It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2008 Is The Year of First Contact

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Adam_Schneider

If all these UFOs are coming to Earth, they are here for a reason...Do you think they'd let us blow up their playground?

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
the site that she linked to is underconstruction and a hour and a half past reactivation time, i bet that when its finaly up again that most of whats been pointed out here will be removed, altered and or sanitized.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by krill

Well, im sure some people saved much of the site so they could see on Jan 1, 2009 all the predictions that didnt come true. LOL

Or maybe they are removing the silly pictures....or adding their 2007/08 NYE pictures!

Or maybe they received further predictions from Battlestar Galactica and are updated it.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

well i too am channeling a source and iv known this source over 20 years . i see it now, its becoming clear...the message is starting to make sense...ah i see now.

the message is two fold first a perdiction(tommorow you will wake up , you will eat , use the bathroom, do some stuff and then go to bed)

the second part: my source can kick her sources ass

this message brought to you by the lobster nation.

[edit on 1/19/2008 by krill]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
well it took 2 hours longer then the time stated for re laundh but the site is back up can any one notice if anything has changed or been alterd?

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
What a load of mammoth gas. The bs flag has been thrown on the site in question. The only way to bring creditability to the UFO movement is with creditable scientific research.

Galactic what...someone has been reading or watching tooooo many bad si-fi books and movies.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by maryjenkins
What do people think who come to this site and listen to ATS MIX? They are making jokes about everything, including the people they are trying to interview. They remind me of the "Morning Zoo" morning radio shows of the 70s. What are jokers like that doing on a supposedly serious web site? Maybe they could make some funny songs about the war in Iraq? Like: "I'm going to Iraq and I'm never coming back."

I'm asuming you posted this because you feel that the majority of replies to your OP are less than fawning in their content? ATS does have a sense of humour, and a good one at that, so can you blame anyone for using such good material as you have supplied?

ATS is also, and here I agree with you, a serious web-site. It deals in important, sometimes sensitive issues with decorum and respect. Those who feel free to breach this environment of trust with plainly spurious stories and theories will, quite rightly, be ridiculed and vilified for doing so.

But they are still allowed to post, and that is the important thing.

Maybe, hopefully, the negative responses you have received will open your eyes to the greater, and far more relevant aspects of the ETH/UFO phenomena. No one, and no faith based or ego-centric organisation especially, are in possesion of all the answers.

IMO, any UFO society who depend on channelled communication with ETs are being duped by individuals who have deep seated problems. No doubt they are hearing voices, but you have to seriously question the voices when they are short on content and full of new-age blather.

Now you may hit the ignore button.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish
I have to admit to a totally irrational dislike of this kind of psuedo-spiritual-wannabe-proto-religious clap trap. Few things wind me up, unfortunately this kind of wool-pulling is one of them. They are ruining the study of UFOs. In my opinion, this kind of society, and its accompanying preachy hokum, are the first kind that is pointed out when anyone wants to "prove" that all those even remotely interested in UFOs are just plain nuts.

When there are several, serious minded, grounded, investigative organisations available on the internet, why for goodness's sake, would anyone be drawn in by this bunch of desperate attention seekers?

Rhetorical question, really; all these channelling groups supply is a focus for people who have deep seated needs, either religious or societal, that they cannot fulfill in the real world. This organisation is acting as a religion; members feel safe spreading the "message" because it fits their own paradigms, absorb every new "channeled" prophecy as a given truth because of the alleged extraterrestial sources, all without having to worry about the lack of any real proof of the veracity of their supposed alien contacts because the channelers are looked upon as chosen ones.

So if these people are actually recieving messages from advanced/higher/spiritual beings, where are their real clinchers? The sort of message or information that would grab the world's attention, be provable and workable, thus assuring that everyone will listen to them in the future? Anything will do; the methodology needed to build clean, free energy generators; the pointer towards how we might find the cure for as yet incurable diseases; the mechanics of antigravity?

No, all we get are hazy predictions and get-out clauses.

And the mention of "Galactic Command"? Please don't tell me they're affiliated, or even a split-off group from the Ashtar Galactic Command? Oh, for pete's sake...

excellent post imho.....

i totally agree with your perspective on this situation. but theres always that nagging voice in my head that says what if they are right ?...lol

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
excellent post imho.....

i totally agree with your perspective on this situation. but theres always that nagging voice in my head that says what if they are right ?...lol

Well, there is always that possibility.

However, when dealing with possible ET communication, who can say, with absolute conviction, how contact will actually manifest? Not me for one.

But, assuming that we are dealing with species whose culture is at least grounded in some kind of recognisable logic, then we should also assume that any alien society worth their salt will have done some basic research regarding how we approach new, and untried prophets. If this "Galactic Command" are actually channelling ET, then God help us all, as they are exhibiting abysmally bad choices in regard to their representitives.

And here's a prophecy of my own: maryjenkins will not reply to this post anymore; this will either be through sheer frustration at the level of negative replies, or she has no arguement to counter the objections contained in our replies.

I know which option I will put my money on...

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish

Originally posted by easynow
excellent post imho.....

Well, there is always that possibility.

However, when dealing with possible ET communication, who can say, with absolute conviction, how contact will actually manifest? Not me for one.

But, assuming that we are dealing with species whose culture is at least grounded in some kind of recognisable logic, then we should also assume that any alien society worth their salt will have done some basic research regarding how we approach new, and untried prophets. If this "Galactic Command" are actually channelling ET, then God help us all, as they are exhibiting abysmally bad choices in regard to their representitives.

And here's a prophecy of my own: maryjenkins will not reply to this post anymore; this will either be through sheer frustration at the level of negative replies, or she has no arguement to counter the objections contained in our replies.

I know which option I will put my money on...

if this galactic command are actually channelling ET, then God help us all, as they are exhibiting abysmally bad choices in regard to their representitives

oh my God....you had me laughing good on that one....

yes thats just it we dont really know how this contact could happen....so until it does i gotta keep an open mind no matter how crazy it may seem

[edit on 19-1-2008 by easynow]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Damn.
Makes me want to start my own church.
"The holy church of universal profit"
The only way to enlightenment is to make me rich, thus will the goolactic underlords find your soul worthy.

Maybe I'll deem the evil weed a sacrament?

Sorry, really, but just couldn't resist.
Buy my book!!!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Glad the website tried to upload spyware to my computer:

downloader.win32.spygame

Thanks cosmicawareness, for making me aware that your site is not only useless, but dangerous to browse.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join