It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your theory about aliens?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I believe in the existence of aliens just as much as I accept gravity and evolution as fact. Our universe is just too large for there to be any doubt whatsoever.

I think there may be up to a thousand alien species regularly visiting/observing our planet. Before you call me crazy realize that new estimates of the Milky Way's size put it at 400 billion stars. Let's say that if only 1% of those stars have habitable planets, that would mean 4 billion habitable planets in our galaxy alone!

I think it might be unlikely for any alien species from other galaxies to reach us, the distance seems too far. Maybe, maybe the aliens from the Canis Major Dwarf galaxy, which is the closest galaxy to us at just 25,000 light years away, can reach us, but that's a big if.

Why are they visiting and observing us? I think they do this to all developing species. I think there may be a large universal government governing most known intelligent species. We are probably designated as an endangered and protected species much as we designate our endangered animal species.

I think this universal government idea might be the only plausible explanation for there having been no outright attack on our planet yet. If i'm right about there being many species visiting/observing us, which species would dare attack us in plain view of the universal government? No one.

So if there's so many species observing us, how come none of them have ever presented themselves to us? I think that perhaps the universal government has a law that says no one can interfere with our technological development, not unlike Star Trek's Star Fleet's prohibition of interfering with pre-warp civilizations.

I'd be interested in hearing your theories about aliens.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Cool post!!!! I agree 100% with you on this one!:
the universe is to big for us to be alone. In the Bible(cant remember where) it is written that God said that we are only one sheep of a herd that he created!

Why we are visited by aliens, have no idea

Are they only here to monitor us not to destroy earth! or are they here to learn from us or teach.

but what do you hear from people being ubducted?horror stories!
Why are they scared to make contact to the world?i would say that the world will be in chaos,religion would fall apart!

(this is my opinion)
thanks
sorry for the spelling

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I believe there is some substance to UFO's, but as to who or what is driving them, i cannot say.

The 2 theories that intrigue me the most though are:

Aliens are God

Erich Von Daniken wrote the novel Chariots of the Gods, which delved deeply into the possibility that humanity was created, or given a push in the evolutionary process, by an alien presence.

He referenced many ancient wonders and artifacts that have strange properties such as the Nazca lines, The Piri Reis map etc.

Basically he was saying that if a ship landed and it's inhabitants taught neanderthals how to light fire etc. or even bred with them, that the pre-humans would regard them as Gods from the sky and worship them for centuries to come as being their creators. This has evolved over the thousands of years since but although it is expressed in many different forms today, modern Religions are still praying to the same Alien gods that created us many years ago.

How UFOs tie in is up to you. They could be observation craft, with abductions a way to study the evolution of our physical form. They could be something entirely unrelated.

The other theory that interests me is:

Aliens are us from the future

About as probable as Australia winning the next Soccer world cup, but still interesting as speculation.

The theory is that the big eyed, frail Greys are the human race after many millions of years of evolution that has gradually replaced physical power with mental power. This has resulted in infertility (ever seen a Grey with genitals?) and the need for changes to be made for the race to survive.

So, in millions of years time they create time travel and return to the 2000's to remove DNA etc. from humans so they can repair their reproductive systems and reverse the physical frailty of the evolutionary process.

There was once a chart posted here that was similar to the Darwin model of evolution with the ape - human scale. It had humans as we are now and the in-between phases of a theoretical evolution into Grey aliens. It also explained how and why many of the changes would take place such as the large eyes, weaker bodies and lack of genitalia.

I don't prescribe to either of the above theories, just throwing them out there for you.

If you haven't heard of a lot of the things mentioned above like the Piri Reis map please look them up. They are fascinating to read about.

Foof.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by fooffstarr]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Leto

the "Drake Equasion" estimates there are 10 civilizations in this Galaxy
able to communicate with earthlings.

