It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huckabee on Iran: 'you will see the gates of Hell'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Huckabee on Iran: 'you will see the gates of Hell'

www.timesonline.co.uk

Huckabee on Iran: 'you will see the gates of Hell' --Iran dominates Republican presidential debate in conservative South Carolina 11 Jan 2008 The wide-open and unpredictable Republican presidential race moved to religiously conservative South Carolina last night with a debate dominated by Iran and Ronald Reagan... Asked whether the American commanders on the scene were right in not attacking the Iranian boats, former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee said he backed their decisions, before warning Iran: "Be prepared, first, to put your sights on the American vessel. And then be prepared that the next thing you see will be the gates of Hell, because that is exactly what you will see after that."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.legitgov.org

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
How many soldiers do we have left to defend America if attacked on US soil?

www.timesonline.co.uk

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
This is how the war is going to go full force. They already planted the "seed" about those boats, now you will see one of those ships sacrifice 1000+ of our men. And when it does, it will be the fault of the United States for antagonizing them.
What would Jesus do? Just ask the evil under the guise of "Born Again Christian"

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Just what we need, another warmonger as a presidential hopeful. There was standing applause for this idiot too, giving a good demonstration of the IQ of political groupies.

We parade the world's most advanced ships and weaponry up and down the coast of a foreign country, then threaten them with sudden violent death and condemnation to hell for looking in our direction.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I was watching the debate that evening and when Huckabee was spewing this I could swear he shapeshifted into Bush

I was also concerned when Thompson made that idiotic attempt at humor when he said that if those boats came one foot closer they would have had a chance to meet those virgins they are always talking about.

This isn't open mike night at the chuckle hut, these are words out of a Presidential candidate?

I expect a more diplomatic tone coming from the candidates, is this their attempt to show that they could be the tough guy?

They should take their cue from McCain who maintained a firm stance without the flaming barbs which do nothing but incite anger.

ed:sp

[edit on 1/12/2008 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
"Iran dominates Republican presidential debate"
There's just something really sickening about that.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Tell me, how many soldiers do we have in the united states to protect and defend should we be attacked on US soil?

Granny go get your gun.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by musselwhite

Is not way that any invading force will be successful in the US, just look the hart time US have as an invading force in Iraq, people are fighting, we are fighters we will be worst that the Resistance forces in Iraq right now.

This Huckabee has not chance in hell or with hell help to win the primaries, he is full of BS.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I don't mind Huckabee too much, I'd take him over any of the Democratic candidates, unfortunately he's a bit of a religious nut himself...

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Well what a tangled web we have, I too found Thompsons comment in poor taste. Typical war mongers that play their little games with the blood of other peoples children. Mccain is no better when someone a couple months ago asked him about Iran, and he said I think the beach boys had a song about what we should do, you know, bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran. It is funny to make jokes about death and destruction, but with proper propaganda people have become so far removed by the fact that death isnt funny. It is like GW's speach when he was making jokes about WMD's looking under tables, nope not there. Yeah funny a hole peoples kids have died, kids will grow up without a parent because brave men and women went in with the lie of WMD's.

We are screwed, no matter who gets elected they are the same damn animal. Get ready for more war, more loss of life, more lies, and less freedom.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
It's beginning to look more like "1984" everyday with the neverending wars, lies and control of the citizentry.

It's a Brave New World, welcome to the Monkey House.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I read 1984 when I was in school, quite a few years ago. I just read it again recently, and I was shocked how much things are looking more and more like what is represented in that novel. Kind of scared me a little bit, and pissed me off even more.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
End of the world around every corner...how can you all live day to day?

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by musselwhite

www.timesonline.co.uk

Quite abit. I'll break it down for people.

We have almost 1.5 million people on active duty between all the branches of service and almost 1.5 million reserve/guard forces (which stay pretty active with operations in Iraq, Afghanistan, US Mexican border, and New Orleans. )

Of these 3 million military personnel, I'll go over how many are deployed and what we have left.

170,000 personnel in Iraq and 2,500 in the rest of the Mid East
20,000 personnel in Afghanistan
2,400 personnel in Africa
Almost 80,000 personnel in Japan and South Korea
Almost 90,000 personnel in Europe
1,500 in Latin America

So roughly of our Active and Reserve Components only 360,000 personnel are deployed or stationed at any given moment around the World.

