It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the US media want Britney dead?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
[I would say that motherhood is a fairly big responsibility. The implication it seems is that shes failing as a mother - whats that based on?

Um, the fact that she will drive with an infant upon her lap and not restrained in a proper child seat as mandated by law. The fact that she takes drugs in front of her children. The fact that she gets drunk in front of her children. The fact that she parades naked and engages in risque behavior in front of her children. The fact that she is pregnant and had to be rushed to the hospital for excessive drug use after holding her children hostage for nealry 3 hours defying a court order.

Need I continue? All of this has been documented through the custody hearings with her ex. It's not every day that the court will remove custody from a mother and order only SUPERVISED visitation. There has to be a mountain of evidence against her action s and behavior to warrant such an action.

I have no sympathy for Brittney - NONE! She has brought all of this upon herself. I seriously doubt that the media wants her dead - but it's difficult to turn away from a tragic accident and ignore all of the carnage left in it's wake - and THAT is exactly what Brittney's life is - a tragic accident.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
What is going on with ATSNN... scrolling down the recent posts and it is filled with some of the lamest, most moranic stuff I have ever seen on here.... I don't give a rats ass about brittney. she and her chums bore me to tears.

This is the General conspiracy forum, and the post is about a possible general conspiracy. Admittedly its lighter than some of the stuff put on here but hey - theres no restrictions on context as far as I'm aware.

Whats with the attitude?

[edit on 14/0108/08 by neformore]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Need I continue? All of this has been documented through the custody hearings with her ex. It's not every day that the court will remove custody from a mother and order only SUPERVISED visitation. There has to be a mountain of evidence against her action s and behavior to warrant such an action.

Your points are well made and well taken, BUT.

This kind of thing happens everyday, to other families, who aren;t subjected to the 400+ photographers etc.

So one can only assume that the media and the population in general who buy it get off on other peoples failings - which is kind of sick, don't you think?

I have no sympathy for Brittney - NONE! She has brought all of this upon herself. I seriously doubt that the media wants her dead - but it's difficult to turn away from a tragic accident and ignore all of the carnage left in it's wake - and THAT is exactly what Brittney's life is - a tragic accident.

Thats quite some vitriol. Failed marriages are made by two people, not just one you know. As for the "tragic accident" comment, its interesting - what makes you describe it like that?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Can't blame the media (specifically the tabloids) entirely. The consumers of such media are equally to blame. It's a psychological thing. Misery loves company. And when people see these bad things happen to somebody who's somewhat more successful than them, they get all warm and fuzzy inside.

Nihilistic, I know. But that's how society is today.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
They obviously still want her for mindcontrolling idol. But it seems she has refused.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
[Your points are well made and well taken, BUT.

This kind of thing happens everyday, to other families, who aren;t subjected to the 400+ photographers etc.

So one can only assume that the media and the population in general who buy it get off on other peoples failings - which is kind of sick, don't you think?

Thats quite some vitriol. Failed marriages are made by two people, not just one you know. As for the "tragic accident" comment, its interesting - what makes you describe it like that?

This may well happen to families everyday - but said families are not media whores as Brittney has been. Everyone (State side anyway) has seen her media ploys over and over again to know that she desires and brings upon the media frenzy on her own. Example: Notifying the photographers that she was going to do something outrageous then going in to shave her head for the cameras. Plenty of celebrities are able to avoid the media circus simply by not playing into it - she plays directly into knowing full well that she is receiving the publicity that she wants.

Yes, it is sick that people are fascinated by tragedy. It is macabre to want to watch the destruction of another human being - either physically or mentally or both. Yet, the vast majority of humans do it. Simply watch how traffic slows down when their is an accident on the side of the road - people slow down to look at the carnage.

I apologize if you view my post regarding Ms. Spears as being vitriolic, however I will have no sympathy for anyone who brings such events upon themselves. Just as she played the media for coverage and recognition, she now plays it for sympathy and I simply will not play along.

As far as a failed marriage requiring two people - no, only marriage requires two people - the failure of such can be due to one person. One person's failure to keep their vows is all it takes.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

simple answer:

a)Feed them the Britney crap

or

b)Do some real journalism and investigate the important issues.

People will still be more interested in Britney spears even as the first Amero's roll of the production line.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The media is awful. It was headlines last summer, when Britney gave Ranch Doritos and pop in a bottle to her kid. That is a joke.

It was also a bigger news event when Paris Hilton was ordered back to jail, while at the same time Al Gore's son was busted in California with a mass assortment of medicine's he didn't have prescriptions for. Al Gore was asked once about it, on an early morning show and he said it was a private family matter. That was over before it started!

Was there no lesson at all, to be learned from Diana's death? I've even seen Angelina Jolie speak about how invasive and mob like the media can be when her kids are with her. A simple request for them to use a lens was made.

Someone else is going to end up dead. Then it's too late.

[edit on 14-1-2008 by Myrtales Instinct]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Too true. More than enough to go around.

Having said that...I find it incredibly hypocritical of the editorial staff (such a grandiose name for such a bunch of unremarkable hacks) of these magazines to criticize her and worry about her in print, yet not even blink twice about buying photographs of her, and other celebs, at their lowest.

Another example is the "worry" about how skinny some actress/model is, yet they'll all but call someone else a whale when they put on a little extra weight.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Another example is the "worry" about how skinny some actress/model is, yet they'll all but call someone else a whale when they put on a little extra weight.

