It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huckabee on Iran: 'you will see the gates of Hell'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FaxMachine
I really wish USA would start the Iran war, i really do. You will return home with your nose bleeding in no time.

Wrong answer. Try again.

A war between the US and Iran would end with us handing them their butts in a hubcap. The only way they could do any harm would be an insurgency-type war. They seem to be getting a lot of experience with that in Iraq right now.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
And when it does, it will be the fault of the United States for antagonizing them.

How did we antagonize them? By moving our ships in international water thru the Straits???

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Fortunately our little Gulf Of Tonkin redux doesn't seem to have worked.

Neither the populace nor (maybe more significantly) most of the military seems interested in a fight with Iran.

Only a dwindling cult of neocon chickenhawks in DC and their remaining rabid supporters.

[edit on 1/12/08 by xmotex]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

By trying to strangle their economy and constantly threatening to bomb the bejeezus out of them for a nuclear weapons program that apparently doesn't exist, maybe?

Or maybe it's just 60-odd years of sticking our nose in their business, overthrowing their elected leaders, helping their enemies (Iraq) kill hundreds of thousands of them?

You know, that kind of thing

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
By trying to strangle their economy and constantly threatening to bomb the bejeezus out of them for a nuclear weapons program that apparently doesn't exist, maybe?

Or maybe it's just 60-odd years of sticking our nose in their business, overthrowing their elected leaders, helping their enemies (Iraq) kill hundreds of thousands of them?

I'm glad you said, "Maybe". If I were the President of Iran and I'd been accused of having a nuke program when I didn't, I'd go ahead and start one just to piss off the US!

And remember when they overran our Embassy??? I can see why the US backed Iraq in that war.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I am delusional? You need to do some research.

China and Russia's Air Force and Navy combined are not even close to the size or power of the US Navy or Air Force.

The US Navy Alone has 11 Super Carriers. The US Air Force alone has more combat aircraft than both of them combined. Also consider US strategic bomber forces far outnumber both Russia and China.

The most important aspect of any sustained combat is Logistics, and in that regard Russia and China fail miserably. Both nations simply would be unable to supply their forces if deployed far from home. In addition both would struggle to project their forces anywhere far from home.

The only place where Russia and China could put up a real fight would be within or real close to their homelands. Beyond that and they would be annihilated in a conventional battle.

I am not being patriotic or advocating war with Iran. I am simply stating stating the obvious, that the United States has the most powerful conventional military on the face of the earth by far. For someone to not recognize that is deluded.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
The most important aspect of any sustained combat is Logistics, and in that regard Russia and China fail miserably. Both nations simply would be unable to supply their forces if deployed far from home. In addition both would struggle to project their forces anywhere far from home.

True. I've spoken to Russian officers and they said that Combat Logistics is an art that the US practically invented.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by musselwhite

Huckabee on Iran: 'you will see the gates of Hell'

www.timesonline.co.uk

Huckabee on Iran: 'you will see the gates of Hell' --Iran dominates Republican presidential debate in conservative South Carolina 11 Jan 2008 The wide-open and unpredictable Republican presidential race moved to religiously conservative South Carolina last night with a debate dominated by Iran and Ronald Reagan... Asked whether the American commanders on the scene were right in not attacking the Iranian boats, former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee said he backed their decisions, before warning Iran: "Be prepared, first, to put your sights on the American vessel. And then be prepared that the next thing you see will be the gates of Hell, because that is exactly what you will see after that."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.legitgov.org

Alright, this was more of a generalization on his part. I watched that debate and he wasnt talking exclusively to Iran. He was talking about making the US military so powerful that nobody would even want to think to engage it. Somthing along those lines.

[edit on 12-1-2008 by West Coast]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

I'm glad you said, "Maybe". If I were the President of Iran and I'd been accused of having a nuke program when I didn't, I'd go ahead and start one just to piss off the US!

Haha yeah me too

And remember when they overran our Embassy??? I can see why the US backed Iraq in that war.

Ah, but do we ever bother to ask ourselves why they overran our embassy?

Hint: it might have had something to with the fact that they were in the process of overthrowing a brutal dictatorship we had supported for more than 25 years, since we threw out their popularly elected Prime Minister Mohammed Mosaddeq because his policies threatened our oil companies' profits.

What comes around, goes around.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
This is his attempt to convey "STRENGTH".

He will win over many voters as a result.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FaxMachine
HAHAHAAH, you realize you are delusional? I understand that you are patriotic, but only thing needed is Russia and China against USA. They would win easy even without nuclear weapons.

The fact is, that US superiority is just an illusion. Yes, usa is powerful, but no match for China and Russia. If you go and watch talking in defense forums and other military forums, where they talk strategy, everyone agrees except few Americans. LOL

I really wish USA would start the Iran war, i really do. You will return home with your nose bleeding in no time.

Mikeyboyd was right.