This leaves us with Over 2 million Active and Reserve forces within the US.

Also consider that 54 million people in the US are considered to be of age and fitness to be drafted.

People grossly underestimate the US military. Tactically and Strategically we are not just superior, but Supreme in ability.

Our only weaknesses are our Values, but I see them also as Strengths. They may encumber us when fighting terrorists and guerillas (honorless people who hide among civilians), but when fighting conventional forces on a battlefield we are supreme.

If we were pressed into a Total War like WW2, It would take the entire World united to probably defeat us conventionally and even then I have my doubts if the entire world united could defeat the United States in a conventional global war.

[edit on 12/1/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

www.timesonline.co.uk

Quite abit. I'll break it down for people.

We have almost 1.5 million people on active duty between all the branches of service and almost 1.5 million reserve/guard forces (which stay pretty active with operations in Iraq, Afghanistan, US Mexican border, and New Orleans. )

Of these 3 million military personnel, I'll go over how many are deployed and what we have left.

170,000 personnel in Iraq and 2,500 in the rest of the Mid East
20,000 personnel in Afghanistan
2,400 personnel in Africa
Almost 80,000 personnel in Japan and South Korea
Almost 90,000 personnel in Europe
1,500 in Latin America

So roughly of our Active and Reserve Components only 360,000 personnel are deployed or stationed at any given moment around the World.

This leaves us with Over 2 million Active and Reserve forces within the US.

Also consider that 54 million people in the US are considered to be of age and fitness to be drafted.

People grossly underestimate the US military. Tactically and Strategically we are not just superior, but Supreme in ability.

Our only weaknesses are our Values, but I see them also as Strengths. They may encumber us when fighting terrorists and guerillas (honorless people who hide among civilians), but when fighting conventional forces on a battlefield we are supreme.

If we were pressed into a Total War like WW2, It would take the entire World united to probably defeat us conventionally and even then I have my doubts if the entire world united could defeat the United States in a conventional global war.

[edit on 12/1/08 by MikeboydUS]

HAHAHAAH, you realize you are delusional? I understand that you are patriotic, but only thing needed is Russia and China against USA. They would win easy even without nuclear weapons.

The fact is, that US superiority is just an illusion. Yes, usa is powerful, but no match for China and Russia. If you go and watch talking in defense forums and other military forums, where they talk strategy, everyone agrees except few Americans. LOL

I really wish USA would start the Iran war, i really do. You will return home with your nose bleeding in no time.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
What really impresses me is how much this sounds just like Iranian propaganda pablum...

I guess fundamentalist whacko demagogues use the same kind of language whatever religion they claim to represent.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Huckleberry is a lunatic. So is Thomson. Stay out of my way, this is what happens kind of diplomacy. I guess any non right wing christians (muslims)
are considered expendable. I'd like to smack the piss out of his grumpy ass and wait to see if he'd turn the other cheek. Doubtful.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Tell me, how many soldiers do we have in the united states to protect and defend should we be attacked on US soil?

Granny go get your gun.

We have millions of young men in this country who could be conscripted to served their country, instead of walking around with their pants below their butts, listening to ghetto music.

Granny get your gun? Indeed, that's why the Second Amendment is so important.

The time may come when every gun in the nation might be necessary to protect us from the Islamists hordes.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Oh please GP, how they gonna get here? The hordes that is. The Iraq/Iran navy? The Al Queda speedboats? Guess all your sprouts are over 35 huh?What a bunch of hooey.
I am confused by the delayed/changed stories of the navy, we almost fired, we didn't fire. Oh ya, we fired. Two days to release tapes. This is the seed to be planted to engage Iran full out.

[edit on 12-1-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Oh please GP, how they gonna get here? The hordes that is. The Iraq/Iran navy? The Al Queda speedboats? Guess all your sprouts are over 35 huh?What a bunch of hooey.

You need to work on your abstract thought skills.

Even in an essentially serious post, there's room for a little hyperbole.

Still, we are not so isolated as you seem to believe.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join