It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demon(s) Why haven't I got one?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I may come over rather sarcastic here but just exactly whatis happening on this (and maybe) other forums on ATS?
Correct me if my perception is a little off track but I cannot fathom why some of our community are citing Demons are responsible from sleeping disorders to a bump in the night and more.
What perplexes me is that some replies to posters foster this and submit opinions and advice blindly without examining other options first.
The likely explaination to most phenomena is misinterpretation of logical and rational causes.

A rational step by step approach is mandatory before concluding that (e.g.) the plate that slipped off the draining board is NOT due to a Demon. poltergiest or some unseen evil force.

Sleep is another factor. I cannot understand why people claim that Shadow people, demons, etc, have targeted them for nocturnal visits when the most likely explaination lies (no pun intended) in a plethora of sleep states....dreams, night terrors, hallucinations, sleeping medication and other allied medical reasons.

Give it a rest folks.
If demonic forces indeed exist stop and think... Why me? then come to a sensible conclusion.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by anglosaxon

Hey anglosaxon,

Sorry you dont have any of the above mentioned, I guess your not a normal person or not a very lucky person either, but keep wishing and just maybe your wishes will come true.

We need skeptics like you to keep us normal, thanks, gwhint

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Well I guess it is possible that this is not what you need for personal growth.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Maybe this lady killed your demons?

Watch out ATS demonophobes, someone might kill your demons too, and you will have nothing to start a whiney attention-leech thread with, except maybe :
"I hacked up my children, and now I can't post at ATS no more, bye bye".

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I don't seek out the demon threads, so I can't say for sure about "ALL" of the demon threads on ATS. Most of the ones that I have read though are simply someone wanting to get attention. They won't give it a rest because it works for them. They do get a lot of attention when they post those threads. Just look at the profile of whomever posts a demon thread and look at their body of work. It is pretty easy to sniff out a troll.

Now, I am not saying that demonic posession is not real. I honestly have no idea. I do know that I have heard some audio from "real" exorcisms on the radio .....and honestly, I have to turn the station. They genuinely creep me out. If they are acting, they are very convincing to me.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Have you ever looked into the mirror and saw someone else?

One can also see this in others as well. It also effects their voice; it affects many things.

Every time there is someone else in me, my mind is deluded. When there is something else in another person, they behave differently.

That is my experience. Call it negativity, call it a dangerous alteration of brain chemicals, call it a demon; it is what it is.

A demon can mean many things to different people. It could be an individual entity with masses of malice attached to it, or it could mean that it is the malice itself in various forms.

Nyorai

[edit on 13/1/2008 by Nyorai]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Oh I see. You are refering to my demon thread. it's ok friend. I can only tell you demons are real. And if you don't have one bothering you, then you are free of all dangers. And you are a lucky one. I've seen them, felt them and fear them. they are scary pesty creatures. but check out what it says here. From wikepedia.

The contemporary Roman Catholic Church unequivocally teaches that angels and demons are real personal beings, not just symbolic devices. The Catholic Church has a cadre of officially sanctioned exorcists which perform many exorcisms each year. The exorcists of the Catholic Church teach that demons attack humans continually but that afflicted persons can be effectively healed and protected either by the formal rite of exorcism, authorized to be performed only by bishops and those they designate, or by prayers of deliverance which any Christian can offer for themselves or others

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Suppose it depends on your definition on demon.
Sure for the most part its a little creature with horns, what not...some fallen angel that got uglified and therefore wants to possess humans.

But if you get beyond all the hubba bubba symbolism to see what any of this means, there might be more of a connection than one thinks...well one that is more practical than how it is presently presented.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer
Maybe this lady killed your demons?

Watch out ATS demonophobes, someone might kill your demons too, and you will have nothing to start a whiney attention-leech thread with, except maybe :
"I hacked up my children, and now I can't post at ATS no more, bye bye".

Nothing funny about it legalizer. didn't you read my thread. That demon almost killed me! during my sleep. made my heater heat up and cause smoke all over my room while I slept. I am lucky to be alive because I woke up and turned it off, Sure..the last couple of weeks I've had lung pain, but I won't go to the doctor because I don't want to sound like a fool. So now i'm just letting my body take out the ash from my lungs naturally.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
Oh I see. You are refering to my demon thread. it's ok friend. I can only tell you demons are real. And if you don't have one bothering you, then you are free of all dangers. And you are a lucky one. I've seen them, felt them and fear them. they are scary pesty creatures. but check out what it says here. From wikepedia