'google' or 'answers.yahoo' are a couple of searches for Drake Equasion.

~~~~~~~~~~
now after that sensible, reasoning about other intelligent civilizations in
just our galaxy...
I'd say that the religious entities of Angels and Demons are what's been passed down about early man's actual contact with aliens.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
My view on this is that I believe there to be Aliens out there somewhere in the Universe, whether or not they have visited us is another thing all together. On another post here they had a report on UFO reports written off as normal and explainable things; it was a very high percentage after investigation. I have seen planes in the sky which are a lot different to what we would normally know of as planes, but there again there has to be planes being tested all the time in the skies. Recent UFO report of the Dorito Shaped UFO which was also spotted over Belgium in the 90's seemed to be a different shape and had a different propulsion but to me looked to be Human made.

There are a lot of reports and I've seen many programs of UFO craft flying fast and changing direction very quickly, which would be impossible with our current understanding of Gravity, the only way it would be possible is for these craft to be Un-manned tested craft. If aliens are visiting earth and have been for years then they are quite obviously thousands of years ahead of us just to understand space travel over the speed of light.

The whole thing about aliens being God tho to me is pretty much wishful thinking to some people. It's just as bad as certain religious beliefs in itself, we know scientifically how our ozone was created and we know that the Earths life is water base and is based on all aspects of this planet; distance from the Sun etc.. There are still forms of life in the sea which we know nothing about.

No-one has photos or video evidence of other life forms similar to us which makes the whole UFO/Alien thing a lot harder to prove. It also makes it interesting to read about tho. I hope there is other life out there in the universe.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
reply to post by Leto

the "Drake Equasion" estimates there are 10 civilizations in this Galaxy
able to communicate with earthlings.

'google' or 'answers.yahoo' are a couple of searches for Drake Equasion.

The Fermi paradox has also been challenged by Dr Amir Aczel, he has written a book on the subject called 'Probability One', available on Amazon.

Every thoughtful person wonders about the possibility that life exists elsewhere in the universe. Hollywood has made a lot of money from movies based on the assumption that alien life-forms exist; and now Amir D. Aczel sets out to prove they do -- although there has been no well-authenticated ''contact,'' and despite the fact that life on earth is the only life we actually know.

Article NY Times

(The Fermi paradox: The Fermi paradox is the apparent contradiction between high estimates of the probability of the existence of extraterrestrial civilizations and the lack of evidence for, or contact with, such civilizations.)

[edit on 16-1-2008 by tangent45]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
read the book called "the hidden records 1 by Wayne Herschel" there is a chapter in called masked gods,there is pictures of Mayan`s that look if the person had a space suite on! really interesting pictures!

do you believe in the stargate maybe humans could off use it in the future to come back know!to monitor us and to prevent us from destroying our world and our human bodies!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I am going to write abook about aliens, it'll have lots of photographs of
ancient drawings and carvings and I'll imply underneath the pics what
they might be.
Rule 1. All aliens used to wear space helmets, you'll see them carved
by past races on rocks and such.
Rule2. They left a secret and sometimes helped races to draw big birds
and spiders on desert floors... it's to help, you see.
Rule 3. They love leaving cryptic messages in cornfields, oh I know
they could come out and say "Hi! we're here" but that would kill a whole
lecture/book sales and mechandise industry.
Rule 4. Every craft, whether they're from Ray Meier's mob or George Bush/
Queen of England/any other celebrity's relation have the ability to blur
any image that's taken of said craft... it's almost god-like.
Rule5. THIS IS IMPORTANT. You... yes you, are the main character in
this movie you're living, you are the one who knows what's really going on.

For those who are pretty new at it, take the journey, buy the books,
look up George Knapp, believe any video from Mexico and please, please
go on the lectures. Remember, have your money ready in your hand.

Oh and don't forget, when you relate your experiences to fellow ATSers,
please connect it to a movie with quotes like: "I agree, it was like I
was Jodie Foster in Contact or something..."

I'm a little unsure, but am I supposed to say at this point something about
I agree that there may be life out there and surely they must have visited
us, surely they've left us with...

It's a crock, you're an animal that can communicate with your fingers,
look around you.
P.S you could always use the favourite?... 2012 will they come?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I believe in aliens and life on other planets. Like so many others have said, "you'd have to be ignorant not to.". That being said, it makes way more sense to me to say that an alien race altered the genetic code of a species (perhaps monkeys) which became us, than to say we were "created" by God.

I believe that one of the reasons they are here is that they are checking up on their work. Who knows what their motives are for altering us from our original genetic makeup....but they are here nonetheless.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
