It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: German Archaeologist Throws Light on Pyramid Origin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   

An interesting new theory on the origin of the Sphinx pyramids in Egypt. A German archaeologist believes egyptians origionally wanted to build walls around the tombs of the king. Apparantly things got out of hand...

Egypt's ancient pyramids are probably a byproduct of a decision to build walls around the tombs of kings, a leading expert on early Egyptian royal burials said Wednesday.

Guenter Dreyer, director of the German Archaeological Institute in Cairo, said he based his theory on similarities between Egypt's first pyramid, built at Saqqara south of Cairo for the Pharaoh Zozer in about 2650 BC, and the structure of the tomb of one of his immediate predecessors.

The Saqqara pyramid, known as the Step Pyramid because of its unique shape, began as a flat mound about eight meters (25 feet) high built over the burial chamber of the pharaoh.

At the slightly earlier tomb of the Pharaoh Khasekhemwy, at the old royal cemetery at Abydos in southern Egypt, German excavators found evidence of a similar flat mound covering the central part of the underground burial complex.

The walls in the central part of the tomb were compacted to about twice the thickness and half the height of the walls to the sides, suggesting a heavy weight had once stood on top, Dreyer told Reuters in an interview.

Khasekhemwy's complex also had one of the niched enclosure walls which later became a distinctive feature of the dozens of pyramids built along the western edge of the Nile Valley for hundreds of years to come, he said.

Origional source

Related discussions of the ATS Forum:

- Egypt, Pyramids
- Do the libraries sleep beneath the paws of the Sphinx?

[Edited on 12-2-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

[Edited on 12-2-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Bummer...I didn't think this would be "news worthy" so I posted it here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on 11-2-2004 at 09:52 AM Post Number: 370161 edit quote

This Archaeologist has a different theory on why they came into existence.

"Archaeologist theorizes that mounds symbolizing resurrection were built up to rise above walls surrounding tombs"

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
That guy for real??

What a load of BS he is sprouting WALLS out of hand indeed ROFL..........

And i suppose the Egyptian kings and queens had traps and secret passages and things in them for fun??

Maybe so they could make more walls on walls LOL

Load of RUBBISH........

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Hm, he is the director of the local institute and studying that stuff for quite a while. How much do you know about pyramids and egyptians? Do you even know who was Amun Ra and the connection to the Pharaos, the basic beliefes of their ancient history?
No, then please don't comment like that Mr. Blobby.

ME

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Hmmm . . .

I can't resist.

Isa 19:19 In that day shall there be an altar to the LORD in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar at the border thereof to the LORD.

Isa 19:20 And it shall be for a sign and for a witness unto the LORD of hosts in the land of Egypt: for they shall cry unto the LORD because of the oppressors, and he shall send them a saviour, and a great one, and he shall deliver them.

Where does this Pyramid exist?

In Egypt.
On the Border.
In the Midst(middle).

Maybe I'm reachin' here but . . .

The above opinion is based on the fact that the author, ME, believes these angels and gods are what we today call aliens.

MJ

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The ancient Egyptians were actually a legacy to the true ancients who built the Pyramids long before what we know as the ancients.. There are pyramid structures on the Moon and on Mars too. It is believed In Egypt One pyramid was a machine and most likely was a weapon capable of more destruction than a nuke to any point on Earth and to other planets. An Earth defense weapon.
The other pyramids and surounding structures were supporting mechanisms. The whole place comprised a military compound.

Im half way through the second book by Dr. Farrell on pyramids at the website here by Dr. Joseph P. Farrell who has a doctorate in patristics from the University of Oxford. He is a physicist. Talk about above top secret,, after u read these books you will get your eyes opened WIDE! His hypothesis is very believeable in the intellectual community. He has been to Egypt and done extensive research. He also quotes other well known researchers that show in agrrement the pyramids to have been machines. Read his FAQ and read his books from www.gizadeathstar.com...

The books are technical in content The second one although easier for ordinary people to read, should be read second because background info is needed from the first book.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
'Became out of hand' isn't such a far-out suggestion, considering the sky scrapers people are building in parts of the globe. Our buildings present totally different purposes, although I think the size and the overwhelming vision people have when they are presented with the capability people can obtain are the same.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Truly more proof of how decrepid the study or archeology has become. Does this guy think we are so stupid to believe that if they wanted walls around sand or mudbrick pyramids that they would not have built them that way?

Show us examples of them? eh where? there are none.

Duh!

top topics

join