It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World must rally against Iran, says Bush

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   

World must rally against Iran, says Bush

www.news.com.au

US President George W. Bush said Iran is threatening the security of the world, and the United States and Arab allies must join together to confront the danger "before it's too late".

Mr Bush said Iran funds terrorist extremists, undermines peace in Lebanon, sends arms to the Taliban, seeks to intimidate its neighbours with alarming rhetoric, defies the United Nations and destabilises the entire region by refusing to be open about its nuclear program.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Here we go folks!

Bush is upping the anti on Iran and it wont be long now before something happens. How long before they attack?

It sure looks like Bush has his heart set on taking care of the Iranian issue before his term finishes.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I think the world should be rallying against George Bush for his religious fruitbatism. He is quoted as saying

"freedom and justice written into our hearts by Almighty God... no terrorists can take that away". Heres a man who thinks god is on his side - just as bad as the terrorists who think god is on theirs.

I for one will be glad when there is a new president (although I might choose to change my mind if that Huckabee nutter gets in).

Maybe someone in Israel will get a lucky shot in.

G

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Straight out of Israel with his orders to up the ante against Iran and go bomb them already!

How tiresome it must be for George that the rest of the world seemingly thinks he's full of crap and even his ME allies are making it clear that they'll not allow the US to launch attacks against Iran from their bases.
After all the previous lies, nobody takes his imagined threats seriously any more (if they ever did to start with).

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
"Iran funds terrorist extremists, undermines peace in Lebanon, sends arms to the Taliban, seeks to intimidate its neighbours with alarming rhetoric, defies the United Nations and destabilises the entire region by refusing to be open about its nuclear program. "

Is this quote from the OP not true?

Should we not do something about it?

Lot of whining going on by some who think the US is a terrible place, but if you're a terrorist nation, that's ok.

The US has shown a tremendous amount of restraint, too much in my opinion.

A couple of MOABs on the Iranian Presidential Palace as well as on the bloodthirsty Mullahs would cure the problem.

I'm pretty sure Iran would put its house in order after that and once again be a valued asset to the World Community.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desert Dawg
"Iran funds terrorist extremists, undermines peace in Lebanon, sends arms to the Taliban, seeks to intimidate its neighbours with alarming rhetoric, defies the United Nations and destabilises the entire region by refusing to be open about its nuclear program. "

OR HOW ABOUT

"The United States funds terrorist extremists, undermines peace in lebanon, sends arms to the Israelies, seeks to imtimidate the entire world with alarming rhetoric, defies the UN, and destabilizes regions by refusing to be open about its globilization goals'

[edit on 13-1-2008 by pavlovsdog]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desert Dawg
A couple of MOABs on the Iranian Presidential Palace as well as on the bloodthirsty Mullahs would cure the problem.

See, it's that king of arrogance and meddling other peoples business that makes enemies in the first place. Decades of meddling by the US, UK and others created all the hostility to begin with. So, the answer is to go murder a bunch more to show how tough we are? How very immature

We have been funding terrorism, destabilising countries and whole regions ourselves (well, our leaders and their corporate paymasters have) for a long time, that's why so many people in the ME and elsewhere show distrust and animosity. Treating people with respect and courtesy has always worked for me in my travels around the world. I'm sure if I went out robbing and killing, I'd be treated differently, is that so hard to understand?

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'm a Democrat and I don't care for Bush but I dislike the middle east more. Let him bomb them who gives a s*it

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

Because when you go around the world bombing people, sooner or later they're going to bomb you back.

Duh.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
How come I never hear on the news about what Iran says? Is it me, or does Bush makes more talking than Iran?

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
It struck me when I heard this, this rhetoric is not a justification for war with Iran, but rather a justification to stay in Iraq with military bases, a justification to continue to dole out tax dollars to Middle East countries for security, and a justification to have Middle East countries continue to dole out oil revenues to buy American military hardware.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally said by George W. Bush
“Iran is the world's leading state sponsor of terror,” Mr Bush said in a speech he delivered about midway through his eight-day Mid-East trip that began with a renewed push for an Israeli-Palestinian peace pact - an accord whose “time has come,” he said.

I thought Iraq was the world's leading state sponsor of terror, now he says it's Iran?

Ah screw it, how about let's just say the whole MIDDLE EAST supports the state of terror?!

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

After my prior post, I found this
This is rich!

POTUS should get a sales award!

SR

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Someone should sit old bill down and give him a coke and a smile and remind him that the USA is the only nation in history to use the nuclear bomb on people but this does not give them a monopoly over who else can make or produce nuclear reactors.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Does anyone else remember that russia said THEY WILL NUKE THE US if we attack IRAN or back them up with there army.

WE do not want them to attack iran.

do you want to be nuked for isreals problems they created.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Everything President Bush said about Iran is true, and Iran isn't backing down with it's threats. Iran is actually pushing for war, so don't be shocked if the United States isn't going to let them strike first.
Iran was looking for nuclear power, well perhaps now they're going to get it, just not in the way they had imagined it.

[edit on 13-1-2008 by laiguana]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Does anybody listen to our pathological lying, war-mongering, special interest-serving, delusional prez anymore? Every time the madman speaks, my skin crawls at his hypocrisy. He and his admin are the most dangerous people on the face of the earth right now, bar none.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
In a way i think bush is right,the world should stand together as 1 and sort out the terrorist threat wherever it may come from.
But the way it is being done i think is wrong,we all know iran is a threat but nobody is going to make any moves unless iran does something to prevoke a war.
Bush it seems to me that he just wants to go in there and wipe them off the planet which is good in theory but in the long term does nobody any good.

[edit on 13-1-2008 by rhynouk]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Oops, pretty bad timing too...

I think desert has a very good point - Bush is basically on a Mideast arms sales tour - the primary job of a President put in power by defense contractors and oil companies is to make sure his backers get a good return on their investment.

So as he tours Israel and the Gulf countries, he needs to crank up the fear so we can sell them more ammunition against the Iranian "threat" - already a sore issue with the Sunni Arab Gulf countries concerned about Persian influence on their own restive Shia minorities.

[edit on 1/13/08 by xmotex]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
And this will quickly become a neocon spank fest thread, with all the intellegent posters, leaving after their 1st and only post condemming what that brain dead president the US has (again neocons, NOT the people, but your ADMINISTRATION sucks big time).... so get ready after the next day, when all the war mongering, right wingers come out en masse, saying how big their gun/s are. *eye roll*

Sometimes I wonder if these pro-war children (because let's face it, they have childlike arguments) have any idea exactly what a war is, believing it to be some new video game, that is sanitised, and they can turn off anytime they want to go to the kitchen to feed up on milk and cookies.

Sorry, but I had to get that off my chest. Now forget I was even here...

watchZEITGEISTnow

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join