It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people hate conspiracies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Anyone that has taken a history class or that has been in public school education or any sort of education knows that any government that oversees a large population is corrupt and condones criminal acts. We must see what the government is doing behind the scenes and we must expose the truth of their actions so that people know what they have been doing and that what they have been doing is wrong. Clearly in recent years, since World War II, our government has become the target of many conspiracies regarding technology, and the cold war, and aliens. Why would our government commit unlawful acts and expect the public to believe that they have done nothing wrong? We live in a dystopia. Nothing is perfect, really, and our government isn't perfect either. People shouldn't learn to hate conspiracies, they should learn to find them, so that they can bring out the bad people that are in power and expose them for their lies before they cause more harm to our government.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Not sure what you're asking. Why do people hate conspiracies? Or, why do people hate conspiracy theories?

I think you mean the latter rather than the former. Anyway, I think it's because most conspiracy theories tend to be very complex and convoluted. If group A is involved, then groups B, C and D must be as well by association. Most people can't think like that and quite frankly, find it ridiculous to even try.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I think conspiracies have somehow gotten a bad rap. If one believes in conspiracy theories, then s/he has his/her tinfoil hat on or something. As they say one bad apple spoils the bunch; there are a lot of nutty conspiracy theories out there. Conspiracy theories have been sullied by all the zany ones, and thus a lot of people don't want to touch or entertain a conspiracy theory about nearly any historical event.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
If the question your asking is why do people hate conspiracies: my answer would be, they don't. They just don't like to believe that other humans are capable of the things conspiracies bring to light.

If your question was meant to read why do people hate conspiracy theories; my answer would be: It takes them out of their comfort zone and my make them see a world that they aren't ready to accept.

[edit on 15-1-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Okay, let me make myself more clear. Why do people hate conspiracy theories? We see many conspiracy theories go on every day, but, people don't like to talk about them, and they'd like to only talk about the positive, without realizing that there is wrong with our government, and that our government is potentially on the brink of collapse?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I think a few of the reasons are fear, ignorance, media and religion.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I think a few of the reasons are fear, ignorance, media and religion.

[ dont understand this double post, i posted one time. ]

[edit on 15-1-2008 by abovetech]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
i tend to put part of the blame on this whole "think positive" crowd. I put some of the blame on people like myself as well, who have heard it all so many times, that we're just apathetic at this point.

I imagine 20 more years of apathy and cynicism like this, and I'll be wanting a NWO to come, just in bitter, bitter spite.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Your looking for agreement with your already established ideas that there are conspiracies around each corner and under every bush.

People don't hate conspiracies, but most people do not believe in foolish ideas or ideas based on nothing. This is the fault of the person stating a conspiracy as fact without needed proof. But then this proof is hidden by the government... see how this works.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
There's an awful lot of different conspiracy theories out there and one thing is for certain, they can't ALL be true. There most likely is some truth to some of them but definitely not all, there's lots of disinformation out there. I find a lot of different theories interesting but I find it nearly impossible to come to any final conclusions a lot of the time.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I think people hate conspiracy theories because it would force them to think outside the box, to look at the bigger picture of whats going on around them. They have allowed themselves to get too comfortable and content with the status quo, as they have been conditioned to be. And conspiracy theories raisequestions that is/would be damaging to to status quo.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I think most people are afraid. Also they don't want anything to upset thier house, and picket fence, and their 2 kids and dog. They want to live in the little fantasyland bubble they've grown up believing.

Actually grew up being brainwashed, in school saying the pledge of allegiance everymorning.

They just won't believe our goverment would do anything to harm Americans. Most of these people don't even think the government would lie to them.

I think they just wanna be left alone and live thier life, and not be bothered worrying about uneccessary things like the "truth". Especially when there's more important things to worry about, like thier credit score, and thier SUV payments.

As they say Ignornace is bliss yes?

These people do not want anyone rocking the boat.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
People don't like to think that the grining,glad-handing politican they just voted for may be involved in something worse,that and a few nuts turn people against Conspiracy theories.

top topics

join