my theory is there are probably other civilizations somewhere in the universe but we are too far apart in space & time to ever come into contact. Which is quite a sad thought

[edit on 16-1-2008 by yeti101]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Uhm they have? What about the countless sightings.
Honestly this post is just like 30 other's I've seen here the past few weeks..asking a very basic question thats been discussed many many times before..not to be a jerk but if you only looked a few pages back your question has been answered already.
ts just a form of trolling these questiosn are so is it an organized trolling 'event' thats going on or part of a government pysiops to subvert any real info that might enter these forums? Its very subtle I know but very evident...good job.

Of course someone will say "how dare you say that to an innocent question!!"
but common sense tells me something else is going on with these people..

So if there's so many species observing us, how come none of them have ever presented themselves to us?
I'd be interested in hearing your theories about aliens.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by jainatorres]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
My tentative hypothesis is that there there are NO such things as Extraterrestrial Biological Entities, EBE's. We know this because we have absolutely ZERO proof that such entities exist.

But here's what we do know of which WE DO have proof in regards to the existence of what some call Aliens. And that proof is in the form of photographs. Allow me to continue.

There are unseen beings that are called the Jinn and one needs to research information on these beings that's recorded in documents and artistic renderings from the pre-Islamic world in order to know the original usage of this term. The information about the Jinn in the Koran is interpreted within the context of that religion but in the pre-Islamic world, that term's definition was much broader than what's in the Koran.

The Jinn is a very general term but other cultures throughout the world have many other names for them. The bottom line is that there are good Jinn and that there are also trickster-like Jinn, but unlike us, they live in another world that's outside of our own perceived physical reality. John Keel calls them Ultra-terrestrials but I choose to call them simply Unseen Terrestrial Intelligences, UTI's.

UTI's are capable of sometimes partially materializing into our reality where they can even physically effect our reality in some ways. Some types of them are shape-shifters.

There also may be, though we are only basing this on information from those who claim to have communicated with such beings, something called Extraterrestrial Materialized Entities, EME's. These types of beings supposedly come from places that are outside of our planet. In other words, unlike UTI's who are from our planet and reside here, EME's claim to be from other places outside of our planet. They don't live here and they only visit. They are inter-transdimensional beings but they are not physical biological beings in the sense that we define what is physical and what is 'biological' (this goes for UTI's too) Like UTI's, these beings too are able to materialize into our reality and effect it in some ways.

And unlike EBE's, which in my view do not exist, in the case of UTI's and EME's we DO have proof that such beings exist.

Below are a few examples of UTI's/EME's:

[edit on 16-1-2008 by Palasheea]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I believe there is some kind of life outside of our "world".

But I dont really believe they are little grey/green martian type beings - that everyone loves to draw

I believe more in the supernatural world - angels, demons (fallen angels) and believe they are among us every day and can become human form. But I dont believe they come to ATS to chat with the rest of us

Im also not completely sure on life from elsewhere traveling by space ships. Like, I cant see an angel or spiritual type figure sitting inside of a vehicle. I havent seen any pictures or video that are remotely believable....yet.

Maybe my beliefs on this are due to my experiences and the "proof" I see others providing.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
My main contention is that there are no EBE's here on our planet because we have absolutely ZERO proof of that.

This said, there ARE unseen entities, of which we DO have proof of in the form of photographic images, which many times are being misinterpreted as beings from other planets but there are also beings who DO claim to be from other worlds also but they are NOT physical, biological beings as what's promoted by those in the Nuts and Bolts UFO community.

And throughout the ages, such beings of either sort have been identified and labeled according to ones culture and religious and or esoteric belief system where Angel's and Demon's is the pervasive theme in such interpretations -- unfortunately.

Many are unable to go outside of their religious belief's to truly understand these phenomena...

It's all about Denying Ignorance.... interpreting such beings within a religious context of any sort is NOT the way such phenomena should be analyzed and evaluated. Things need to be evaluated and interpreted on a much more broader scale than just using ones religion, in this case Christianity, to interpret what UFOs and Aliens are.. lol.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by Palasheea]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Leto

It appears that at least some of us are plugged into some type of interactive matrix controlled by other worlds or peoples. I am also reminded of sci-fi movies such as Brainstorm,Darkman and the Truman Show.

