It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Convinced anyone of the Inside Job of 911

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I have been able to convince MANY people, that at the very least, 9-11 is not the way it seems. I used to be crazy about it. I ate, drank, and slept 9-11. To me it was shocking to think that the official story was wrong, but once I got a little taste I was hooked. Most of the people seem to be shocked, and then they go on an research on their own.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeff Riff

I completely understand.I have some friends who talk 911 truth in their sleep.And its hard for me to understand how official story defenders will not give an inch.As if everything we have been told by the media is "the absolute truth" and there is not one shred of evidence to even consider a conspiracy. That type of logic is frustrating.I have and i see here others on ATS who concede a point when there is evidence. But to deny all truth evidence and accept absolutelty the "official story" lock stock and smoking hole in Pentegon is to insult the very idea of reason.

I wish I could blindfold myself inside the "fable".But I will continue to investigate and respect everyones beliefs and hopefully find some closure.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
all most every one I know is already aware of the 911 lies.
what the exact story is is unknown but in general everyone
already knows that the official story is bunk.

it has so many holes you can see right through it.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

all most every one I know is already aware of the 911 lies.

And all proud grajiates of the publik skools. Or they believe everything they read on the Internet........

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Swampfox46_1999

The greatest liberty we have is to speak our minds and pursue the truth.If we resort to petty insults and school yard bullying then we all lose our freedom.Now this thread should have no need for insults or juvenile replies.Its a question of peoples beliefs and quest for personal answers and not personal attacks.

I agree that most people (the overwhelming majority) concede we have been a)not given the whole story or b) blatantly misled and lied too.

The few that dont believe or are skeptical usually admit they havent researched it enough.I have never yet met a skeptic as vicious, mean or hateful as I have found on the internet.(not here at ATS..hee)

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by skinnyblaze
I was wondering if anyone has talked an "official theory" believer into a truther through study and discussion.

The term, "official theory" is a misnomer. What the 9/11 Truth Movement needs to discuss is the actual massive evidence from thousands of independent sources and lines of evidence all converging on the conclusion that 9/11 was not an inside job. THEN the 9/11 Truth Movement has to refute all of that evidence.

That has never been done and for a reason. The terms "official theory" and "official story" were originally designed as propaganda terms to connote that explanations about the events of 9/11 came from the government only and were just a theory.

There were good reasons why the 9/11 Truth Movement adopted this propaganda strategy and why it is still used:

1) The most important benefit, as with all propaganda, is that a good number of people will interpret the meaning of the terms as originally intended by the propagandist. The more the better for the propagandist's purpose.

2) The terms, "official theory" and "official story", serve the purpose of changing the rules. Rather than having to deal with the reality of massive amounts of evidence from thousands of independent sources, the propagandist just has to say: "it's just a theory or story from the government and mainstream media. That's what they want the sheeple to believe." Thus we have the 9/11 Truth Movement believing simplistic terms like, "How could Arabs living in caves do that?", "No building could fall like that without explosives", "No plane hit the Pentagon", etc.

3) Propaganda has a definitive purpose. 9/11 Truthers who believe the above are just as capable of claiming that the "sheeple" have fallen for the propaganda of the "government" and, therefore, are immune from propaganda themselves. More often than not, 9/11 Truthers don't consider that what they are being told by the "Movement" and their "leaders" is designed as propaganda specifically for the target audience of 9/11 Truthers. But that's exactly what it is.

It is important for 9/11 Truthers who actually are interested in the truth no matter where it leads to question, question, question everything, including and especially their own beliefs. Critical thinking is key.

There are those of us who are skeptics by nature and training. We question everything we are told by anyone. We do not care where the evidence takes us. We understand that in the case of 9/11 that the claims, assertions, distortions, bizarre theories, and propaganda terms are designed to obfuscate the fact that the 9/11 Truth Movement has never been able to refute the massive evidence it claims is just an "official story."

Always question your beliefs.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzingOn

one could say that if your brain ran on fuel.. it wouldnt have enough to run a ants motorcycle through the inside of a cheerio.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzingOn

one could say that if your brain ran on fuel.. it wouldnt have enough to run a ants motorcycle through the inside of a cheerio.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jthomas

Thanks jthomas for the well thought out and important insight. I completely agree that we must question everything,absolutely. I understand that motives vary for many people. I like to believe EVERYONE is searching for the same truth.