Russia and china wouldnt stand a chance in conventional terms, against the US military industrial complex. The US out classes china and russia combined in Aircraft, and naval vessels. Computer along with a plethora of other technological systems, the US outclasses them all. The US also outspends China and Russia combined. The US spends some unofficla $500 Billion dollars in millitary expedenture while china is around the 60-90 billion dollar mark, while russia is maybe 50 billion. The US military R&D spending alone dwarfs russias entire military expenditures by 20 billion dollars. (70billion dollar R&D budget is what President Bush has signed for) This not counting black budget spending which is rumored to be at cold-war era heights..Also take into account the combat experienced US military over the less combat experienced chinese and russian militarys.

There is no way russia or china could conceivably stand toe to toe with the US and come out in one piece.

As for infantry soldiers... The below pic is a pic of americas 2020 future soldier. Meanwhile what are Russia and China working on?

[edit on 12-1-2008 by West Coast]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

dg, I'm glad you used the term "guise" when referring to Huckabee as a born again Christian.

It pains me greatly to see all fundamentalist, evangelical Christians painted with the right-wing, conservative, warmonger brush. Elements in control of the GOP have somehow co-opted Christianity to serve their global fascist elitist agenda, and it makes me sick. Not all Christians are right-wing conservative warmongers. Those that aren't, and feel the way I do about this issue, need to speak up.

Imo, the key issue defining Christians as conservatives and aligning them with the GOP is abortion rights. I believe life begins at conception, but that doesn't make me a right-wing conservative. Nor do I support the GOP agenda of cutting social programs to fund the WOT. I think this GOP practice of wrapping itself in the flag and invoking God while it disenfranchises the American people and wages never ending wars needs to stop. Quick, fast, and in a hurry.

[edit on 12-1-2008 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChronMan
This is his attempt to convey "STRENGTH".

Meh
Huckabee :shk:

Substitute 'Strength" for "ultra religious right wing wack job"

And substitute "Win many votes" with "pandering to his base"

and I would agree.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

[Ah, but do we ever bother to ask ourselves why they overran our embassy?

Hint: it might have had something to with the fact that they were in the process of overthrowing a brutal dictatorship we had supported for more than 25 years, since we threw out their popularly elected Prime Minister Mohammed Mosaddeq because his policies threatened our oil companies' profits.

What comes around, goes around.

So why didn't they take it up with the UN? Instead of overrunning our Embassy, which would be an act of war, they could have sat down with the US, UN and chatted about it like civilized people.

Seems like the US is expected to hold out the hand of friendship to the Iranians all the time, but I don't see much in return.

And remember that earthquake in Iran a few years back? The US sent supplies and relief materials into the country. The Iranians said, "Thanks, but this ain't changing anything."

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by West Coast

All of which is irrelevant anyway, as Russia and China can both nuke us back to the Stone Age, and there is not a damn thing we could do about it but return the favor. And if it came to accepting US domination or starting WW3 - well it's Global Thermonuclear Warfare for $300, Alex...

Long before that happened though, one would hope the US populace rose up and hung their leaders from meathooks like Mussolini, a fate they would richly deserve for getting us into a fight with the entire rest of the human race

Funny thing about the US's military - why is it that we need to outspend the rest of the planet combined on guns and bombs?

I mean, if anyone else was doing that (say Russia or China), we'd think they were probably planning to take over the planet...

Hmmm...

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
See what I mean?

Sheesh!

Its so ingrained in the minds of the general public that the Christain conservative base wants to nuke Iran and bring about the Second Coming, the whole thing is in danger of becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Funny thing about the US's military - why is it that we need to outspend the rest of the planet combined on guns and bombs?

I dunno. Fun and profit?

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
It's obvious now, the U.S is full of evil satanists that want nothing more than to open the gates of hell on this world, they will try to do this by creating as much fear, terror and bloodshed as possible, they have even admited it.

I feel sorry for the average U.S citizen, I would be ashamed to come from a country like this.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Which is precisely why I chose to leave nuclear weapons out of it, and replaced it with the word "conventional".

Even then, China only has a measly 200 nukes, which could easily be taken out, Russia, while having a numerical advantage, is rotting from the inability to maintain its nuclear arsenal, even right as we speak. And we still do not know what the US has in regards to "black programs". Gary Mckinnons has some interesting claims. All in all I am not promoting a war with these nations, let alone a nuclear one! Just merely speculating on a conspiracy message board.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

That Nuclear window is closing, give or take another decade and US anti missile systems, unmanned forces, and space forces like SUSTAIN and FALCON will make the Nuclear option obsolete.

The scary thing is this imbalance in power may lead to world war.

China and Russia realize this. I have to agree with author Tom Clancy, that overwhelming US military superiority in Space and missile defense will probably push Russia and China into a global conflict with the US before their militaries become obsolete. So the 2020s should be a real interesting decade.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join