It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demon(s) Why haven't I got one?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Legalizer

No one is more blind than those who refuse to see.

My in-depth explanation was not for your benefit.

But for the illumination of others

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
So if I refuse to see the same things that an insane person hallucinates, I'm blind?

Of course your sermonizing wasn't for me, you know that only the gullible will believe what you have to say. Only those that already believe. Those that already have their minds clouded with delusion.

I love how you start your post with the false credentials that you have
experience in demonic attack and you are a medium.

Where's your proof?

I can guarantee with all certainty you don't have a single shred of
evidence to support your bald faced lies.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdposey
reply to post by saint4God

"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." - John 15:13

It has been 22 years since his death and I have to say that I have never considered his suicide in that light of scripture. Yet, it does make sense. though.

Until I read your post, neither did I. Usually suicide is a very selfish thing to do without considerations for others. "I'm so depressed", "I can't handle it anymore", "I...I...I..." then a lot of loved ones are hurt by the event. As someone who considered suicide long ago, I can say my motivations were selfish for wanting to do so, but selfless in pulling through. It was my parents that made me reconsider. Not what they'd said, but the fact that they loved me and worked so hard to give me a shot at a future.

The result of these thoughts caused me to do something stupid to where at that time in my life, I was battling a demon (not figuratively either). It was my fault, I summoned the fight and was overwhelmed by what was before me. To the original poster, I think there is a way to find the truth without having to get your butt kicked by something much much more powerful than yourself. But...some of are very hard-headed (and hard-hearted) to where nothing else will do. It would have been much easier if I just checked out if God existed.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

It is good that you pulled through and by the grace of God, have reached the point where you are now. Natural death of a loved one is difficult by itself, suicide only compounds that pain and leaves many questions behind in the minds of loved ones. What has always stood out in my mind regarding my father-in law's suicide is the evident "deception." Like I stated in the original post, when his brother found him, he had his fingers buried in his neck in a last ditch effort of trying to get the extension cord off of his neck. That told me, that even though he had reached the decision to take his life, when the act itself took place, he realized it wasn't what he wanted and tried his best to undo it.

As for your statement of bringing about your troubles with demonic activity in your life, as a brainless teenager I used to play with the Ouija Board and often would have seance's in my bedroom. I know it is not good advice, and I would never advise anyone to engage in either, but if there be skeptics, engage in either and they will soon discover the reality of demons and quickly know what demonic activity is.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I used to play with the Ouija Board....seances... but if there be skeptics, engage in either and they will soon discover the reality of demons and quickly know what demonic activity is.

100% false
I've used the Ouija board, I've been to seances, I've had seances.
Its all a bunch of garbage you people upchuck about the dangers thereof.

Seances came into popular knowledge through frauds using all manner of tricks to convince the gullible that spirits were contacting them. Currently attention whores and more frauds pretend to channel spirits when all they are doing is role playing to grab money or the rapt devotion of the dumb.

Ouija is no more dangerous than monopoly or checkers.
Seances are for the silly.

Stop being liars, its really disgusting.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
IdsNews

John Zaffis, a man who calls himself a "paranormal researcher" and began the Paranormal and Demonology Research Society of New England, claims that through his observations, the worst cases of demon possession are brought about by the use of Ouijas.

But for people like James Randi, the greatest harm in Ouija boards is the people who deal in paranormal quackery.

James Randi, better known as The Amazing Randi, may have been one of the most renowned magicians in pop culture before his retirement, but he has also spent the latter half of his career working to debunk faulty reasoning. His Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge is a testament to how dangerous he feels it is for people to believe in "pleasant delusions."

"Suppose you had an employee you were interviewing to take on a job, and the guy told you that seven plus seven is 18: 'No matter what my calculations are, it is always 18,'" Randi suggests. "Can you take the risk of hiring someone like that? Would you think that that would be damaging, or would you go ahead and hire this person? It's not rational. People who believe in superstition can be extremely dangerous, and it's not much of a jump for them to graduate from that to another set of delusions."

Randi says the Ouija can easily be debunked by simply blindfolding the players to show that the messages will be complete gibberish, but Ouija proponents will often claim that the spirit medium is inhibited by the blindfold because the spirit needs to use the players' eyes to see.

"People won't sit through tests," Randi says, noting that no one has yet taken the $1 million by proving his or her supernatural ability. "They need it to exist. They need a woo-woo world. They are fed by it, they are nursed by it and, therefore, they don't really want a test."

Though Randi is not a scientist himself, he says he doesn't need to be when emotion, need and desperation are involved. He believes his experience as a magician has given him the skills to know how people are fooled by others and themselves.

"I know how to tie my shoes, and I know how to spot a fake."

So paranoid delusional psuedoscience quaks, how come none of you are a millionaire?

Easy answer, because your claims are 100% false and no matter how much you lie to yourself and others, you will never be able to prove the nonsense that comes out of your twisted little heads.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Legalizer

Well, one doesn't have to look hard and long at your heart to see that "something" has gotten a hold on you. Talk about a spirit of hate, you have one and, I imagine I know where you got it.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Demonic Dispossession

Several of the posts in this thread are rude, insulting, flagrantly violate ATS policies and are utterly unworthy of our forums.

Skepticism is fine, but ridicule and personal attacks directed against any member constitute attacks against our community as a whole.

They are not welcome here.

Discussion in the Paranormal Studies forum will be conducted in an atmosphere of courtesy and mutual respect.

Individuals exhibiting a chronic inability to understand this simple and intuitive concept will be subject to permanent exorcism.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by anglosaxon
I may come over rather sarcastic here but just exactly whatis happening on this (and maybe) other forums on ATS?
Correct me if my perception is a little off track but I cannot fathom why some of our community are citing Demons are responsible from sleeping disorders to a bump in the night and more.
What perplexes me is that some replies to posters foster this and submit opinions and advice blindly without examining other options first.
The likely explaination to most phenomena is misinterpretation of logical and rational causes.

A rational step by step approach is mandatory before concluding that (e.g.) the plate that slipped off the draining board is NOT due to a Demon. poltergiest or some unseen evil force.

Sleep is another factor. I cannot understand why people claim that Shadow people, demons, etc, have targeted them for nocturnal visits when the most likely explaination lies (no pun intended) in a plethora of sleep states....dreams, night terrors, hallucinations, sleeping medication and other allied medical reasons.

Give it a rest folks.
If demonic forces indeed exist stop and think... Why me? then come to a sensible conclusion.

Actually what you don't appear to understand is that regardless of the mundanity behind some cases, operating within the context of the subject is utterly the best method. You have to start there, and bring them back to understand the mundanity.

The issue though, is that the mind is very powerful. Even Carl Jung himself, when dealing with serious internal issues, experienced serious paranormal activity. These were not illusions but actual objective experiences that others also shared.

However, I have to agree on one point. The vast majority of all the experiences people relay to me are completely interpreted. And that is unfortunate, but luckily I (unlike you)have the power to ignore these.

I humor the telling of them however, because whenever I run into someone who actually is experiencing a paranormal phenomena, I have the ability to assist, and want to be able to do so.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

...but if there be skeptics, engage in either and they will soon discover the reality of demons and quickly know what demonic activity is.

Yes, but I consider this unnecessary risk. It's akin to asking someone to jump off a building to prove gravity. Yeah, they might live, but chances of injury are high and recovery slim.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join