The reasons I place such labels as "official story" believer or "truther" for that matter is only to distinguish between the two. The differences are distinct. My post was to see what methods or reasoning people use when discussing the events of 911. I probably should have included " If anyone has convinced a truther to believe in the "official" story" also.

The questions , if limited to only the 911 Commissions report (which could be actually refered to as the "official story") remain unanswered to the satisfaction of most people of either side of the debate.

I appreciate your wisdom on this matter, I continue to question and search for answers, through experienced minds such as yourself. I am always curious to learn the logic behind each individual argument.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I have challenged people to question what they have been told. I have no theory, so I can't convince anyone of any particular thing other than what they have been told from the official investigation are questionable conclusions based on negligent investigation and tenuous (at best) to ludicrous (at worst) assumptions.

And I have convinced some people to question what they have been told - including a few PhDs.

So, that makes me feel good.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
For me, the repercussions of September 9th have now become a more pressing matter. I would very much like the orchestrator's to be found and hung by their thumbs. I doubt, from my own experience, that this will ever happen. If it does, I'm not sure it will change anything.

Like Valhall, I have managed to point out how this tragedy has been thoroughly
exploited, to many people. I myself, when TV news cut to Middle Eastern folk dancing in the street as the details of this outrage occurred, saw the script. Many people died that day. Many more people have died because of that day and this will continue.

We must say enough is enough, and we must say it together.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I have opened a few peoples eyes to the possibility of it being an inside job, and i have simply brought up the idea with some and they have gotten very angry and told me i was a crazy nut job. They subsequently refused to debate the issue any further and conjectured that i was probably a holocaust denier and that i probably though pearl harbor was planned too.

See the problem is that there are so many people that have SO much faith in the us govt that they could never be swayed to believe anything besides the official story. It all boils down to sick egos in the end.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Valhall You have every right to be proud be it just opening someones eyes to a different scenerio.With all the theories floating around on how it was done or why it was done or who did it, I think just introducing the idea that not everything we have been told, by the government or the media about 911, adds up.It is the best and most probable way of opening eyes on a mass scale.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sam Vimes

Truer words were never spoken.The only place to start is together, as one.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
See the problem is that there are so many people that have SO much faith in the us govt that they could never be swayed to believe anything besides the official story. It all boils down to sick egos in the end.

I agree that some people will just not accept anything sinister from their government or their media. I think it boils down to conditioning.It seems to me that so many different people from every walk of life are questioning everything now (The war,911,the economy,the elections).I think this is true globally.

It may not take the form of a 911 truth movement, but it seems people are becoming disenfranchised, especially the youth.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retikx

See my post above. The evidence doesn't come from the government; it comes from thousands of independent sources and lines of evidence that the government never had control over to begin with nor could control if it wanted to.

But no one should take on faith what anyone says - including that from those who promote so-called "9/11 Truth." Should you be swayed by them instead of by the evidence?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Just an observation here

The title of this thread makes it sound like there's a new religion looking to 'convert' new followers. I prefer to give people credit for their ability to think independently and reach their own conclusions.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
In a word, yes

Two people actually...One is my partner, the other my brother in law...It took both of them a couple of weeks of casual online browsing off their own backs to come round, but once they did, they did in a big way...

Neither now doubt the whole thing was a huge, perverted, awful con perpetrated on the American people

Peace

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jthomas
The evidence doesn't come from the government; it comes from thousands of independent sources and lines of evidence that the government never had control over to begin with nor could control if it wanted to.

What evidence is available for public scrutiny that comes neither directly from nor is controlled by the US government?

When I say 'evidence', I mean the raw evidence, not the reports that are allegedly based upon alleged evidence.

And, while you're at it, please show how this evidence (if indeed you can find any) specifically excludes the possibility that members of the US Government, in whatever capacity, were involved or aware.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Honestly, I don't know. I think everyone I have talked to about it had their own 'ideas', but kept to themselves while the rainbow terror alerts were flashed at us 5 times a day, and the fear that you were a terrorist if you questioned the President's actions and motives in the "War on Terror".

Maybe I changed some minds, but I think most of all I facilitated discussions with directions to finding 'the facts'. I have never 'evangelicalised' about the events.

DocMoreau

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join