It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've seen a few spooky things...Whats the deal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Hello people,

I've got a question. Since I've been a young teenager (I'm now in my 30's), I have on occasion seen some spooky things. For example once at my school, I saw a chair move and on many occasions I have heard things that I would not have associated with anything with rational explanation. Finally on a couple of occasions, I have seen things (shadows in my daughters room which I have discussed on a previous thread on this forum) and once more recently, I saw another shadow again at my old school which was like a shadow of a person running across the school grounds but it was only the bottom half of a person (I know it doesnt really make any sense).

I also have noticed sensations in certain places which lead me to think there is someone in my near vicinity (for example someone in the room or in the house) but to my discovery, there is no one there. Also sensations of good and bad.

I have generally just dismissed these things as odd and moved on and not really thought about them. I have stated in the shadow thread previously that I consider myself pretty normal with a wife and a daughter, a very happy home life and a good but not out of the ordinary job.

I guess what I am wanting to finally ask is, if I am not literally just seeing things that are a figment of my imagination, do I just leave it as it is and just treat each experience as something that just happens or is it something I should try to develop? And if so what are the pros and cons and what should I do to develop this further?

Thanks,

ActionMan

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ActionMan

Hi ActionMan,

In a nutshell, it sounds as if you are a 'sensitive' this means you are more likely to pick-up on atmospheres/entities than someone who isn't.

Whether you decide to develop it further (and this would come very easily to you with the right guidance, because it is a natural ability that you already have), or just accept it for what it is ... is of course your choice. However, even if you decide to leave it ... you might discover that your ability develops and increases naturally anyway.

Because of this I would recommend that you read up on psychic development ... even if it's only the basics ... just so you understand what is happening ... less chance of getting 'freaked-out' or 'spooked'.

You sound like a level-headed kind of guy ... who doesn't go to pieces at th sight of something inexplicable.

If you do decide to develop further (this gives you more control of things), I would suggest finding a meditation group in your area. For two reasons;

1/ Learning amongst like-minds helps the process (you can ask questions if you're not sure about something face to face).

2/ You will increase your development by seeing the diversity that crops up in a group.

I'm a 'Healing Meditation Tutor' ... I teach my groups different ways to meditate and they decide which method produces the best results for them (as an individual) to take away with them.

I often use guided-visualization ... all members of the group hear exactly the same words that I speak ... but when we go around the group at the end of the session each and everyone of them has seen/felt something different. This is a good way to let them see how individuals translate something in an independant way.

There are no hard and fast rules to development just finding the way that suits you best.

I would recommend this as a starting point then when you have the meditation part sussed ... move onto a psychic development group. It takes some people years ... I don't think that would be true in your case.

A development group will help you determine where your particular gifts lie (we can't all be good at every pychic technique ... in some you will shine and others will be a none-starter).

I'm in the process of completing my new website (see link in my signature). Check it out and if there's anything I can help you with you can u2u / email me. Also might find some of my past threads helpful (see profile).

Hope this helps. Woody

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Spooky is as spooky does.

We all get the eeby-jeebies from time to time, you know, that feeling that someone is staring at us. Well maybe someone is.

Your eyes are probably seeing things that everyones eyes can pick up and see as well, except your brain is not completely filtering out these visions as it's supposed to.

I agree with the previous poster, you may have special abilities that require further investigation. It may be a blessing or a curse but, regardless, can not and must not be ignored. This way at least you'll know what your living with.

Concurrently, you may want also want to take up a new hobby, like photography.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Thankyou both for your interesting and valid suggestions.

btw woodwytch - I liked your website. Very interesting.

ActionMan

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Hi Alxandro, I hope you read this because I cant PM anyone on this site yet as I havent made enough posts! Havent visited the site for awhile as I've been busy and everything has been normal of late!

Anyway, on your last post on this thread:

I've seen a few spooky things...Whats the deal?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You suggested that I take up photography.

I suppose I should let you know that I have and have since won a few National and done very well in a number International photography competitions. I guess there were many reasons that I took it up, but you were the first to mention it. Anyway, I guess I should at least thank you for suggesting it to me.

What I really want to find out however, is why you suggested it in the first place? From what you gleaned from this thread in making this suggestion, what would make me as good as I have gotten this quickly (I have beaten a large number of people who have been making a living from photography for many years).

I am very interested in finding out why you suggested this to me.

Warmest regards,

ActionMan

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

You are, indeed, a sensitive.

You have several choices. Do nothing, go with the good, or go with the bad.

If you want to keep your life as it is, I would advise "do nothing".

I believe we are all surrounded with other realities - just some of us see or sense them, and some of us don't.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

I believe he was being facetious and suggesting photography to photograph the shadows you spoke of....that was how I read it anyway but too cool that you took the suggestion literally and have ALREADY in only a year gotten awards! That's truly awesome! Can we see your work please??

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

I would love to see your work as well. I'm so proud for you. Congratulationsl Very cool.

top topics

join