It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World must rally against Iran, says Bush

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
No wonder they hate us all, do you ever wonder whether they are right and the west is the 'Great Satan'.

All this over oil, when we should be looking to move away from it; i have read how people criticise the arabs for swandering the billions on junk we have had plenty of time to look at solutions but have been too lazy/greedy to find alternatives. Sigh!!

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnnyforeigner
No wonder they hate us all, do you ever wonder whether they are right and the west is the 'Great Satan'.

Maybe not necessarily the west itself, but definitely it's leadership.

The sad thing about this is it is further beginnings of the beating of the war drums. it looks like we WILL be at war with Iran before 1-20-09. All because of our idiot puppet of a leader.

we as American's have lost our way. once we face this fact we can gather up the tattered flags of our nation and rebuild it anew, as our founding fathers requested we do every 200 years.

Just like Rome our leadership will destroy everything before they fall, as it stems from the mentality of 'if I'm going down I'm taking everybody else with me'; which is fairly common attitude for westerners in power. What the people must do is prepare themselves for this fall, do what we can to keep the peace until it occurs; and seize the day the moment the next opportunity arises to rebuild our once great nation.

The blood stains upon our hands will not wash away easily. We will have to repay the world for the sins of our leaders; but we can control who those puppet leaders are... and determine whether or not we pay for their sins with our lives.

Bush is Nero. Nero is Bush. period.

Coven

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desert Dawg
The US has shown a tremendous amount of restraint, too much in my opinion.

Restraint? Oh yes because it's so hard for old Georgie not to just send his whole nuclear arsenal at Iran, it really is. He'd love to see some fireworks but he's just not allowed yet! Poor Georgie!

Look, if Iran makes one move on the US or it's allies, we could destroy them within weeks. There's no reason for a pre-emptive attack at all, apart from George wants another war. And the only way he's going to get a war is by provoking Iran with stupid statements like this.

How about the world rallies against the US to stop them from getting us into another load of cr*p just like Iraq.

A couple of MOABs on the Iranian Presidential Palace as well as on the bloodthirsty Mullahs would cure the problem.

No, it wouldn't. Bombs aren't the cure to everything. If anything it would make things worse because the whole world would turn against the US and you would have another load of 9-11 style events on your hands.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Not wanting to ask the stupid question and be flamed - but why does Iran continue with its nuclear program if it knows it will bring such troubles?

Why MUST Iran have a nuclear program anyway?

If I was a ruler of a country, and I had an idea of building a nuclear program, then from the get go I was threatened with sanctions and war, well unless there was something REALLY beneficial in it, I would simply say OK I wont have a nuclear program - can we all be friends now?

This is what I find hard to understand. What are the reasons for Iran wanting a nuclear program so bad, even at the risk of war, and the West's outright refusal at allowing them to have one?

Or is the nuclear program issue just a smoke screen for hidden agenda's on BOTH sides?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Burginthorn

Iran's wanting nuclear power goes back to the 1970's. Of course, back then the Shah was in power and a friend to the US. Iran claimed that they would run out of oil eventually, so they needed nuclear. So, here comes US companies to "help" them out by building nuclear power plants for them. Imagine, a win win situation for both countries! Oops, the shah gets ousted, and there goes the contracts.
Oh, I forgot to mention, Cheney's name comes up in this 1970's deal.
Just one source

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
One of the proofs that bush minor is living in a fantesy world is the notion that somehow he has enough credibility left to go to the mid-east and try and bring about a peace settlement between the Palestinians and the Israelis... much less go around the region touting democracy... the Arab leaders must all be laughing their asses off behind his back.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

A couple of MOABs on the Iranian Presidential Palace as well as on the bloodthirsty Mullahs would cure the problem.

See, it's that king of arrogance and meddling other peoples business that makes enemies in the first place. Decades of meddling by the US, UK and others created all the hostility to begin with. So, the answer is to go murder a bunch more to show how tough we are? How very immature

We have been funding terrorism, destabilising countries and whole regions ourselves (well, our leaders and their corporate paymasters have) for a long time, that's why so many people in the ME and elsewhere show distrust and animosity. Treating people with respect and courtesy has always worked for me in my travels around the world. I'm sure if I went out robbing and killing, I'd be treated differently, is that so hard to understand?

So we're supposed to be nice to Ahmadinejad and the mullahs while they're planning and paying for our destruction?

So far, that doesn't seem to be woking.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Desert Dawg

Who says they are planning our destruction?
Who is messing around in who's backyard?

How does a war against Iran benefit the American people and what justification exists to attack them? When the US administration refuses to even talk to Iran then what hope is there of any diplomatic solution to the differences that exist?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
They do not want to talk to Iran, as was the case with Iraq they do not want a peaceful resolution, they prefer sanctions and prefereably war. Iran invited the euro 3 in 2003 for discussions on nuclear stability in the area and the abandonment of it's own uranium enrichment policy , but the US preferred the europeans backed off so the US could maintain a more confrontational stance with which sanctions could be applied.

