It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Convinced anyone of the Inside Job of 911

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I was wondering if anyone has talked an "official theory" believer into a truther through study and discussion. Be it a family member or friend,stranger at a party or a teacher or your co-workers.

To begin with I very rarely run into an " official theory" believer.On a 4 out of 5 basis , people are very consistent in there belief that we have been lied too. On many occasions I recieve almost a frustrated look from people when I ask an opinion. Most answers range from "Of course there was an inside job!" to " What theory do you believe?"

One example I have is with a dear friend of mine, Ill call her... Cathy O Brien. Cathy is an author so she is creative and intelligent.Cathy took the "official theory" at complete face value.One night Cathy and I got talking about 911. She was hostile, incredulous,angry and sickened as I explained the almost countless questions surrounding those murderous events.

All I asked for her to do was check out ATS and catch Loose Change. And then I begged her to show me where truthers are wrong.Because personally I wish The official 911 story was true. To think that It was planned and executed by Americans or just allowed to happen is almost unbearable to take. To think people trusted with power could not only cause this or allow this to happen,but the media,faces we have to look at every day, continue to perpetuate the myth and with that lose any credibility they have and most likely their soul.

Cathy O Brien came back to me a few days later.She looked tired and wounded, but stronger overall. All she said was "How could they?" and "What can we do?" Two good questions....Anybody else see the transformation from the darkness into the light.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by skinnyblaze

Welcome to ATS, skinnyblaze

Last summer my fiancé's daughter from her previous marriage, who is 17, stayed with us while her school was out on summer vacation and during a conversation at dinner she was telling us about her high school history class and all that her teacher taught them about the 911 events. I listened to her describe what she was being taught (told) and it was that 911 was all about Osama Bin Laden and his terrorist plot attack against the U.S.

She told us how her teacher explained to the class all about a plane crashing in the fields that was taken down by the passengers that was targeted for the White House and how the plane that hit the Pentagon was also part of a terrorist plot to attack the U.S. and how Osama Bin Laden used 2 planes to strike the Twin Towers (basically repeating everything said in the so called 'Official' 911 Report). She confidently went on and on how it was all Bin Ladens fault.

After she enthusiastically talked about 911 for a good 20 minutes, as if she knew everything about that day and was educating us, I asked her if the teacher ever mentioned or if her class mates ever discussed the 911 events 'Official Report' possibly NOT making full sense. She said "no" and "what did I mean by that?", so I told her about a few things that puzzles me and many others and this is what I said and what had happened.

I said did you know that there are unusual signs of demolition squibs and explosion sounds filmed and heard by many firemen during the tower 'hits' and that there are testimony's from many police, firemen and general public witnesses that all say they heard and seen the towers fall as if done by demolition style detonations and how the owner of building 7 was interviewed and said that building 7 was "pulled" (demolished) on purpose? With a stunning look she said "no way, they didn't say anything like that in class." I said did they talk about how one of the planes that hit a Tower had some odd looking anomaly underneath it that is captured on film and how there was a strange "flash" in front of the planes nose right before it hit the Tower or how there was news footage aired at the time on all networks showing a plane's nose entering a Tower then exiting the other side with no damage to it at all when the video is played in slow motion and then paused? Even more shocked ( as we talked about that in greater detail then I can type here) she says "omg! You got to be making this all up because my teacher isn't telling us that stuff."

I told her a few things about the Pentagon "hole" not being big enough for a jumbo jet to fit into and how no bodies, luggage, engines or any real wreckage was found at the Pentagon and how the plane that crashed in the "field" barely burnt a small portion of grass when it was supposedly full of jet fuel and how no bodies, luggage, engines or much of any plane wreckage was found there either like in comparison to other plane crashes that ever happened before. We talked about all sorts of 'suspicious' details of the 911 events for about 30 minutes while eating dinner. I told her that maybe she should ask her next teacher about some of the things I was saying and maybe just bring up some of the questions next time 911 is discussed in school since it is part of what is being taught in the History classes.

