It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Footage of E.T.'s at Area51?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by musashi9
My first post!!
I was browsing youtube today and came across this and i must admit at first i was excited, but then I noticed something in 'smuggled out of Area 51 Part 3'
If you look closely at the bottom right you can just about make out the blurred words Alien Abduction which for me means this is from one of the many Alien Abduction documentaries in other words they are Re-Constructions made for T.V

Wow, haven't noticed that detail! That kinda changes the whole perspective. Now, if this was indeed taken from one of the documentaries, all we need to do now, is to FIND the actual show containing these scenes.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I'm puzzled by the lack of consistency in the quality of this presentation and how unrealistic the Aliens look. The only part that looks GOOD is part 2 with that alien child in it but the rest of it looks like crap. So because of those stark inconsistencies in this presentation, I hardly think it's ready for prime time if it's some kind of viral marketing for an upcoming movie or tv show.
So something is amiss here. The only thing I can see is that it's once again, a few special effect newbies who are trying out their wares on You Tube to elicit public response. They are advertising their work this way in hopes that the big time special effect studio's will pay attention to them.

That they are not allowing anyone to comment on You Tube shows that they are ultra-sensitive about anyone criticizing their work but they are showing it here in ATS because it's a controlled environment where some of them are here in this thread hoping to control members by steering them into BELIEVER mode so they can point this thread out to those VIP's they are hoping to impress by showing how many members here in this forum their work has fooled.

All of the above are just speculations but this is afterall a conspiracy forum so I assume we are permitted to do that.

[edit on 21-1-2008 by Palasheea]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
has anyone checked out his other vids

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I dun't know BUT, I think those vertical age lines that keep going across the video are not real. I have seen television commercials that have used the same aging vertical lines to make their videos appear old. They look to be computer generated.

Of course, that is my personal observation and I do not work for any debunking society, where I am paid bookoos of $$$$ to post this!

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Sorry poster its a fake I was hoping it was more but its not. That is totally a fake.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
TOTALLY FAKE

I too work at a TV station and those film rip lines are what made me think that footage was manufactured.

1. This is footage copied with another camera of another source, see how the top part of the frame dips every now and then?

2. Any animatronics shop can make a complete model with moving eyelids in about 72 hours, see Farscape by The Henson Company, see Stargate SG-1 and the Asguards, see MIB 1 with the alien baby in Agent J's arms. It doesn't cost that much to make a mold and buy a few motors and wires to move a set of eyelids. Professional editing isn't that much these days either.

3. Find yourself a copy of After Effects and randomly generate film grain and insert animated blobs, add them in post.

I've seen every kind of effect that an AVID/DEKO/AFTER EFFECTS can make and my softwares will insert into a signal, that video beyond any doubt is fake and we should not waste another second on it.

I'm going with the Hellboy II back story footage as that's more likely who would have the time and money to build the molds, buy the editing time and benefit the most.

NEXT

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
The first thing i noticed is the ''Film Grain'' wich is an effect from Windows Movie maker in Vista. (Ive used it plenty of times).

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I'm sorry boys and girls, but I too see nothing in these videos that couldn't have easily been done by a third or fourth year student of visual effects at one of the infamous Art Institutes.

In fact, like some others here, I would argue that the short, close cropped, nature of the shots is indicative of trying to mask visual effects and as such offer a strong argument that this is NOT legitimate footage.

Further, and perhaps stronger, evidence of this is the fact that the ONLY moving part of the "aliens" is the eyelid itself. In human beings, the eyelid is opened and closed by the retraction of attached muscles; primarily the Orbicularis Oculi and the Levator palpebrae superioris muscles.

One can easily see the movement of the orbicularis oculi muscle in particular by watching oneself blink in a mirror. Thus it should be viewed as highly suspect that an "alien" whose morphology appears to be so similar to humans, but who has significantly larger eyelids, shows absolutely no movement of the muscles surrounding the eye, especially while blinking.

