It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unobtainium, Upsidaisium and Element 115

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
In the John Lear forum in the Venus and 115 threads it has been decided to conduct scientific analysis of a sample of the UFO version of Element 115 should we be able to obtain same. In the same spirit if anyone has any other science on the fringe I can sponsor, let's discuss it here.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Unobtainium is the name given to the rubber Oakley used for nose bridges in its sunglasses in the 80's/90's. it was trademarked and all.
And I think if they can figure out how to get E 115 to take like 5 more protons then it will have a stable isotope that should stick around for more than a few seconds.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
If it was trademarked I am guessing only for their class of industry. It's been around as a joke name for a lot longer than Oakley.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DogHead

What I wonder about, is does anybody actually ever have any of this white powder gold, you know, Annunaki party powder? I see claims for it, but perhaps crassly, I feel that I would have to spend money to send away for it and then I fear my state of annoyance and disappointment after receiving this Ormus, or whatever. Supposedly a friend of a friend of mine was supposedly making some, to investigate, but I've lost touch with everyone involved. Anybody ever test anything like that?
But to stay more on thread, yes I too support the testing of unobtainium. But I wonder, is the true unobtainium the same thing as the unobtainium that allows itself to be obtained? Do you have to be a virgin, and pull a sword out of a stone, or something ? Or will it be that because of the superior wisdom and mind-scanning technology of the aliens, that it will read the bad intentions in the souls of the investigators, so that the sample turns itself into brine shrimp when we shine a bright light on it?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DogHead

DogHead, I tip my hat off to you once again in recognition of you willingness to fund research.

I have two ideas that I always found interesting, one more on the fringe side and the other on the more practical (but still unusual) side.

So...

a) Large scale atmospheric survey. The idea is to systematically collect a very large number of images of the sky, with the purpose of recording possible appearances and characteristics of the UFOs. Basically, one must figure out cheapest ways to produce and deploy millions of cameras and put them on the network. We can concentrate on the areas with most reported UFO sightings. In fact, we can statistically confirm whether the previously claimed activity is indeed happening at the rate they say it does. This is good science and tons of fun. We'll also need a processing facility that would detect changes in the frames taken, to automatically trigger on possible UFO's.

b) A massive solar updraft tower in Arizona. Apart from being a great and eco-friendly energy source, if built within driving distance from Vegas, it'll generate a lot of tourist revenue. I have an idea how to improve the efficiency of such tower.

Items (a) and (b) can be combined, because if you mount cameras on top of the tower, you'll get HUGE coverage due to the tower's height. And we all know UFOs like Arizona. So there.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Properties of Element 115
boblazar.com...

Element 115 - Tinwiki
tinwiki.org...

I thought that there were some russian scientists that allegedly synthesized element 115, but have had trouble finding the source of this rumor.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Area_X

Agan and again: yes, the 115 was synthesized, there were a handful of nuclei created. They ceased to exist in under a second.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by punkinworks
And I think if they can figure out how to get E 115 to take like 5 more protons then it will have a stable isotope that should stick around for more than a few seconds.

Every isotope of Element 115 would have 115 protons though. If you were to add 5 protons to Element 115 you would get Element 120. Isotopes have varying amounts of neutrons, not protons.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Let's go with the updraft tower idea plus cameras. Definitely sounds like something worth trying, depending on the cost. I will find some local partners to help me. I think you should continue publicly discussing the sky watch project because I agree, that can be stuck on top of the tower.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
i remember Unobtainium as supposedly the material the subsurface exploration vessel VIRGIL was made out of in the movie the core its fake properties was it was an crystaline tungsten alloy that is capable of withstanding tremendous pressure and able to convert heat into eletricity.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
CORE. Ah yes. What a film.

And yet stuff that makes as little sense is posted daily in a conspiracy master forum... Life is strange and wonderful.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
reply to post by DogHead

a) Large scale atmospheric survey. The idea is to systematically collect a very large number of images of the sky, with the purpose of recording possible appearances and ..........................happening at the rate they say it does. This is good science and tons of fun. We'll also need a processing facility that would detect changes in the frames taken, to automatically trigger on possible UFO's.

It would be amazing if this project happenend. Could you use UV or Infrared aswell, and maybe magnetic anomaly detectors.

You could do with an electronics or computer system engineer that is an ATS member.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by carslake]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The first use of the term "Unobtainium" that I ever heard was used in reference to Rolex watches when their prices were rising precipitously during the eighties.

People would joke that Rolexes were so expensive that they were made of "Unobtainium."

Evidently, it's use stems from the aerospace industry.

It is true that Oakley trademarked the term, but it's been around a lot longer than Oakley's frame material has.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DogHead
Let's go with the updraft tower idea plus cameras. Definitely sounds like something worth trying, depending on the cost. I will find some local partners to help me. I think you should continue publicly discussing the sky watch project because I agree, that can be stuck on top of the tower.

Some years ago i made some plans for such a sky observation camera setup, but in a slightly different way:

I was thinking of using two cameras at the same time for observing one part of the sky.
The cameras would be spread appart by a certain distance.
They would take two images of the sky, which would be super imposed.
The stars would be in the same place in both, because they are very far away.

BUT!

Anything flying in the atmosphere would show up in two places slightly appart in the superimposed image.

From this difference it would then be possible to calculate the distance of the object from the camera, using simple trigonometry.
And with the distance known, the speed would also be possible to calculate.

The altitude of the flying object, together with it's speed would tell quite a bit about what it is. Airplanes would be easy to rule out.

A software could be written, that would automaticaly calculate the distance and speed of the object. The same software would automatically be able to ignore stars - because they would be in the same position in both pictures.

The further appart the two cameras are spread, the more accurate the distance calculation. I would have to crunch some numbers to get the optimal distance.

What do you think about this idea?

I came up with it, when programming 3D stereoscopic visualisation systems - when i learned how the human eyes take two images and allow the brain to calculate the distances to objects as well as create an illusion of seeing in three dimensions.

join