It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What’s wrong with purposely causing the extinction of animals?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Personally I think the OP should be banned from life because i could live just fine without you. Plus you're annoying.
doesn't that make perfect sense ?
NO.

I guess people can try and explain the food chain to you, the energy dispersal between living organism and Mother Earth and so on..
BUT
If you have to ask this question.. then no one can teach you. Even with plain ole science. You're the guy that would follow Hitler's orders to burn the Jew without conscience because Germany "would be better off without them" and you certainly could understand THAT..

sigh

b

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
When a bug dies in the woods it decomposes into a fertile soil. in this soil a plant grows. the plant grows to become a tree and converts co2 (i think) into oxygen, this oxygen is the very same stuff that humans breathe.

It really is a circle of life!!

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

To be a human and be so arrogant (as we all are) to assume that we are of superior intelligence or better than all, and righteous enough to make decisions on what lives or dies, sends a terrible message to nature as a whole and helps draw the conclusion in a logical sense as to what "Bugs" really might need to be driven to extinction.

We are the (self-proclaimed) most intelligent creatures on earth, yet we sometimes do and say the dumbest things.

Perhaps based on that we can conclude that we are no one to judge whether something else's presence is justified or not, but rather, question where we fall into the equation and our justification. Especially since I cannot think of any vital role we play in te grand scheme.

I would like to hear some opinions on what our role is on earth in the grand scheme. What do we bring to the table? Is our destructive nature and our intelligence by design, or are we simply a virus that will eventually die off when nature makes a decision?

Just my thought....

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I'm with Bsphiracy on this one. When a member of ats gives you good reason for not exteriminating certain species you revile them with a teenagers backtalk that would turn any insolent sot over one's knee and proceed with extreme prejudice. Tell you what, lets get rid of all the snake and spider haters and let THEM live in peace. Funnel spiders in aussie land aren't really unfriendly, they just don't like it when you stick your foot into an otherwise occupied sneaker.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Andre we can't just purposely cause the extinction of certain animals because there is a balance in nature that must not be broken. If this balance is broken then it can have extreme consequences on the environment which will directly affect you, me, and everyone else.

How do you know how much spiders contribute to the environment other than biting people and being a common nuisance. Maybe spiders and other insects are apart of the important balance in the environment that keeps everything running efficiently.

Everything is here for a reason.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lukemiester
When a bug dies in the woods it decomposes into a fertile soil. in this soil a plant grows. the plant grows to become a tree and converts co2 (i think) into oxygen, this oxygen is the very same stuff that humans breathe.

It really is a circle of life!!

This is one of the things I had in mind when I was referring to balance.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Ok I’m back…..it’s going to take another hour or two to reply to all the posts I haven’t been around for……. I’m yet to do the 100 species thing….I just woke up about an hour ago…..give me some time…

I’d just like to point out I don’t hate all animals…I’ve got two dogs of my own…that I love with all my heart….yes they can be annoying but I’m not going to kill them just because they might piss on the furniture or something…I’m talking about wiping out a small number of species from the planet that has no real use, that are a threat to us. .and wont upset the ecosystem…. seeing how we are as of right now causing the extinction of animals and other creatures…..it doesn’t look like the ecosystem is going to fall apart because of it…..

[edit on 17-1-2008 by andre18]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
ecological science, you might want to look into it.
this topic is pointless..

kangaroos became a problem in australia because we have little/no predators. its well known that if large predators are taken out of the environment, herbivorous grazers will thrive. you can thank the indigenous australian's for killing off australian's carnivorous mega-fauna 50,000 year ago.

this problem you speak about arose BECAUSE of humans causing the extinction of species.

[edit on 17/1/08 by cheeser]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
This is one of the most unintelligent posts I've seen on ATS, and that's really saying something.

Pretty much, insects make the world go around, they were here before us, and they will be here long after us, even if we kill ourselves in a nuclear holocaust.

Did you know that if bees become extinct, we follow them into that cold dark night within a year. That is one good enough reason to keep insects around IMO.

PS - I am a terrible arachnophobiac, but thats no reason to kill all the spiders off... other than maybe the Funnelweb.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DrBones666

I’m not talking about killing off every single insect and animal on the planet....just a few we don't really, really need.....and as you just said ....the funnelweb spider......just goes to show I’m not the only one who thinks we don't need certain insects....

Now I’m going to spend some time replying to posts that are way back in the thread i haven’t been around for ....... people ask me a question...I’m doing my best to answer them..

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
You do your best dear Andre. I see your point I really do. I'm certain Adam and Eve did as well when they were cast out of the funnel web spider free zone.
When you have your coffee and wake up, think about how implausible it is to erradicate pesky pesks. I have never liked spiders, thousand leggers, or anything that might bite my arse in the night. The simple fact of the matter is, it can't be done. Plain and simple.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

"it can't be done. Plain and simple."

If we can send people to the moon about 40 years ago…I’m sure we can kill a few bugs…

pweagle

Ok imagine this you get your wish and all the annoying animals are killed off and your stilled annoyed except it’s a little brother or sister that’s annoying you this time and you think to your self “ Well, I can live with out a few of them and decide their annoying and useless” but Guess what? The person next to you is thinking the same damb thing about you. So who’s to say it will end at insects.

Well actually we do that all the time…we’ve got a religious war that’s been going on for I don’t know how bloody long….these two sides dislike each other….and so they begin to kill each other because of some stupid disagreement on an idea about the origins of the universe someone cam up with thousands of years ago..

