It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's your turn to admit you were wrong!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Text"Conservative television news anchor Bill O'Reilly said Tuesday he was now skeptical about the Bush administration and apologized to viewers for supporting prewar claims that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. The anchor of his own show on Fox News said he was sorry he gave the U.S. government the benefit of the doubt that former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein's weapons program poised an imminent threat, the main reason cited for going to war. 'I was wrong. I am not pleased about it at all and I think all Americans should be concerned about this,' O'Reilly said in an interview with ABC's Good Morning America. 'What do you want me to do, go over and kiss the camera?' asked O'Reilly, who had promised rival ABC last year he would publicly apologize if weapons were not found. O'Reilly said he was 'much more skeptical about the Bush administration now.'" [Welcome aboard, Bill.]

If you thought there was WMDs..well you were wrong so appologize all of you!! even seekerof...

[Edited on 11-2-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I dont give a rats ass if weapons were found or not. The dictator has fallen and the world is free of his Tyranny

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Iraq might not had as much WMD but I think they move them to Syria.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti
If you thought there was WMDs..well you were wrong so appologize all of you!! even seekerof...

Umm... since when is someone required to apologize for opinion, however wrong it may be... Actions are apologized for, not thoughts.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I missed the ABC Good Morning America interview first hand, but know it's been reported by Reuters: www.reuters.com...

But I scoured the Fox sites, and O'Reilly's sites and watched his program last night... and it's like he never even said it. Nada. Bumpkiss.

So I think though he said he'd apologize, he took the easy option to do it at 6 in the freakin' morning on another network...so as not to offend the sensitive conservative ears of his viewership.

His fan base has NO CLUE he did this from what I can tell, especially since we know Fox brags that an increasing number of their viewers ONLY watch FoxNews.

It stanks. Half ass flip flop BS apology. He should say he regrets giving Bush the benefit of the doubt on HIS show and apologize to HIS viewers, or it's kind of meaningless.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti
ITS YOUR TURN TO ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG!

" Your turn " ? What do you mean ? Did you admit that you were wrong so now it's the others turn ? That's it ?

Anyway, I stand with the above posters and what they wrote on the subject.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Mr. McGotti....
How you today? Good I hope. In addressing your directed commentary.....

First off, allow me to mention that this particular topic/thread has already been posted in the Politics & Scandals, here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

My original/initial comments can be found and read in the original topic/thread. I'm assuming that in your haste to point me out, you didn't bother to check any of the forums to see if your subject/topic had been previously posted? Ok....

Secondly, since you named me specifically, ummm, Mr. McGotti....allow me to ask a few questions of you that I hope you will get around to answering in the foreseeable future:

Just "who" or "what" makes Mr. Pat O'Reilly an expert on the subject of Iraq's WMD's and their subsequent full disclosure and discovery? May I remind you that even Mr. Kay mentioned that though NO 'real' WMD had or have been found in Iraq, that he believes that there are many questions left to be answered; that there may be smaller, not larger quantities --- as previously thought, still in Iraq or had been moved out of Iraq. In such, the full disclosure of Iraqi WMD is somewhat still up in the air, per se'? On the issue of "immenent threat" and Bush "lying" or "falsely" taking the US to war with Iraq, my opinions can be found on multiple threads and do not need to be re-hashed on this one.

Thirdly,since when did the voice of a liberal (though many claim conservative), populist, "waffling", Al Franken spooked, news media anchorman become the last authoritive word on the Iraqi WMD issue, Bush's supposed "immenent threat" usage, and Bush and the administration "lying"?

Despite yours, and others, vocal claims of "treason", "lying", "falsehoods and pretexts", I remind you that within the US remains a judical system for making such determinations either a reality or a defunct falsehood.

I find it quite ironic that I was the only one you named. Why? Because I have been one of the most staunch, out-spoken ATS members on this issue of Iraq having WMD's? Was your intent to discredit me due to the singled out words of dear Mr. O'Reilly? McGotti.....I have a very subdued personality, in real life and on this board, yet, I will not necessarily hesitate, though this is slowly changing, to comment or post my thoughts, opinions, and beliefs on a wide variety of subjects. Some find my 'directness' frustrating, belittling, demeaning, candid, etc. In some situations, I have recognized this and have subsequently apologized, publically and sometimes a combination of publically and with u2u, in earnest for such 'directness'.