Hahha yeah, that's another puzzling aspect of human nature. Strange how when you meet someone you've not seen for a while they will either say

a. You've gained weight or
b. You look thin

It's very rarely you'll hear 'you look great!'

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Haaah...you are soo right.

My god, how long has it been, ten-twelve years? Have you gained some weight?

"Well yeah, I'm not 25 anymore you silly bugger*, this is what happens to alot of 40 plus people."

*bugger is not the word I'd have used...lol.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Britney Spears IMO craves the attention and seeks it out...thus the many bathroom stops/gas station stops in a single night at weird hours. She goes out of her way to get the paparazzi to follow and she toys with them.

I dont believe the media is wanting her dead. She is a very large part of the blame.

She could EASILY stay out of the lime light. Many many celebs do. She chooses not to.

She is destroying herself and proudly displaying it for the world to see. Not the media.

All of course just my opinion

[edit on 14-1-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul the seeker
They obviously still want her for mindcontrolling idol. But it seems she has refused.

She still is mindcontrolled, you could even say she's possessed. I'd say what you're seeing now could very well be some sort of ritual sacrifice that will result in her eventual death. They're using her mental problems to program the parents and kids to more readily accept anti-depressant therapy as a way to solve what once were life's everyday problems, if they haven't done that already.

Peace

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

please, at least hear my thoughts on this and read my prior post.

am i invisible on this thread? this is a feeding frenzie of piranhas. where is your objectivity? Tell me I'm not getting a feeling envy or maybe it might just be "if I were Britney, I'd........"

keep feeding. there are two dogs that live within us and the greater of the two is the one we feed the most.

belch!

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Britney doesn't really fit into my idea of the untalented wasters in this thread and to be quite honest I don't know much about her except for the news bulletins which seem to be becoming more frequent of late.

From what I do know, it seems that even in her darkest hour she seeks the limelight.
I say seems because to some it may be that way, to others it may seem a cry for help.

I've never really listened to her music - oh, I've heard it on he radio or on TV but never really listened if such a thing is possible.

That said, I think that she may be quite disturbed at the moment and in that case, she needs all the help, prayers, sympathy and strength she can get.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Damn you must be bored. Imagine ATS being reduced to a Tabloid.

Demeans the whole site. This would be better in Chat.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma

Originally posted by seagull

Hahha yeah, that's another puzzling aspect of human nature. Strange how when you meet someone you've not seen for a while they will either say

a. You've gained weight or
b. You look thin

It's very rarely you'll hear 'you look great!'

Manipulative marketing and advertising and media story's and headlines are aimed at making women feel insecure about their bodies. IT is very $ PRofitable$ you know. If women were easily secure in their looks beauty supply's and diet pills would sell a bit less IMO. granted there is nothing wrong w/ a lil makeup but between women obsessing about this and having a negative body image keeps them trying to live up to a unrealistic goals (5'10 and size 0) and speaking from a man's perspective (not even an attractive one) unless you like the idea of women with no hips and built like 14 year old boys. not my cup of tea

the britney thing does appear tragic in how pathetic the media is and how poorly britney's decison making has been. especially having the second child to save the marriage. Very selfish.

but the media is making things worse and they dont care cause it makes money, and people are buying the stuff. the world is a mess as always.

[edit on 14-1-2008 by cpdaman]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Damn you must be bored. Imagine ATS being reduced to a Tabloid.

Demeans the whole site. This would be better in Chat.

Had enough of this. Your the second poster who's had a go.

Who the hell are you to decide what gets put on ATS and what doesn't?

The question is a leigimate one. It relates to todays media and the way people percieve the world. It also refers to a dangerous precedent that - when the media deem it - people suddenly seem to have no right to privacy at all. How would you feel if this was you, your family or your sister that suddenly gets thrown into a media spotlight 24/7/365, and people who have no idea who this person really is and rely on "media outlets" for their information are literally baying for their blood?

If you can't see past the name "Britney Spears" and into the deeper sociological trend of this then thats your problem - if you don't like the post then don't contribute to it, but please do not just add assinine comments because it doesn't suit *you*

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by musselwhite
I watched my daughter metamorphasize (spelling?). I am so ashamed of watching her being eaten alive by the media piranhas. I will not watch someone being torn apart simply because we watch it and the ratings go up.

The public’s thirst for blood is sickening!

Not sure how I missed this but its exactly my point - specifically the last sentence.

The media has become a many headed serpent and it is - literally - capable of making and breaking a person. People fail to realise that in some cases, where people have mental problems, lives are in the balance - hence the title of the thread.

Imagine being an editor - or part of a corporate board - that can literally murder someone in full few of the public glare, and make money out of it?

Its not just Britney Spears either. Its happened to politicians, sports people, public figures - you name it.

When does "the public interest" and a "right to know" become a total invasion of privacy and a sick witch hunt? Whats the line (if any) that needs to be drawn and do individuals need better protection from over intrusive media in the same manner as we seem to need protection from over intrusive government?

Are invasive media and governmental snooping two sides of the same coin?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
They're using her mental problems to program the parents and kids to more readily accept anti-depressant therapy as a way to solve what once were life's everyday problems, if they haven't done that already.
Peace

See - now theres an excellent case in point - how much of the media is manipulated to garner sociological change in more subtle manners than we might expect?.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join