She suddenly started feeling sick, got a bad headache and lost her appetite and had to be excused from the table to use the bathroom and get some aspirin before laying down in bed. She never heard such things (theory's) before and couldn't really process the "possibility" of the 911 events being taught to her in high school the last few years may not be the complete truth as she was always told to trust her teachers.

My fiancé' and I decided while she was in the bathroom to not talk about it anymore and to not even tell her about researching 911 online or about watching any video's online that go into much more details about 911 theory's because it was obviously to emotionally and physically upsetting to her daughter and that maybe she is to young (unfortunately) to open her mind to certain truth's and reality's about 911.

So to keep this long post shorter it seems that a lot of todays youth are not aware of all the 911 facts and evidence that have been discovered years after that tragic time in history. The "Official 911 Commissions Report" is in fact what is being taught as the truth and nothing but the truth to todays children and that to me is a sad thing.

IMO, it could be to late for any type of 'Smoking Gun" to emerge from the ashes of those Twin Towers to convince tomorrows kids that what is being taught in todays schools may not be what really happened on 911.

Bzzzzzzz

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by skinnyblaze
I was wondering if anyone has talked an "official theory" believer into a truther through study and discussion. Be it a family member or friend,stranger at a party or a teacher or your co-workers.

One example I have is with a dear friend of mine, Ill call her... Cathy O Brien. Cathy is an author so she is creative and intelligent.

Cathy O Brien?!
Well, if any name rings a bell...
Tranceformation of America - by Cathy o' Brien is listed below.
www.scribd.com...

Interesting, that in your post in the last line, you mention the word 'transformation'.
Anyway, it could be subconcious, those words just jumped at me, thats all!

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I've discussed 9/11 with a number of close friends and acquaintances and I've never had anyone reject my analysis out of hand. In fact everyone has been neutral or tending to believe some version of "something doesn't add up" at the outset.

All of them were quite thoughtful and asking very good questions at the end of our conversations, and I always encourage them to do their own investigation independently to make up their own minds. I'd say over 1/4 already believe that 9/11 wasn't "right" and no one remained unconvinced of the inconsistencies and anomalies.

I find the prior post about the teaching the official, sanitized version of 9/11 as "history" to adolescents disturbing but inevitable. First, it is not "history" and secondly, it is indoctrination.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
i tried to have a conversation with someone about it, this person is one who usually would be considered a know all.

however he claimed the govt version is 100% correct yet he could not tell me what building 7 was or how it collapsed, or where the shanksville plane's debris was.

i asked if he done any research and he says he doesnt need to. he seen it live on TV.

so he knows everything of 9/11 yet never heard of building 7 or how it fell?
i then realised there was no point trying to have a conversation, his mind was made up that he is of course 100% correct as always. all because "he seen it live on tv"

you cant have a conversation with those who have a closed mind.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Well, I'm not from America, but from Holland. Most people overhere have no clue about 911 being an inside job, or they just wont believe me.
I'm happy to say I've convinced my best friends, and my family members are still in the middle, they know, they just don't want to know it.
What I found is that, the higher a person is educated, the harder it is to convince them, cause they think they know it all.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Thanks for the welcome buzz...Very interesting that her reaction was to feel sick and weak...the same symptoms '"Cathy'" showed and pretty much how I felt also.The story needs to be told to anyone with an ounce of deductive reasoning.I believe the sickness passes into an awakening.Thanks again for the welcome.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by vladmir

One example I have is with a dear friend of mine, Ill call her... Cathy O Brien. Cathy is an author so she is creative and intelligent.

Cathy O Brien?!
Well, if any name rings a bell...
Tranceformation of America - by Cathy o' Brien is listed below.
www.scribd.com...

Interesting, that in your post in the last line, you mention the word 'transformation'.
Anyway, it could be subconcious, those words just jumped at me, thats all!

Great eye vladmir...I thought it was a name everyone should look up...Cathy O'brien...google it if you don't know it.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Thanks for the welcome buzz...Very interesting that her reaction was to feel sick and weak...the same symptoms '"Cathy'" showed and pretty much how I felt also.The story needs to be told to anyone with an ounce of deductive reasoning.I believe the sickness passes into an awakening.Thanks again for the welcome.