**************************** 666 ************************
Well, actually ...NO!
I've not singled you out for your demon thread post. Maybe I'ts my perception of the current (and not so current) line of posts.
Recently we have had a rash of people citing demonic activity whilst sleeping, an attention seeking poster that claimed to have ingested anti-freeze to kill the demon that sought to occupy his body and a plethora of other claims.
As a pagan I acknowledge the existence of negative and active forces at work and also the reality of positive energies.
Many members have a lateral approach to reason.
Others....usually Christians, seem to have a knee-jerk reaction to paranormal activity in their lives.
Mention the word demon and the faithfull in our community rally to the call and claim prayer will invoke a legion of angels to sweep down and sort out the problem.
The shortfall of this strategy is glaringly obvious. There is NO demon to exorcise.
The so called demon is in their mind and not an incarnate being.
Imagination is a wonderful thing. Misinterpretation is something else & the latter is the most common source that brings some of our members to post before eliminating the most obvious causes.

**************************** Ho Hum*************************

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
People trying to make a grey world be black and white?

We are good at attempting to tell the world what it is after all.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I don't believe in demons, but I always see people using the term in here so I figured it gives others a good idea of what you mean and sounds interesting.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis I do know that I have heard some audio from "real" exorcisms on the radio .....and honestly, I have to turn the station. They genuinely creep me out. If they are acting, they are very convincing to me.

I had that album from the 70's. It was terrible, I used it as a paint palette and before that as a rolling board for, you know, rolling stuff.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Legalizer

You can't really prove that demons don't exist. I can't really disprove the solipsistic thesis that nothing exists except for my imagination, I've just come to prefer a different working hypothesis as I pursue my developed goals.
And as far as psychiatrists having a diagnosis for our demon-style comrade, they have a diagnosis for everybody, that's what gives them power, everything you disagree with them about is a sign of your delusional structure, everything you can do that they can't is an example of your overcompensation for your nagging inner deficits ( of course I'm just saying this to excuse my mental health diagnosis, antisocial personality disorder). How can they fail to find mental illness, as long as they're getting paid to do so? Mental illness buys the baby shoes and the Volvo.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by anglosaxon

You do have one, but your in denial!

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer
Yes but even layman like myself can see JediMiller is mentally unstable.

People with delusions of demonic harassment end up hurting themselves and/or others.

Legalizer, I'm beginning to think you are a demon yourself or some other negative entity. Perhaps a disinfo agent of the dark magics. But let me assure you I would never hurt anyone. I'm not mentally unstable because I believe in demons. does that mean that everyone who believes in demons, aliens, ghosts and other are mentally ill? hell no! you talk rubbish at times, yet I wonder why I haven't ignored you..well, my religion won't allow me. I faithfully believe that you are just out to disprove the existence of demons/spirits because you are angry for not seeing any of them. I want to make it clear that I would never hurt anyone. And I see that you already have a warn, and it's not from me. So I suggest you open your mind to these things and stop posting on every demon thread that you think we are all crazy-mentally insane.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
Legalizer, I'm beginning to think you are a demon yourself or some other negative entity. Perhaps a disinfo agent of the dark magics. But let me assure you I would never hurt anyone. I'm not mentally unstable because I believe in demons. does that mean that everyone who believes in demons, aliens, ghosts and other are mentally ill? hell no! you talk rubbish at times, yet I wonder why I haven't ignored you..well, my religion won't allow me. I faithfully believe that you are just out to disprove the existence of demons/spirits because you are angry for not seeing any of them. I want to make it clear that I would never hurt anyone. And I see that you already have a warn, and it's not from me. So I suggest you open your mind to these things and stop posting on every demon thread that you think we are all crazy-mentally insane.

What religion? .. you have said that you dont have a certain religion, and that you allso believe in scientology, christianity and tiny bit islam.. Get your story straight mister...

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Legalizer

I would never deny the existence of mental illness, I worked in a mental hospital for a year when I was young, it's not happy or fun.
But, I have to say, see, if you medicate someone professing demons and the symptom goes away, it could mean that the medicine cured the demons, or, it could mean that the clever demons are laying low while you are watching in order to keep you in your hell-bound unbelieving worldview.
And, if you show me an abnormal MRI or PET from someone professing demons ( I bet, we'd have to make the experiment...) I can find someone with a similar abnormal test result, who does not profess demons. So then does the bad brain cause the illusion of demons, or does the one unlucky fella have a bad brain and demons too?
Basically, I agree with you, it's just that my interpretation of a skeptical attitude doubts everything and not just the weird things.
What I'm trying to say is, if you can prove that demons don't exist, you are smarter and better than me, because I don't see how to do it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join