BluByWho heart

Who are you to decide what lives and dies?

Why don’t you ask yourself that…I bet any money you’ve probably killed a few hundred or so misquotes or flies or some type of insect in your life time ….simply because they were a distraction…an irritation…. a simple inconvenience…. I willing to bet any money everyone on ATS has done the same… the same thing goes with this idea….only…I’m preposing we take out the most lethal and dangerous ones….(as long as it doesn’t cause any real negative impacts to the planet…food chain etc…)

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

ANDRE18, MAYBE YOU MIGHT WANT TO CONSIDER THINGS OTHER THAN YOURSELF. WHAT MAKES A PERSON MORE DESERVING OF LIFE THAN ANY OTHER ORGANISM? WHAT ARE WE BUT A BLIP IN EXISTENCE, EXISTING FOR ONLY A MOMENT ON A SPECK OF COSMIC DUST? And plus, if you took out the insects we'd all die.

And I mean so what if someone's killed a few mosquitoes and bugs? It's the natural way of things, just as a lion would kill its prey and chimps would kill lice. They reproduce so quickly that it does not matter. But to want to exterminate them all is a completely different mindset altogether. It is like the difference between anger and rage, where anger is based upon rational cause and effect (you hurt me, now I'm angry), while rage is not (I'm enraged). Same with killing insects and extermination, where the former is rational, as long as the killing is effected by something the insect did/is doing, while extermination is just plain retarded.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by italkyoulisten]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
There's no basis for his argument. He doesn't respond to the reasonable and obvious facts that are being argued against him. Obviously Andre18 is merely seeking attention.

Case in point is that he stayed up until 5am monitoring the responses, all of which are overwhelmingly against his deranged theory.

It's reminding me of a Planet X thread

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattguy404
There's no basis for his argument. He doesn't respond to the reasonable and obvious facts that are being argued against him. Obviously Andre18 is merely seeking attention.

Case in point is that he stayed up until 5am monitoring the responses, all of which are overwhelmingly against his deranged theory.

It's reminding me of a Planet X thread

I'm responding to as many as i can at once....you try responding to someone but as soon as you do...you've another 5 or so people asking something.....it takes time....

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
What purpose do Humans have? It's not cold heated, it's common sence.

We should all kill ourselves.

And to be quiet frank, I am ashamed being a Melburnian because of people like you. Ignored.

[edit on 17/1/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Spec01

Man is the first 'animal' that affects the whole planet. So we're a little different.

Well we aren’t the first creatures….insects…..are and were the first to become the dominant species on the planet……that moulded the planet to there liking….they also adapted….they adapted so damn well they have lived for billions for years…the same goes for bacteria and oceanic life….The Dinosaurs have also for a long period of time become the dominant species…..that have conquered the earth…we are no different from them…Dinosaurs, insects, etc…..the only difference is we are the most intelligent…being an animal is irrelevant whether it’s a giant reptile that lived millions of years ago, or giant insects that lived billions of years ago……

Trauma

It's called THE FOOD CHAIN.

Yep a food chain that’s been around changing every day for the past billion years….in which has been disrupted by earthquakes, volcanic activity , floods etc….we are apart of nature as are insects ….we’ve just been able to drastically adapt the planet to our needs because of our intelligence….if we kill off say just one species that we determine to poses any real threat to the ecosystem then there should be no problem….another point is we are already causing the extinction of animals every day, every week through hunting, fishing etc….animals are also becoming extinct through the causes of nature every week as well, the food chain is still balanced….it still goes on…we as a human race still live on….As I keep stressing….I’m not talking about killing off every single creature besides us on the planet…

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
Spec01

….if we kill off say just one species that we determine to poses any real threat to the ecosystem then there should be no problem….

By that statement all humans should start jumping off their nearest cliff in unison.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mattguy404

Again.....humans are humans....animals are animals....when a human is an inconvenience to another...say someone kills another....we don't kill them according to the law....( unless you live in Texas..
)

But when say a dog attacks a child....it is put down...simply put we don't give a (....) about animals....as we do ourselves.....

malganis

You can't just kill animals because they annoy you, humans are probably the most annoying species to for all the others to share a planet with. It's not just 'our' planet.

That’s probably true….we are probably an inconvenience to most creatures on the planet…and what do animals do to other animals in the wild who are an inconvenience.. they kill them….and if they’re food…they eat them…you have an infestation of what ever in your home mice…ants…etc…you call people to kill the lot of them…..either way….extinction…..house hold problem….we are killing them because of their inconvenience to us…….

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Talk about a silly topic.

Whatever, I'll bite this ought to be fun.

As Elton John said 'It's the Circle of Life (Ingonyama nengw' enamabala)'

The insects you speak of either eat, or are eaten by animals that are necessary for the survival of other animals.

You brought up earlier that Maggots take a long time to devour a body, but that's not true. They eat a lot for their size, and if they didn't eat the body bacteria would. That same bacteria would thrive and become toxic to other animals, humans included. but Blah blah blah, you know that.

It looks like you're looking to rack up points by inciting a silly issue that no one would agree with you on. Since you're new to ATS I'll give you a tip.

You could receive as many points with one well thought out and articulate post as you would with 500 posts of people disagreeing with you on this thread. I recommend contributing something worthwhile to the board if you're looking for those high numbers.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join