They like to call it international 'pressure' today , they don't really say it was an initiative of Irans making and that those european nations were invited to Tehran with the goal of a nuclear weapon free middle east zone . But that is the american way, they want sanctions, they want to weaken countries, they want them owing to the IMF and world bank, they want puppets and acquiescent nations providing them cheap resources at the cost of poverty and lives to the nation they control , that is what they do.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
in the quote you gave it sounds like he's referring to the us not iran! this is ridiculous, it's as though they presume everyone in the world is a total #ing idiot, either that or they're just happy to consistently lie whether or not anyone believes them. it's the behaviour of a total psychopath. sick.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

So we're supposed to be nice to Ahmadinejad and the mullahs while they're planning and paying for our destruction?

So far, that doesn't seem to be woking.

Yes, our cities are in ruins, devastated by attacks from Iran's nonexistent nuclear ICBM force.

Our Navy's 10,000 ton cruisers and destroyers are helpless against Iran's fearsome speedboats armed with RPG's, and the mighty Iranian hordes are even now marching on Peoria!

Oh, the humanity

[edit on 1/14/08 by xmotex]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upharsin.

"And this is the inscription that was written: Mene, Mene, TekeL, Upharsin 26 This is the interpretation of each word. Mene: God has numbered your kingdom, and finished it; 27 Tekel: You have been weighed in the balances, and found wanting; 28 Peres: Your kingdom has been divided, and given to the Medes and Persians." Daniel 5:25

I find this most interesting if applied to the United States and iran. As you know, Iran used to be known as Persia. What say you?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

I laugh...I cry...I laugh...I cry...

Burginthorn, how about the SAUDIS having nuclear power!! Once again, I nearly choked on my coffee when I saw this this morning. How relevant to your post, and looks like Iran ain't the only ME nation to want to go nuclear.
Saudis want nuclear power, too!

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

Hrmmm that IS interesting news - thanks for sharing it.

So whats with the ME countries wanting to go nuke? Is all the talk of oil reduction true after all or is it a grab for regional power with weapons?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burginthorn
Why MUST Iran have a nuclear program anyway?

Maybe they just don't want to be next in line in the USA's Middle East takeover?
It's a bit of a lose-lose situation for them really.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

The Saudis have been interested in nuclear power for a while.
There is a lot of evidence that they funded much of Pakistan's nuclear weapons program in order to ensure the Islamic world had a nuclear arsenal of it's own.

There is also evidence that Saudi Arabia itself has a secret nuclear weapons program based on Pakistani technology given to them by AQ Khan. They also have a large and growing ballistic missile arsenal.

Yep, that's right - with all the noise we make about Iran's nuclear program, somehow we manage to ignore Saudi Arabias...

Gotta love the hypocrisy of our foreign policy sometimes...

[edit on 1/15/08 by xmotex]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
China and Russia together with 3 Asian states formed the Shanghai Corporation Organization. If I am not mistaken, one of its intents was to remove US presence. englishsection.com...

Do you believe China or Russia would allow US to attack Iran?

I think not!

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Mussel...Wow, this CSO is interesting. The fun never stops.

...Washington and its advisers have been telling the Asean member countries lately, though through the Shanghai Corporation Organization (SCO), China and Russia seem to have found a way to edge in the Asean amid security concerns....

You know, after 9-11 a co-worker from the Philippines lamented that if the US wanted to fight Muslim terrorists, it should help out his country. Maybe CSO will listen

...Fukuda is a dangerous PM for Japan but the fact is that his victory is tainted with U.S. support. Fukuda has for mission to dismantle Japan ’s archaic constitution and to ensure that Japan follows tip-toe the plans laid by Washington to transform the former enemy of the U.S. into a formidable 'military' machine.

Whoa, even if this is only an "opinion", the idea that US would "use" Japan as a military power in Asia is interesting, making for more interesting times.

Iraq WAS about oil, in the sense that an army needs oil nowadays (along with bread) to fight. By having influence in Iraq/ME oil, US was telling China etal that US was still the dominant military player. Iraq/ME oil would be the new bargaining chip in US foreign affairs.

Let alone with Iraq nation building SNAFU, now with this CSO (with China desiring Iran's natural gas), you're right, we won't be invading Iran.
Thank God!!

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
ok GW
I`ll get right on that.
let me see # 400675 on my to-do list(rally against Iran-
check...got it

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
what about the Canadians?.. they have a nuclear program as well and they sit on the doorstep of america... i'd be afraid of them too... afterall, i've been there and there are lots of guys with turbans... a sure sign of trouble...

btw, it might be a good time to invest in these guys

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join