cop more illegal and bad habits. It is NOT the job of the cop's to go around acting as collection agents for people to weak to take action themselves or too cheap to take someone else to court and get it done right.

If the laundry gets your shirts wrong, will you call a cop to harrass them too? Thats an idea, every time something goes wrong in life, we can just call some cop with a gun and club to intimidate others and do our bidding, right? silly and dangerous. Do your own dirty work, and if boyfriend is likley to shut you up himself then call a lawyer and take him to court...leave the cops out of your personal family issues. They might be needed to bust some kid for pot and here they are bothering with you....hmmm, on second thought!!

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

Well, if you want to get technical, it could be a criminal matter. Harassment, stealing, and destruction of property are indeed violations of criminal law. So don't try to get snarky with me because I am plenty capable of issuing the smack-down.

My whole point was that proactive community policing, which was meant to prevent problems from escalating, has been replaced by a militant reactionary force at odds with the needs of the community. Police officers no longer function as a servant of the community, but as a servant of court system profiteering. This is exactly why I turned in my shield. Common sense has gone right out the window.

You are a moron if feel it's okay that a quiet, shy, emotionally abused little girl can't turn to the police for help.

By the way, I did get her stuff back and now the taxpayers are paying that fool's hospital bill.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
reply to post by eyewitness86

My whole point was that proactive community policing, which was meant to prevent problems from escalating, has been replaced by a militant reactionary force at odds with the needs of the community. Police officers no longer function as a servant of the community, but as a servant of court system profiteering. This is exactly why I turned in my shield. Common sense has gone right out the window.

I couldn't agree with you more. Maybe it doesn't sound like a "big deal" to some people, getting this girl's property back, but as you point out, it's an indication of bigger shifts going on.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but my bf likes to watch those programs on Court TV like Wildest Police chases, etc. Until recently, I thought many cities had given up these high speed chases, for the most part, because of wrongful death and injury suits filed by innocent citizens killed and injured during these chases (check those stats some time). But apparently these days, they'll chase a guy at 120 mph down a crowded highway for kicking a vending machine-- just one I saw a couple weeks ago. What has struck me the most watching some of these programs is the language-- and the message I get is "control, control, control", no matter what you've done, there will be a scorched-earth response and if anyone gets in the way and gets hurt-- tough.

Btw, I've also noticed an increased police presence here in N. Nevada, especially downtown.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
A gut feeling obviously seems to be the eventual linking of several events both conscious and not. For example the govt spent $375,000,000 last year to update 'immigrant/civilian' detention centers, in addition the available energy supply will not be capable of meeting future demand and the govt seems totally non-responsive, the Federal Reserve no longer has to report when they make an increase to the money supply (inflation), the privatization of America has lead to an enriched upper crust at the expense of the middle and lower tax brackets. The administration has lied and broken the law so many times that people don't even bat an eyelash any more. The media reports almost nothing of substance any more, not one person who failed America on 9/11 has been fired or demoted, in fact many were promoted, surveillance of the American people, Help America Vote Act as long as they're touch screen machines, increasingly invasive attempts at IDing every last American. The deepest data mining of citizens in world history, even the sharp increase of the use of pharmaceuticals dovetails with the pattern, TV just isn't pacifying the masses like it used to. These and myriad blips on the radar screen forebode the worst.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
So I don't post often, but when I saw that a number of you were noticing an increased police presence, my stomach dropped. I noticed all day today a strangely large number of police everywhere, I even felt like I was being followed by one for no legitimate reason. I Live in Massachusetts and the shift in tactics was extremely obvious to me today. Also, I work as an EMT and so do many people I know. Many of the local ambulance companies have been over staffing by 50 % at least, which is unheard of given how cheap they tend to be.
Just had to share my observations.
JK

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I live next door to a police officer and believe me, if there is something going on, he isn't in on it. They wouldn't dare trust him or any of his cop buddies with anything close to conspiracy. This guy couldn't keep his mouth shut for anything. I'm talking bragging at levels that stagger the imagination. No--if somethings going on it's not happening in Oklahoma.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
HR 1585 (May '07) would allow the department of defense to augment civilian civilian law during pandemic or bio terror attack leads me to believe Bush is up to something before he leaves office.

what is it going to take to scare the living crap out of the american people? A threat of being killed unless they accept the changes being made by Bush on our behalf?

Homeland Security Presidential Directive
HOMELAND SECURITY PRESIDENTIAL DIRECTIVE/HSPD-21 www.whitehouse.gov...

....Background

(3) A catastrophic health event, such as a terrorist attack with a weapon of mass destruction (WMD), a naturally-occurring pandemic, or a calamitous meteorological or geological event, could cause tens or hundreds of thousands of casualties or more, weaken our economy, damage public morale and confidence, and threaten our national security. It is therefore critical that we establish a strategic vision that will enable a level of public health and medical preparedness sufficient to address a range of possible disasters...

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kazi

I don't think they would need to tell the officers anything about what may really be going on.

Simple cover story like, "increased funding for DUI details."

Remember, they're just tools of the elite.

After all, you don't tell your hammer which nail to hit, you just point it and swing.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg
reply to post by kazi

After all, you don't tell your hammer which nail to hit, you just point it and swing.

Exactly. Just tell them the guy who shot a fellow officer is in a theater and watch them swarm there to take the guy down or preferably kill him. Unfortunately when they did that in the JFK murder and sent the cops to kill Oswald they screwed up and he lived. A little while longer.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I tend to agree with the TWO points the OP has mentioned. However what is the third point you were going to make? The internet anomalies? I don't know about that. I have seen some strange things lately like a couple of websites I use hacked and my password changed on them. (course thats a whole other spiders nest that I got myself into)

I have to say though that an unquantifiable internet phenomenon is not a direct third link to your looming unrest. I do agree that the economy is in the toilet and the police presence does appear to be greater than before.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Its funny you mention the police I here in Florida too have seen the police rise in my town big time. Interesting what is your thoughts on why jack?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
I miss the good ol' days when town cops would try to help you out if you had a problem. Even if there wasn't really much they could do.