Some also mention timeloops supposedly caused by mankinds foolish attempts with time traveling technologies and other similarly advanced technologies, then supposedly aquired and retrieved by naive compassionate visitors. Remember the story and lesson of the Trojan Horse?

If these other worlds have been watching us from the beginning, then I highly doubt that we are truly responsible for these dilemmas and that we have been given the tools for our own alleged destruction and then manipulated in order to teach us that we are incapable of evolution and joining the federation.

It just may also be that our solar system was constructed to restart every so many thousands of years, just as we also can rewrite or erase or even save information on a chalkboard etc. and than start over again.

Mankind and this world is then basically someone elses controlled experiments for whatever agendas they deem possible with us. Even a zoo animal has a limited amount of freewill in it's controlled illusionary environments.

Many humans seem to believe they are also being watched and manipulated, possibly by instinct and suppressed memories that just won't entirely go away, and than manifest themselves in dreams, panic attacks and anxiety from certain triggers.

Our alleged free will on this planet may be our ability to more freely express ourselves with our imaginations like a think tank or control group of computers. But the ideas agendas and plans may not always be our own either.

The end justifies the means, but for whose means? ours or just other worlds?

[edit on 16-1-2008 by aleon1018]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Aleon, intriguing observations and I like your approach on this dilemma.

The only way to attempt to explore those answers out there to those questions you are posing in your comments is to investigate the ET/UFO phenomenon in a holistic manner integrating a global point-of-view of religious and philosophical thought systems AND physics and science -- uncontaminated by extremists fundamentalist perspectives from each sector -- in short, the middle way is always the best place to come from in the search for the truth in this regard.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrChipps
I believe in aliens and life on other planets. Like so many others have said, "you'd have to be ignorant not to.". That being said, it makes way more sense to me to say that an alien race altered the genetic code of a species (perhaps monkeys) which became us, than to say we were "created" by God.

I believe that one of the reasons they are here is that they are checking up on their work. Who knows what their motives are for altering us from our original genetic makeup....but they are here nonetheless.

One problem with that is that there must certainly be more than one species of aliens observing us, based on the many varying accounts of eyewitness reports of UFOs I myself estimate that up to a thousand alien species observe or know about us.

Let's say you're right about one of them having directly altered our genetic makeup. How would the other aliens react to that?

I don't know if you've heard of the Anunnaki, if you haven't I think you will be interested in them. Six thousand years ago (the Sumerians are the oldest known human civilization) the Sumerians wrote that the Anunnaki came from space to create mankind. Here's some interesting links:
xfacts.com...
www.planetxvideo.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
greeneyedleo,

I beg to disagree. I don't believe that ET's are DEMONS but check out

ReginaAdonnaAaron's BEAST thread in the Predictions forum:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It sounds like you may find her theories on all of this interesting; I do but only because I'm intrigued by different belief systems... especially new ones. Also, she wrote up a long post in another forum sometime last year or so about ET's being Demons and oddly enough, the avatar that she used in that forum is the same avatar (except for the symbol you have above that eye) you are using in this one!

[edit on 17-1-2008 by Palasheea]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leto

I don't know if you've heard of the Anunnaki, if you haven't I think you will be interested in them. Six thousand years ago (the Sumerians are the oldest known human civilization) the Sumerians wrote that the Anunnaki came from space to create mankind. Here's some interesting links:
xfacts.com...
www.planetxvideo.com...

Leto, the ats member Undo has a great on-going thread about this topic.. check the Stargate Are Real thread out!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's a very long thread but it's worth reading over because it's got just about everything you need to know about the Sumerians and the Anunnaki and related topics.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by Palasheea]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Personally I don't know if aliens exist. The drake equation suggests that intelligent space-traveling aliens probably exist but i'm not sure how valid some of the variables are. Variables like the probably of abiogenesis, evolution of intelligence(which is not the goal of evolution), would seem to me impossible to calculate at this point in our understanding of biology.

The sheer volume of systems though suggests that there is probably something out there so i must concede its' certainly conceivable. However i hope there is no life in space other then us. I'm terrified at the prospect there is life out there that is more advanced strictly due to the potential it could be hostile. I recognize advanced civilizations may be peaceful but i dont' believe this is universal. If a potential species could be hostile or benevolent i'de rather there be nothing. i have a thread discussing my fears called "Hostile alien life, exercise caution"

If there is intelligence out there i hope we are more advanced then it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join