Absolutely, investigating the 911 events has brought me to information that has caused my spiritual awakening. Apparently, every bad thing also has its good outcomes.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by gottago
I've discussed 9/11 with a number of close friends and acquaintances and I've never had anyone reject my analysis out of hand. In fact everyone has been neutral or tending to believe some version of "something doesn't add up" at the outset.

All of them were quite thoughtful and asking very good questions at the end of our conversations, and I always encourage them to do their own investigation independently to make up their own minds. I'd say over 1/4 already believe that 9/11 wasn't "right" and no one remained unconvinced of the inconsistencies and anomalies.

I find the prior post about the teaching the official, sanitized version of 9/11 as "history" to adolescents disturbing but inevitable. First, it is not "history" and secondly, it is indoctrination.

I agree one hundred percent gottago...It remains up to us as friends and family as teachers and students of this world to get the information out,one person at a time...until the population is born with the knowledge....like the "100th monkey"

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Obliv_au

Some people are definitely not ready to see.The idea that this could have been an inside job rocks the very foundation of everything. The past present and especially the future looks very different to the soul with his/her eyes open.The next false flag may be too late...

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

That has been my experience, except the people with whom I spoke either thought it was an inside job or deliberately thought people looked the other way. However, that did not take place until they realized Iraq was a perpetrated hoax, using 9/11/2001 to get there. Prior to that, many people were rationalizing their way through 9/11. The same way many were gung ho, due to lies, to go after Hussein - until reality set in.

Which leads to these pertinent questions. Just who are these people using Internet forums. to voraciously, personally attack and deliberately circle argue, with those not willing to agree with the "official" versions 6 years 3 months later? What is their motive? What is self-serving in it for them relentlessly pounding at people not agreeing with them?

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by enigmania

In the US, it is viewed just the opposite,and Karl Rove admits it to the general public:

"As people do better, they start voting like Republicans... ...unless they have too much education and vote Democratic, which proves there can be too much of a good thing." KARL ROVE, Bush's political guru and White House advisor (so, in other words, if your smart you'll vote Democratic)

There is a very old truism. "If you can keep the world stupid, you can rule it." That means lack of education and unwillingness to educate one's self formally, informally, or both.

It certainly means there are highly formally educated people, who never bother practically applying their formal education to life, and actually learn from life.

There are people never having the opportunity to educate themselves formally in advanced education, but are some of the most highly educated in life people I have had the privilege of knowing or meeting throughout my life.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionStars

Brilliantly put Orionstars....I realize when you are arguing against the media it is an uphill battle. The fool proof argument is in the overwhelming evidence. Once I start laying it all out for people , including direction to ATS , what really happened , rense (the list goes on)...I realize the amount of evidence is too much for one sitting. But I also realize it is up to the individual to care enough to want to know. And convincing someone to desire the truth and knowledge cannot be won.They must want it for themselves..

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrionStars

That has been my experience, except the people with whom I spoke either thought it was an inside job or deliberately thought people looked the other way. However, that did not take place until they realized Iraq was a perpetrated hoax, using 9/11/2001 to get there. Prior to that, many people were rationalizing their way through 9/11. The same way many were gung ho, due to lies, to go after Hussein - until reality set in.

Which leads to these pertinent questions. Just who are these people using Internet forums. to voraciously, personally attack and deliberately circle argue, with those not willing to agree with the "official" versions 6 years 3 months later? What is their motive? What is self-serving in it for them relentlessly pounding at people not agreeing with them?

The motives must be limited to 4 different things...#

#1 the incredibly naive answer that "the government would never harm its own people." People actually believe this.

#2 With so many truthers out here on the net, and every where some just want to be different, to be the Devils Advocate (and they certainly are).They would argue the need for oxygen to breath is but another conspiracy.

#3 Ill informed...the media is all knowing, it seeks the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth with no agenda of its own. Now I find this argument with an older more mature demographic that clings to the blissful state of unawareness that existed before the internet.