To me, the above assertions, the venue the clips were disseminated in, and the tags that 351Nova added to the clips are more than enough evidence to dismiss the footage as fake.

-Cypher

[edit on 21-1-2008 by Cypher]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Could somebody please download these clips before they disappear???
I tried but it wont work

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Just catching up on this. Ok, if I found all this amazing stuff, and then realized there was this top secret footage smuggled out of Area 51, and by the way, how does he know that it was smuggled out of A51? Anyway, if I found this footage and thought for even a moment that it was genuine, I would, first, be in contact with a professional who could authenticate the film used, then I would contact someone, like James Fox or somone who could get it out there the right way, only after I showed it to everyone at ATS of course.

IMHO, with something this significant, I would NOT plaster it all over youtube. That's his first mistake. Now, maybe he was clueless and had no idea what to do with it.

I'm not totally convinced that it is fake, but I'm leaning towards it.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
MODS: I think sufficient evidence has been presented by both users of effects packages and average users that we a are looking at a HOAX.

Would you agree that putting up the HOAX tags are in order?

Call it another training exorcise in recognizing what a hoax looks like....

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheExaminer
MODS: I think sufficient evidence has been presented by both users of effects packages and average users that we a are looking at a HOAX.

Would you agree that putting up the HOAX tags are in order?

Call it another training exorcise in recognizing what a hoax looks like....

Way too early to call it a hoax

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
For the reasons stated by the film and TV insiders, I'd say that this is a good fake.

That said, I'm given to wonder who has the spare cash to make animatronic aliens and then the time to sit around post-modding a piece of video.

Someone with money to burn and loads of spare time...?

Tell me this isn't Paris Hilton's latest project!

It's all here

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TallDutch

Too early to call it a hoax? ROFLMAO! You really think this manufactured video and planted back story is real?

I don't have to call it there friend. The evidence speaks for itself.

Not posting again on this subject. I've got editing to do.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The night before last (Saturday night) from 7:30 to 9:00 EST I was watching shows (3 half hr. shows) I believe it was either the first or second show (because I didn't see all of the third show) they had this film in one of the reenactments.

I think it was the WE channel 117......... The shows I think were called Alien Encounters-True Confessions.

The eyes glowed green in the reenactment and it was the same one with the child looking from behind

[edit on 21-1-2008 by observe50]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TallDutch

Way too early to call it a hoax

lmao, yeah ok,

Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

[edit on 22-1-2008 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Okay.. So I am some random person bored in college, who happened to come across the thread. Yey for me.

Now, taking into consideration that I haven't yet seen the videos (college has blocked Youtube for obvious reasons), I am prepared to give a little bit of.. Opinions based away from the footage.

Have any of you taken into consideration that, there may be a possible chance that this isn't the first time the dude has seen ET's? It would explain why he wasn't that excited to film more of the alien family. I have yet to read the full thread, so I don't know if this has been voiced- it's just something that happened to come to mind.
It would explain why- assuming- he is concentrating on the faces, rather than the whole body. There is also the fact to take in (because he HAS to use the zoom in tool) that he is at a distance. Also, considering that he was fliming the footage on his own personal camera- despite the quality- he has been there and seen it with his own eyes.

Obviously the footage hasn't been shown to anyone else, or else the media would've pounced on it straight away. So, really, it would've just been to remind himself of how they looked in detail, rather than what their whole body was like.

Like I said- I haven't seen the videos. I'm interested, and will probably re-post once I get home. So don't chew me out if I get anything wrong, etc etc.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Another reason I've come up for it being a hoax is the very fact that they blink. If you notice they do it in a very deliberate way, almost to draw attention to the very fact that they can blink, which would only be necessary if you were planning on trying to convince people that this was real.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I'm with evasius, musashi, and somehow TheOracle (since I'm not sure grey blinks either).

I'm leaning toward hoax.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join