It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immodest Jesus statue riles Christians

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Ahhhhhhhhh...bout time. Thankyou Fred!

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
B-b-but, tangentals are fun after twenty pages!

I'm still lost as to how this is remotely offensive.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Cause it's gone outta control?
And losing control is BBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

Even if control is actually illusion.
Erm partially thoughts.
I do love them.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Guys, I do think that the First Amendment is relevant to some degree with this statue. I do not believe it is that off topic. As previously stated, you cannot censor this statue just because a certain religious group thinks it should be taken down or destroyed. Just as the Ten Commandments have the right to be displayed somewhere. If the government decided to make some kind of law that prohibited works like these from being displayed, then we would both be arguing for the same injustice. No matter what the piece was.
And, I have to agree with walking fox, you can't have religion in government and you can't have government in religion. It's just that simple. The only problem is, is that religion is already deeply involved in politics as we see with every election. The Bible belt only votes for the right. Maybe not all, but certainly a majority do. That is why we have the term "religious right".
Oh yeah, walking fox, this statue is only offensive to those who want something to complain about. They may be personally offended, but they just are desperate for attention and thus use the religious angle to try and get their point across. People use religion as a sort of cop out in my opinion.

[edit on 1/26/2008 by palehorse23]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

That is just their culture. We solve things with words and offensive, uncalled for, pretty much all around mean posts about art that we didn't create, they kill disrespectful people.
And you know, you aren't the artist. None of you are. You don't know that he meant anything offensive by it. Maybe it was meant to glorify Jesus. I'm not the artist, so I don't know, but you don't either.
And before people think I'm like the people on here who dislike religious people and think Christians are stupid, I want you all to know, I am a devout Christian. I just try to give people the benefit of the doubt, just like the Lord does. The Father is the only one with the power to judge. None of us have the right to judge the artist of this "offensive" statue. As far as I can know, the only people Jesus ever got mad at were people of the church who were so busy trying to find the slivers in other people's eyes, they couldn't see the logs in their own.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

The First Amendment? I take it you are refering to the American Constitution. I was under the impression that this art was being displayed in Europe.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join