In the case of you and Mr. O'Reilly, I'm far from apologizing to anyone, including myself and those closely connected to me in real life, concerning Saddam and the issues of Iraqi WMD, past or present!
When or "if" this issue is taken before a judical inquiry and subsequently determined, beyond reasonable doubt or probability, that Saddam and Iraq did not have WMD or that they destroyed every bit they claimed and had been documented by the UN and UNSCOM, I will offer my apologies then......until then, the "jury" is still out on being "wrong, so apologize", no matter what is determined and said "publically".

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 11-2-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Jeffrey.
How you doing today?
Got any thing to contribute or say?
Please. Feel free to give your thoughts or comments.

regards
seekerof

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
damn Seekerof destroyed that kid

I bet he won't know how to respond to that

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Jeffrey.
How you doing today?
Got any thing to contribute or say?
Please. Feel free to give your thoughts or comments.

regards
seekerof

I'm doing fine Seekerof, how are you doin?

Well I was just wondering why anybody should apologize for an opinion made about the possible build-up of large scale weaponry in Iraq. The media and government are a little too mixed up to get any straight answers from so I didn't know what to think from the start. I'm stuck in a steady limbo rigth now.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti...If you thought there was WMDs..well you were wrong so appologize all of you!! ...

[Edited on 11-2-2004 by John bull 1]

Hi McGotti!!

Thanx for the invitation for us all to repent our sins.... However, could *you* please:

a) Explain *who* we are to apologise to?

b) What good would that do anybody?

c) What *your* thoughts were about WMD's, *before* quoting the article above ie did you *not* believe in their existence at all?? Hindsight is a wonderful thing to possess....

Best wishes

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Jeffrey...
I certainly don't know why the average citizen should have to apologize, but be rest assurded, "when" and "if" the time comes, I will gladly do so.

O'Reilly's case is a bit different. He is a fairly well known, publically seen entity. In such, he may have felt the need to publically apologize. His motivation is questionable. May have been a lack of "faith" or just a simple "knee-jerk" reaction. IMHO, it speaks untold volumes about his character and beliefs. Let's hope that the "wind" doesn't blow to hard, cause I'm of the opinion that Mr. O'Reilly will go which ever way the "wind" carries him.

regards
seekerof

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
I dont give a rats ass if weapons were found or not. The dictator has fallen and the world is free of his Tyranny

Yes i agree

America did a good job at taking out there trash!

MAte you think thats the end of all this?

You need to wake up, theres alot more out there, and in there i include Bush himself!

Salaam

Guerilla

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE

Yes that may be true but for the last time IT WAS NOT THE REASON GIVEN TO GO TO WAR!!! End of fucking story.

I'm sick to death of people trying to make excuses and hoping that if they change their story and repeat it as much as possible others wont notice it.

The reason the pre emptive was used rather than going through the UN route was because Saddam was an IMMEDIATE THREAT!!! We now know (and some of us knew all the way back then) that this was bullshit.
They lied to get their dirty little war, like they always do.

Thousands of lives could've been spared if they told the truth and this was continued through the UN. But I suppose that doesn't matter, it was worth it now that you got your ONE man, right?

And before you say the UN was powerless and gutless, just look at the IRA? It's taken many a decade but by building slow pressure we've just about finished them off, and we didn't even need a pre emptive strike that killed thousands of Irish people.

I know which tactic I feel better about.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
For one can only see the truth when one has come across the river of faith..guided by the fruit of goodness.A wise man once told me that and I think it applys well to this particular subject.. dont you?

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
there is a difference between 'we haven't found any WMD and there is NO weapons of Mass destruction.'

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
What I find interesting about this "particular subject" McGotti, besides "the river of faith" and "fruits of goodness" and the "wise man once told me" story, is how you skirted my questions and what I had to say in response to you 'calling me out'......

Ironic, "don't you" think?

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 12-2-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by allwayslooken
Iraq might not had as much WMD but I think they move them to Syria.

agreed... and even if that isn't the case saddam is gone, so YAY!

and that's a really great thing. i know pretty much first hand. i live near dearborn, michigan (highest population of arabs outside of middle east) and it was one giant celebration in the streets. it made me happy to know some good had come out of this.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Well it seems in the battle of wits between McGotti and Seekerof, McGotti came unarmed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join