#4 Actual disiformation agents...Now it took me awhile to believe these people existed until I started going through the thousands of 911 truther sites...some dedicated to 911, some just regular everyday sites ie...imdb,yahoo questions...and the venomous,personal attacks that are launched at truthers. On a page of 100 comments 70 would be from different truthers but there was only one "shill" spewing hatred and anger at an otherwise peacefull discussion...and this pattern repeats itself over and over again from site to site.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Only 18 months ago I was a total sucker! I believed the "official" version, and would get into rants with lefties, telling them they were blind, and left media was trying to distort the reality of muslims and their agenda to take over the world! I used to goto the anti muslim site and read all the anti-muslim posts and agreed with them.

Then a friend of mine (very intelligent guy) started laughing at my views when I was "teaching" him about muslims and their evil ways.... I asked him why he was laughing and he said my views were exactly how "they" wanted me to be, and because he though I was intelligent, he asked had I looked at all the facts and how this anger started. I told him 9/11, Bali, Madrid, London.... he left and said he would get back to me.

The next week he came around again with the doco "Zeitgeist" (heh, hence my nick). He said, I think you might get something out of this..and I did...through each of the 3 segments, I could feel my jaw hitting the ground, I could feel my ego fade, and my eyes were as big as saucepans. Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark! I felt so ripped off, such a sucker, such an uneducated, uninformed baby of a man! After reserching over and over, checking the facts I disputed, I was converted. Took the red pill. Now I feel like I am in a minority of people that are rapidly expanding, some people I know were like "we thought you'd eventually get it". I was amazed, "Why didn't you tell me I was full of it?!" I'd ask them. They said they did, but I wasn't listening. I was only seeing propaganda, and believing the lies. I have seen every doco out there now, on everything! I have killed my TV for anything commercial, I cant watch the news anymore, and I only watch what I want to , and when...it is even hard to watch some movies now, as you start to see the agenda of these movies, and how they again are used to program all of us.

Someone was talking about Cathy O'Brian, I read that book, and if it is true, it is the most shocking, revealing, and damming proof of the elite and their inhumane ways. One thing that makes me believe books like hers, or people like Icke, is if they can say those slanderous things about the elite, why the elite never sue them for publicly speaking these facts? which leads me to believe they may infact have proof of these crimes.

Anyway now I tell as many people that will listen about 9/11 and the inside job it was, some react just like I did. Some go away quietly and do their own research. The one tip I will give anyone who wants to offer the red pill, you must do it without emotion, you must be calm and patient when you explain to them the facts of 9/11. Be prepared for ridicule too! Who cares what people think of you I say. It only takes one person to thank you for telling them what you have found out, to know what you are doing can make a difference, and open a whole new perspective on life.

btw now when I see any muslim, I smile and say hello to them, and guess what, they say hello and smile back.

watchZEITGEISTnow

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This is my experience from Canada.
Just to make it clear,I've never tried to convince anyone of an inside job.I explain myself and give the information I've come across when we talk about the subject.
Since most people have computers I usually give them sites and news sources to check out online.I never force the issue and let the person come to their own conclusions.
I firmly believe 9/11 was an inside job from my own research.
I can say this though, when I ask my family/friends if they think the Official Report is accurate, all I hear is laughter.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by BuzzingOn

Welcome to ATS, skinnyblaze

Last summer my fiancé's daughter from her previous marriage, who is 17, stayed with us while her school was out on summer vacation and during a conversation at dinner she was telling us about her high school history class and all that her teacher taught them about the 911 events. I listened to her describe what she was being taught (told) and it was that 911 was all about Osama Bin Laden and his terrorist plot attack against the U.S.

Public schools only exisit to make you a complient member of society and not to question government. This is one of the main reasons I quit and got my GED in 06.

[edit on 14-1-2008 by TyrannyofAmerica]

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14-1-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Sadly, I've quit talking to people about 9/11, no-one wants to hear what I have to say about it. My mom and older brother and his wife are right wingers, so they don't/ won't believe anything I have to say about it. My younger brother doesn't want to hear about it either. My wife has no interest in 9/11 or ufos for that matter.

My friends don't want to intelligently talk about it either. They, for the most part, just say don't go there. so that leaves me, the cat and my computer. Our cat doesn't understand what I'm saying or he doesn't agree with me either

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
4 and counting.

Good thread.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join