For example, my girlfriend's little sister had a boyfriend who wouldn't give her back a few hundred dollars worth of stuff that he happened to have in his car when they broke up. Things that were clearly hers too, not like disputeable property. Pink electronic gadgets, some of her clothes, etc. Then on top of that he starts giving her a hard time. Nothing too extreme, but just doing what he could to upset her without really "crossing the line."

So I called the local police station that had juridstiction. Now I knew that there wasn't really much they could do legally, but I was hoping to get a little community action from them here. You know, basically cop goes over and tells the kid to give the girl her stuff back and to leave her alone. But no. Local PD tells me "We can't help you. This is a matter for civil court."
Then they write me a ticket for overdue inspection. Your tax dollars at work. No wonder this country is going down the tubes. "Thanks a lot there T-1000!"

[edit on 1/22/0808 by jackinthebox]

my sediments excactly.

I live in So Cal. and know exactly what you mean. I also operate a business down here. And it is truly amazing how the local department treats civilians. I haven't really noticed an 'increase' in activity or number of cops per say, but I can tell you the attitude and utter disrespect for people that these guys show sometimes is remarkable. I had a conversation with a friend about this, and we both came to the same conclusion. Basically, we think these kinds of responses are being instilled in them. Either that or there are so many badge heavy mutheryou-know-whaters that it's unbelievable. Now I'm not a cop hater or anything, but unless someone who has been through their training can say otherwise then to me this would indicate some type of ramp up to a police state mentality or something..I guess?

Oh and by So Cal I don't mean Compton or L.A. I live in a nice little city where crime is not that big. Or not nearly as big as L.A. anyway.

But about the whole Alex Jones thing and Police state. What is the ultimate goal? or Purpose? It doesn't seem to have one.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Yeah what happened to the good old days when the cops would help you out in situations. I got pulled over 3 times in 3 months cause of the many cops out there with nothing better to do than to set stupid traps and here is what I got pulled over for....

Changing into the turning lane with the white line was solid.
Tailgating (riding to close to someone) during rush hour traffic
Going 5 miles over the speed limit.

I had to pay over $900 in fines for all 3 and got points on my license. Needless to say my insurance went up too. Ive never committed a crime in my life and this is what I get....oh and heres the kicker a body just turned up in a canal here and it was the body of a girl who her boyfriend called her in as being in trouble from an ex so the cops went to her door knocked (she didnt answer cause she was dead) and the left and never followed up or checked anything out till her body washed up 3 weeks later. Gotta love them priorities. BTW jack how did it go in court?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I have not noticed an increase in police activity in my area, a fancy suburb (actually just overpriced suburb) of Kansas City, but in December, before Christmas I was pulled over for expired tags, I was only a week late, and I got pulled over by two cop cars with two officers in each car, and they all got out and basically surrounded me, I was driving a freaking mini van in a rich part of town with car seats in it! Four cops for a run of the mill "soccer mom"!?! Well, the stop took less than 5 minutes, he ran my license and tags, all was on the up and up, I just slacked on getting my tags taken care of. But still, that seemed like overkill for such a minor thing. Not sure what they are gearing up for, but it did seem odd to me, all that force for a minor thing.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Now the synchronicities are revving up...

I just posted this on another thread dealing with increased police presence:

I haven't gotten a traffic ticket in seven years, but now I've gotten three in a row. My vehicle safety inspection was up on the New Year, but I decided to wait for my mechanic to come back from vacation to get it done, so I could get some other maintinence done at the same time. In the meantime, I got three seperate tickets for the overdue inspection, from three seperate departments. The second one I got coming back from the courthouse to drop off the first ticket! The third was within a few hundred yard of where I got the second!

Unit, notice the number of tickets...Cowgirl, notice my offense.

Instantaneous Synchronicity: Proof of God?

[edit on 1/22/0808 by jackinthebox]

link   
"But about the Alex Jones thing. What is the purpose?"

Have you watched End Game? Have a look at it. It is all about consolidation of wealth and power into the hands of the Elite. Yes, we are moving into a police state and it is not by accident! It is by design and I hope people can wake up to this. Go to youtube to watch "Endgame" by Alex Jones or watch it on Prisonplanet.com Check out his other videos on 911 and Martial Law on infowars.com. . Our freedoms and liberties will be gone on the next 911 (whether real or manufactured) as the laws are in place to do this. Spread the word.

link   
reply to post by mybigunit

You are joking right? I have recieved over a dozen tickets in Florida in the past 6 years and have gotten out of every one of them. $75 or $100 to an attorney and they take care of these minor matters. No points, no school. Works for me every time with more serious offenses. Especially for the following too closely and 5 MPH over. 5 MPH over in florida generally isn't even a ticketable offense, it sure results in no points.

Florida Speeding Ticket Fine
For moving violations involving unlawful speed, the Florida speeding ticket fines are as follows:

For speed exceeding the limit by:
Fine:
1-5 m.p.h. Warning
6-9 m.p.h. $ 25
10-14 m.p.h. $100
15-19 m.p.h. $125
20-29 m.p.h. $150
30 m.p.h. and above $250

Court costs imposed under this subsection may not exceed $30

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I just have a gut feeling that a new system just came on-line to filter the entire internet.

I think we have been assuming it was already there, just like everyone assumed that there were AA missiles protecting the Pentagon, but that this system just went fully operational. The anomalies seem to coincide with the sort of decreased performance and errors expected when an independant user gets their signal pirated.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join